Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something I've Noticed...like Seriously..

Semshol

*Clears throat* Let's start with a little bit of a song:

A warning, to complainers~

The noobs and...the blamers...

This is....waaaaar...(frame)~

Hopefully you all caught that reference x'D

Anyway, I've seen a lot of threads on the forums about people bringing their favourite loadouts into void or some other mission and they get treated badly by their entire team. I just would like to ask the wider community.

Where do I find such horrible people? I mean...everyday, I go to recruiting chat. I just look for a host and join up. We play, we chat and in 15 minutes, we're all bros.

I have walked into T4 with a rank 0 primary and melee, only a mastered secondary. Nobody said anything, it was a pair of Akboltos, far from the Brakk or Marleok or other kinds of well-received weapons. The one time I went down, I got revived and we were all chill, of course I did most of the reviving before that, but that's a separate thing.

In any case, I'd like all the complainers to just do a little perspective check:

- Yes, you are complaining about their loadout of Rhino Prime/Boltor Prime...but ask yourself this: How well were they actually doing with this load-out? Were they good? Or did they fail miserably?

- Look at their other stats. Are they taking damage? Are they requiring constant revives? Are they relying on you? Or could it be that you're the one relying on them?

Because quite frankly, a lot of the community likes to see themselves as better than the average joe with the Rhinoob and Boltor Prime. I don't blame you. But, you have to be fair.

If you want to be welcomed with your own loadout, you have to ask yourself how much you're genuinely contributing to the team.

I can safely say that when I bring a weapon as my main DPS into the match. I am, at MINIMUM, 1/4 of the damage. If for some reason I am below that, it is because I am the CC'er or have some other more important role. If I am DPS, I always top it, no exceptions, it's my role.

Also, if you want to be one who has the freedom to bring whatever he/she wants into whatever mission. You have to ask yourself, are you the type that goes down easily and needs a pick-up? Because when I bring whatever the heck I want, I make sure I never go down because my loadout can handle it. If I do go down, I always make sure my team can reach me in time.

Sometimes, its difficult to help an individual who dies, it's not that easy to help a rusher who thinks he's basically outdone everyone and then died like a million miles away. He might have a unique loadout...but no one is going to run from the pod to help him. No one is going to ditch the mission to help a lone wolf who couldn't handle himself.

So yeah, I just want the complainers to think as to whether or not YOU are the problem.

On the forums, I'm generally snarky, but in game, I'm usually a bro unless you do something totally out of the norm. If you game with me, you'll realise I'm always laughing and cracking jokes. It's fun and the game should be treated like its fun.

So if you've met some really horrible people...tell me how and where because I have honestly met none in all my hours of doing void and T4 farming PUGs.

Edited by Semshol

Btw, Akbolto is not "far from the Brakk or Marleok or other kinds of well-received weapons", it's actually one of the top tier secondaries.

I am aware of that, but a surprisingly large section of the community, actually doesn't even know it exists...which shocks me a little, because if they tested it, it's awesome.

I'll just copy-paste one of my replies from anther thread.

Explode cube w/ laser on Quanta and it becomes better than Penta.
AkBolto can reach almost the same dps as Boltor Prime (use macro).
Detron has no falloff dmg, making Seeker very viable on it and able to deal high dmg against crowds. Also does better than Brakk against Grineer.
Paris Prime does high dmg per shot, and benefits from 4x dmg on crit head shots. Dread works as well.
High-dps version of Paris Prime.
Amprex has high dps against crowds, and also benefits from crit head shots as well.
AkMagnus has good dps, can get to 30k burst dps.
Brakk's obvious
Boar Prime has better burst dps than Boltor Prime when up close.
Marelok's obvious
Latron Wraith has higher dps than Latron Prime, and Latron Prime can easily out-dps a Soma. Though, I would still use a Latron Prime.
Lanka can potentially deal more dmg in a single shot than a bow due to high base dmg and punch through.
Vectis is a good head hunter, and can definitely become powerful with Primed Chamber, but Charged does fine.

There are definitely more that can hold on their own in end-game, you just gotta find those hidden gems.

You mean well but in general this is a moot point, the people who actually do this do not use logic so talking logic to them would be a waste. They are a minority and thus are very rare. 

To the soldier, the civilian,

The martyr, the victim,
This is war.

Haha, nice catch :D

And yeah, I do realise it is a little bit of a waste of time, but I'm bored and I just want to know if people are really meeting these kinds of horrible folks because I've hardly met any...if even one.

I'll just copy-paste one of my replies from anther thread.

Explode cube w/ laser on Quanta and it becomes better than Penta.
AkBolto can reach almost the same dps as Boltor Prime (use macro).
Detron has no falloff dmg, making Seeker very viable on it and able to deal high dmg against crowds. Also does better than Brakk against Grineer.
Paris Prime does high dmg per shot, and benefits from 4x dmg on crit head shots. Dread works as well.
High-dps version of Paris Prime.
Amprex has high dps against crowds, and also benefits from crit head shots as well.
AkMagnus has good dps, can get to 30k burst dps.
Brakk's obvious
Boar Prime has better burst dps than Boltor Prime when up close.
Marelok's obvious
Latron Wraith has higher dps than Latron Prime, and Latron Prime can easily out-dps a Soma. Though, I would still use a Latron Prime.
Lanka can potentially deal more dmg in a single shot than a bow due to high base dmg and punch through.
Vectis is a good head hunter, and can definitely become powerful with Primed Chamber, but Charged does fine.

