Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TRINITY is useless as support.

nzzero

I enjoy playing support classes in most games, but the trinity warframe is a bit of a disapointment. It does not bring a lot of contribution to the team. Volt can clear an entire room, Loki disarms oponents, Ex blinds them etc. Trinity has its health and energy regen skills, but because they are only active when a player is attacking an affected enemy, they are a waste of energy on every mob but the strongest bosses. That is 5% of the fights in-game.

I believe that Trinity's skills should be targeted at the team, not the enemy. For example:

Skill 1 could place a healing orb in front of the player that heals for large % of health. This way Trinity player can choose to pick up the orb himself, or give it to another player.

Skill 2 could be the energy vampire, but instead of targeting the enemy, it would be an AoE spell with center around trinity. Players standing inside it would regenerate energy when dealing damage.

Skill 3 - Shields target player, absorbing a large % of damage recieved. Trinity gains energy proportional to damage absorbed.

Skill 4 is pretty much fine, but i would swap invulnerability for an ability to instantly revive downed players.

This setup promotes the team support aspect of trinity's skills. Let me know what you think and what other ideas we can come up with.

One thing can be certain,

trinity needs some love to be a viable support class.

Edited by nzzero

I enjoy playing support classes in most games, but the trinity warframe is a bit of a disapointment. It does not bring a lot of contribution to the team. Volt can clear an entire room, Loki disarms oponents, Ex blinds them etc. Trinity has its health and energy regen skills, but because they are only active when a player is attacking an affected enemy, they are a waste of energy on every mob but the strongest bosses. That is 5% of the fights in-game.

I believe that Trinity's skills should be targeted at the team, not the enemy. For example:

Skill 1 could place a healing orb in front of the player that heals for large % of health. This way Trinity player can choose to pick up the orb himself, or give it to another player.

Skill 2 could be the energy vampire, but instead of targeting the enemy, it would be an AoE spell with center around trinity. Players standing inside it would regenerate energy when dealing damage.

Skill 3 - Shields target player, absorbing a large % of damage recieved. Trinity gains energy proportional to damage absorbed.

Skill 4 is pretty much fine, but i would swap invulnerability for an ability to instantly revive downed players.

This setup promotes the team support aspect of trinity's skills. Let me know what you think and what other ideas we can come up with.

One thing can be certain,

trinity needs some love to be a viable support class.

Not played trinity, but seems legit. Alternatively, they could be AoE debuffs, so you could use them on large packs of normal mobs, rather than just one mob that will die too fast for the effects to be noticeable.

With Trinity still being my most played frame: Yeah, agree.

Her abilities are wasted on all but bosses. Even minibosses die too fast to make her skills even worthwhile. Waiting for ultimate and popping that is usually more efficient than using the other abilities. Also, Link seems to be broken or useless.

I also havent played trinity yet but it will be built soon. so . . I think 2nd skill is pretty good. If u use it on a boss ofc. But is that ability like for 30sec or not? It matters.. 3rd one seems useless to me. If it was channeled to nearby enem"ies" maybe it would be better. u could use it when u were surrounded. But not to allies. If an aly was getting dmg because of me and if he dies, surely i would be hated = p. but i like your skill ideas = )

Those are some pretty good suggestions there. I've got a Trinity cooking in the forge solely because of how usefull it can be in boss fights but I do know how useless her powers are in general combat and as a support-class warframe (outside of boss-fights).

I hope they fix the Trinity next because a decent support/healer warframe would make the gameplay a hell of a lot more interesting. Also god knows we've got enough assault warframes already (Volt, Excalibur, Rhino, Ember. etc.) :P

Edited by 0bit

I definitley agree with this. Also I would like to suggest a way to get some kind of XP compenstation for using the abilities as a sort of support bonus, as most other classes can mow down huge mobs and rooms with thiers, such as Overload, whereas trinity doesn't really get rewarded XP for "assisting" in a kill with thier abilities.

I agree with this. The only problem I see is that in a four player co-op it's not wise to make players "need" a certain class. So while trinity should be supportive it should also be independant, and so should every other frame.

Edited by ZEDD

I agree with this. The only problem I see is that in a four player co-op it's not wise to make players "need" a certain class. So while trinity should be supportive it should also be independant, and so should every other frame.

Indeed. A very good point, that is.

Not played trinity, but seems legit. Alternatively, they could be AoE debuffs, so you could use them on large packs of normal mobs, rather than just one mob that will die too fast for the effects to be noticeable.

Large packs of normal enemies just get instagibbed by Overload though so I don't think that'd be the best direction to go.. I feel like sustained support would be best.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

The devs have already stated they're looking at Trin.

