Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Furax [2.0 Edition]

MechaTails

[uNDER CONSTRUCTION]
This is a topic like my others to showcase the Furax. Feel free to add to this knowledge base.

==================

A long time ago, when Man was barely more than fleshy jelly escaped from the Creator's test tube, Man decided that fighting bare-knuckled was fun. They would punch walls, punch each other, punch arrogant cows, but this was hard on the hands. They needed something sturdier than flimsy skin and bone to dish out the pain.

Today, the Furax is recognized as the ultimate evolution of that technique, of that primal urge to smash your enemies into a pulpy tangy drink.

===================

oGkDm1t.jpg

•Slide Attack [Launching Spring]
Do a sliding uppercut. Enemies in your slide path don't take any damage, you only do damage if the uppercut connects with an enemy. I would change this slide attack to perform more like the Kronen, with a short slide and quick stopping, so you can control where the punch lands better.

•Jump Attack [One Point]
Smash the ground to cause an AOE knockdown effect. You also damage enemies if you land directly on them.

•Stealth Attack
If you're sneaky enough, Furax will let you snap an unalerted enemy's neck. There are some Infested enemies who you hate so much that stealth-attacking them will cause you to suplex them through the floor. You don't use the gloves themselves to perform these attacks, but they look cool anyway. I just wish the Suplex move would happen with enemies other than just certain Infested.

•Parrying (also known as "blocking" with RMB/R2)
The parry animation involves swiping the Furax in front of you. It's not flashy, but it works lol.

•Finisher [Roaring Drums]
When an opponent is knocked down, press E at them and you'll pound them like a rampaging jungle drum. Any enemies very close to you will also take damage from the Finisher, so make them feel the beat, Tenno.

With Seismic Palm installed, Furax's finisher gets a 5x damage boost! You'll be OHKOing most enemies that end up sprawled on the floor. This synergizes well with the basic Quaking Touch combo that does a 100% knockdown on the third hit.

•Counter Attacking
When you're Channeling and you get attacked by melee, there's a chance you'll parry+stagger the enemy, this is called a Counter. When the enemy is staggered this way, you can perform a Finisher, which deals 1600% damage. The Finisher's animation is an automatic 3-hit combo that wrecks the opponent.

Seismic Palm's brutal 5x damage bonus to Finishers makes Counterattacking an instant kill.

•Wall Attack [Through Strike]
n/a

•Directional Air Melee Attack

n/a

•Range
Below you can see the Furax's attack range without mods. Standing where she is, Banshee can hit the locker in front of her.

H5pdj5K.jpg

===================

SUGGESTED MODS

Seismic Palm / Fracturing Wind
I haven't used the Fracturing Wind stance yet so I'm favoring Seismic Palm for now. Seismic Palms shockwave attacks look pretty cool coming from my Banshee.

True Steel + Organ Shatter
I like these because you get 32% Crit Chance and 3.8x Crit Multiplier. There's a lot of QQing from some players if a weapon doesn't have like 2000% Crit Chance, don't pay attention to them. Furax deals plenty of damage like this.

Berserker
The Crit Chance provided by True Steel lets you stack attack speed from Berserker, turning you into a jackhammering machine. You don't need Fury, only Berserker. You'll be attacking very fast, so you may want to use the Echoing Hands combo since all you have to do is hold Forward and mash E, it'll trigger automatically. You can also simply mash E to perform Quaking Touch, you'll be throwing slobber-knockers all over the place!

Spoiled Strike
The speed boost from Berserker lets you use Spoiled Strike with a negligible drawback, you'll attack slowly until you land a Critical Hit. You'll get one quickly, then it'll be as if you had Fury installed. Trigger more Crits and you attack even faster, negating Spoiled Strike's negative effect.

Life Strike

This mod is recommended for almost every melee weapon, especially if you have crappy armor.

===================

SEISMIC PALM COMBOS

Quaking Touch [E, E, E]

This is the basic sequence of attacks that happens when you simply mash E. It's good for quickly filling your Combo meter. It also has the added effect of causing knockdown on the target on the third hit, so you can easily follow up with Roaring Drums for an instant KO.

•First is a spinning backhand.

•Then a quick reverse elbow.

•The 3-hit combo ends with a short dash forward and a vicious right fist that knocks down the enemy 100% of the time.

Distance traveled while performing:
MARm4hR.jpg

Echoing Hands [E, E, Forward+E, E, E]

If you're in the habit of holding forward when attacking with melee, this is the combo you'll most likely be triggering all the time. That's all you have to do to perform it, just hold forward and mash E, no timing necessary.

•Spinning backhand.

•Reverse elbow followed quickly by another spinning backhand.

•Two quick low hooks followed by a strong over-arcing punch.

•The final attack thrusts both fists forward, causing a wide shockwave to blast forward. The shockwave doesn't seem to do anything though, it doesn't knock down or damage opponents, which totally sucks. However, it does seem to do a ton of damage to whatever enemy is in front of you and within your punching range.

The fourth or final attack seem to be able to smash Corpus cameras overhead. It doesnt work on Grineer door sensors though.

Distance traveled while performing:
pjRGtYB.jpg

Sudden Rockfall [E, Pause, E, E, E]

This is the combo I use most of the time in mobs because of the final attack's AOE knockdown.

•Spinning backhand.

•Crazy spinning overhead super-punch, this is how you can tell if you paused long enough, because if you didn't you'll just do the quick reverse elbow from the other combos.

•Clap fists together to cause a wide shockwave. Note how the particles at the top flow horizontally for this shockwave while Echoing Hands's shockwave has vertical particles. And again, this shockwave doesn't seem to do anything.

Ground slam with AOE knockdown.

This combo is easy to do once you get a feel for how long to pause before you press E again. You can cheat a little in that if you successfully perform the second attack, you can then just mash E after and the shockwave and ground slam will happen automatically.

Erupting Vulcan [E, Block+E, E]

This doesn't require any timing either, you can simply hold down Block the entire time and the combo will happen automatically by mashing E.

•Spinning backhand.

•Downward hook.

•Uppercut.

This is a 3-hit combo like Quaking Touch, however you don't move much by performing it. I move maybe a foot every time I do it, so it's great for focusing on 1 enemy.

The main draw of this combo is that the third attack will always stagger the opponent as if they were counterattacked, which then lets you perform a 1600% damage Finisher! Use this on those extra tough enemies that refuse to stay down, like, say, those mother@(*()$ Infested Ancients.

=======================

Personal Thoughts

I love using these things to cave faces. They do tons of damage, which is a very important trait for a melee weapon to have so it can be desireable over a gun. This game is not melee-friendly, and it lets you know every chance it gets by pelting you with a million bullets before you even get into melee range, and a million more before you can even throw the first punch. Because of this, these CQC weapons are great for Infested. Everyone is always telling you not to get too close to space zombies because they might bite you and infect you and mess up your hair or something, right? Well, now you can be a colossal badass and wade through those gross bastards like an exploding jackhammer. Even if you get grappled by an annoying Ancient, you can retaliate with a quick knockdown and finisher.

You can definitely tackle Corpus and Grineer though, just prepare for lots and lots of bullet blocking. I find myself only using Quaking Touch and Erupting Vulcan then simply because the Furax do enough damage to kill quickly and the other combos take too long to perform. Keep moving to avoid those bullets.

Learn to abuse your flying dropkick for instant knockdowns + finishers. Once your attack speed is way up there with Berserker, you can finish off 3 to 4 enemies before they get back up.

=======================