Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Weapon: Kusarigama, The Chain Sickle

(PSN)Sh0ck_13lade

I have wicked weapon in mind! Since Warframe is a about space ninjas, what more could make it more ninja-ish (if that is even a real adjective) than a chain sickle with a knife on the other end!? The Kusarigama can allow for long-and-close-range, multi-hit blows. The chain knife can be used similar to Ripline--only if you time your combos right. It can allow for you to impale enemies and yank them back to you so that they can't fall back. It can even be paired with the sickle for close-range hits.
It has to be researched in the Tenno lab. The knife can inflict puncture, the chain itself can inflict impact (if enemies are caught in the chain which is between the knife and sickle), and the sickle can inflict slash. There are two different combo sets for this (BOTH long-range and close-range combo sets should be included in EACH stance). One for the sickle-and-knife pairing (although more focused on the knife) when enemies get too close. The long-range one uses the chain, knife, and sickle (although focused more on the chain and sickle).
This allows for some strategy while using the chain sickle as players can be rewarded if they can take into account the enemy and the distance required to inflict increased faction-specific damage for maximum effect. Examples of this: 1) if an enemy is Grineer, players can close in for knife attacks for more puncture; 2) if the enemy is Corpus, keep them between the sickle and knife with the long-ranged combos to cause more impact from the chain; 3) if the enemy is infested, keep them just far away enough so that the sickle can inflict more slash.

Base Stats:
- Puncture: 25
- Impact: 25
- Slash: 30
- Attack Speed: 1.2
- Critical: 10%/ 1.5x

Pros:
- Able to deal any of the three forms of physical damage
- Fast strikes
- Able to land strikes on an unlimited amount of abilities (only with the proper stance)
- Long-ranged blows
- Has a separate combo set for close-ranged engagements
- Decent AoE jump attack
- High damage
- Well-rounded stats
- Rewarding weapon
- Increased faction-specific damage if distance and enemy type are taken into account

Cons:
- The least stamina efficient weapon in the game, capable of burning through stamina really fast
- Has to be researched in the clan dojo's Tenno lab
- Very costly to make
- Below average critical
- Terrible status
- Unspecialized stats hinder the ability to create faction-focused builds
- If distance and enemy type are not properly taken into account, incorrect damage type can result in damage penalties depending on the enemy

Distance and Enemy Type Calculation Explained:
The chain inflicts more impact, the knife inflicts more puncture, and the sickle inflicts more slash. HOWEVER, the increased faction-specific damage is only triggered when inflicted on the CORRECT enemy. If not, damage can most likely suffer a damage penalty depending of the enemy type considering it can deal any of the three physical damage types.
Examples of how this would work (as shown above): 1) if an enemy is Grineer, players can close in for knife attacks for increased puncture; 2) if the enemy is Corpus, keep them between the sickle and knife with the long-ranged combos to cause more impact from the chain; 3) if the enemy is infested, keep them just far away enough so that the sickle can inflict more slash.
Advanced example of this: 1) the chain will cause increased damage to shields and once shields are gone, you can back away to use the sickle for slash as slash will cause extra damage to flesh.

3 stances I came up with for the Kusarigama:
-"Tearing Thunder"- Gives up unlimited multi-hit and speed for somersaulting, vertical hits with a damage multiplier of 2x and a good chance to land cuts to the head as well as AoE slams. Even with the vertical blows, you can only damage 3 enemies at a time. Close-range attacks include gruesome and powerful strikes. Stamina efficiency is practically increased.
-"Iron Whirlwind"- Fast, spinning horizontal slashes that can "whirlwind" through crowds of enemies, dealing damage to an unlimited amount of enemies with somersaulting strikes to allow for faster transitions between groups of enemies (something Rob would love). Close-range attacks are ripping flurries of fast and brutal strikes.
-"Impaling Vortex"- Although it has the potential for unlimited multi-hit strikes, it focuses more on grappling enemies one at a time with the chain knife and pulling them in for the kill. The chain knife can travel to wherever the crosshairs are aiming at, allowing for easier headshots. Combos can go on for an indefinite amount of time. Close-range attacks are full of ripping and impaling strikes.

I want to make this idea as appealing as possible. If you're an artist willing to contribute a design, leave a reply saying you'll email me on my email: ghostraiku99@gmail.com. This will help notify me that you're interested because my email if overloaded with mail! XD

Edited by (PS4)Sh0ck_13lade