Also the fact that her abilities affect enemies is an inversion of the classic Healer archetype of MMO's. In general, the game rewards aggression and intense combat and part of that is abilities like Trin's that operate based on attacking enemies.

I am against her abilities targetting the team as opposed to enemies. The only ability of hers I think should change is Blessing, the fourth ability you mentioned as being fine. Even though, admittedly, it's the ability I use the most as it is the only really useful ability right now.

While it's true that making Trinity an aggressive support fits the game's style, enemies drop too fast for her targeted abilities to shine properly.

Well of Life:

I propose that instead of health per hit, WoL makes enemies heal Tenno in an aoe burst on death - kind of like the Healing Ancient's ability. If the ability is too weak, WoL could jump to an enemy within a certain amount of meters once triggered, effectively creating a healbomb chain reaction if you're lucky.

I'm not sure how I feel about Energy Vampire, since I've never played Trin/seen one in action before.

I would say the problem is not so much with trinity but with certain warframes having overpowered abilities.

Also agreed with the posters stating trinity should heal via actively engaging in combat, not standing back and being a passive healbot of sorts.

Would also like to see a more "engineer" style warframe that can deploy cover, ammunition, set up a shield recharge station, etc.

Agreed - if this game needs team depended frames, then why have solo mode?

For an extra challenge? Also content is scaled to the amount of players in the match. A developer shoudn't make everything 4x harder for 4 players. It should be harder because the players can cooperate. Also the fact that one feature exists doesn't mean it should block the development of new gameplay facets. If you want a single player game, go play a single player game. That's not an unreasonable request especially considering the gameplay in warframe on a single player level is pretty lackluster.

Edited by MegatechBody

Agreed. Trinity is my favourite frame, but her abilities should be revamped.

IMO, first two abilities should be resembling. Something like someone said before: AoE, and any player that causes damage to enemy gains health/energy.

Edited by Crond

I'm up to 20 on my Trinity, with all powers available and mostly boosted. I can't say I feel like much of a support/healer class as it stands. Perhaps that's the point, but the abilities feel a bit too underwhelming due to their single-target nature. If the healing/energy sap abilities worked much like they do now, but were put on ALL enemies in a circular AoE, it would be an amazing class. However, I also tend to notice that I'm not gaining anything while shooting a marked target, so that issue may need some work too.

Personally, I don't use Link, because when I've tried it seemed to do nothing. This ability could be replaced in my opinion (since it seems more like a tanking ability anyway), and it appears as though others agree. The final, Blessing, is quite good and certainly effective during tight spots in boss fights. I don't think it should be modified or replaced. I wouldn't mind seeing a passive on each class though, with Trinity gaining the ability to revive players more quickly. Perhaps that could be a mod though (+% player revive speed).

Have a level 30 trinity myself... and yeah, her powers are seriously underwhelming.

Well and Vampire are basically useless, they last for 5 seconds at best, if the enemy even survives that long. They need a rework or outright replacement. I haven't used them on anything I can think of except for bosses, where the benefit is small at best. Most people don't even notice them going off unless I explain it first.

Link... link lasts for maybe six to eight seconds. Assuming the glow that surrounds you indicates when it's working. That... is not a useful buff, for something that costs 75 energy. That's nothing more than time to dive behind cover. Plus I don't think your teammates appreciate you using them as involuntary meat shields if no enemy is around to take the damage instead.

Blessing is okay, but it shouldn't even mention that it grants 'invunerability' because I haven't noticed anything longer than a 1-2 second break in damage. The animation to stand back up after using it lasts longer than that. The problem with it is that there's no way to tell when your teammates actually NEED the heal. Unless you have voice chat or something setup, at least. It would be more useful, imo, if it had the ability to revive downed (not dead) teammates, or if they changed it so you could see when someone was in danger. Well, that and the span between 'lost shields' and 'dead' is about two seconds, which is about the same as its cast time.

Currently running a level 22 Trinity myself, I don't feel much like a supporter

I'd like to see the Devs turn Well of Life and Energy Vampire from single-target to AoE, placing the debuff on all enemy units within a certain radius. The core mechanice (turning dealt damage into HP/energy should stay the same to reward aggression). At the moment those powers are only usefull against bosses (and the ancients from the infestation). If the devs should ramp up the durability of the standard mobs, than those powers might be useful as single-target spells, but as of now I think they should be changed (it takes me longer to use the power than for my fellow Tenno to dispatch of the enemies).

The mechanic of Link should be changed - instead of linking Trinity with an ally/enemy near her, it should link multiple enemies and causing all of them to be damaged by a percentage of the damage dealt to any of them. Basically an enemy hit by direct fire would receive 100% of the damage, all enemies linked with him would receive a certain percentage of the damage (eg 20% on the first level of Link).

Blessing needs no change in my opinion.

Edited by philversprechend