There are definitely more that can hold on their own in end-game, you just gotta find those hidden gems.

Oh I know all those weapons, I wasn't asking anything about that LOL

I was asking where people met these 'horrible individuals' who wouldn't revive them, called them noob for having unique loadouts etc.

I use all the weapons mentioned :D

Also Akboltos have a higher DPS than Boltor Prime (don't count the sustained, because AkBoltos also have a reload cancel at 75%). They are god-like secondaries if you know what you're doing when modding =P

Edited by Semshol

It's fun and the game should be treated like its fun.

Fun? In muh warframes? Heresy!

But seriously, people blow chance encounters way out of proportion. I've met idiots and trolls and A******s, but they are by no means representative of this community. We're generally awesome people.

Oh I know all those weapons, I wasn't asking anything about that LOL

I was asking where people met these 'horrible individuals' who wouldn't revive them, called them noob for having unique loadouts etc.

I use all the weapons mentioned :D

Also Akboltos have a higher DPS than Boltor Prime (don't count the sustained, because AkBoltos also have a reload cancel at 75%). They are god-like secondaries if you know what you're doing when modding =P

Yeah I know. I just put this here b/c I know that some people are just gonna say "x is best" and whatnot, and kick out people who don't use x.

Bear in mind that on the forums, the minority essentially becomes the majority. Why? Because the minority of players that experience this are the ones voicing their opinions on the matter, whereas players like yourself (the majority) don't see this as a problem and therefore don't chime in.

Also, I hear (and have read) that this kind of stuff is worse for PS4 players. Turns out PC players aren't so elitist towards their fellow PC brethren.

*Has completed a 1 hour run with Just Nekros and Excalibur while ranking up weapons*

Yup. Shoulda brought that Rhino Loki Nova Trinity combo. What was I thinking. Gosh Darn.

Edit:

If your good, your good.

If your bad, your bad, no frame or weapon load-out will help you.

Edited by Shuuro

if you sit and watch for a few minutes in recruitment, you'll notice some of the folks you're asking about.

LF2M - t4s -- MUST BE MR12+ -- pm your warframe & loadout

crap like that.

you'll also notice how they're only getting an additional player about once every 2-3 minutes because so many folks don't want to deal with that type of elitist crap.

and you're right, it's a small minority that tries to act that way.

personally, i'd just rather run the bloody mission and get on with it.

Bear in mind that on the forums, the minority essentially becomes the majority. Why? Because the minority of players that experience this are the ones voicing their opinions on the matter, whereas players like yourself (the majority) don't see this as a problem and therefore don't chime in.

Also, I hear (and have read) that this kind of stuff is worse for PS4 players. Turns out PC players aren't so elitist towards their fellow PC brethren.

I see, yeah I don't play on consoles (PC master-race and all that) so I guess I can't see the console side of it. On PC so far, everything is like uber chill lol.

if you sit and watch for a few minutes in recruitment, you'll notice some of the folks you're asking about.

LF2M - t4s -- MUST BE MR12+ -- pm your warframe & loadout

crap like that.

you'll also notice how they're only getting an additional player about once every 2-3 minutes because so many folks don't want to deal with that type of elitist crap.

and you're right, it's a small minority that tries to act that way.

personally, i'd just rather run the bloody mission and get on with it.

Oh yeah, I actually saw some of those, I even made a post about it before. Because I was MR9 but the dude didn't want me in his T4 and I was like O_O

Almost forgot about that, probably because I just ignore them now.

I still haven't met one that outright refused to revive me though.

*Has completed a 1 hour run with Just Nekros and Excalibur while ranking up weapons*

Yup. Shoulda brought that Rhino Loki Nova Trinity combo. What was I thinking. Gosh Darn.

Edit:

If your good, your good.

If your bad, your bad, no frame or weapon load-out will help you.

Lol x'D

But actually some load-outs can be a crutch to the less skilled players, at least until they pick up all the neat little tricks.

Lol x'D

But actually some load-outs can be a crutch to the less skilled players, at least until they pick up all the neat little tricks.

Yeah, but nothing is going to help them when they stand in the middle of a fire fight in an open area, then wonder why they went down so easily on their Rhino.

True Story.

Edited by Shuuro

Not to fire any shots or insult anyone, but I think it may have to do with the general console demographic.

From my experience there is a clear age gap. (probably in part due to how steam works with the age restrictions and all that)

Yeah, but nothing is going to help them when they stand in the middle of a fire fight in an open area, then wonder why they went down so easily on their Rhino.

True Story.

Experienced it recently actually. Against the grineer, my squishy bone-farmer outlasted all 3 Rhinos lol.

I guess its the deciding ground for pro or eternal noob. Those who get it will move on, those who cannot will Rhino forever...and ever and ever...and ever.

I just play with my 2 friends. In my opinion, Missions either are too short or there isn't really enough time to get connected, and when you do, it most likely be a one time thing. If you have dedicated friends in game, that's great, but I only have two. And I still enjoy going to wave 25 in T4, and we all pull our own weight, even the Nekros. And, shocker, he doesn't use a desecrate build.

True Story.

Honestly, I think Rhino being the first frame to be able to build after the starter frame chosen is the main issue. I've seen a thread where the OP stated that it gives Rhino this god like essence, because new players will ask questions and the first bit of advice thrown at them is to farm Rhino. Now, while this isn't entirely bad for new players, it seems as if it's becoming detrimental in a new players progress because they start to rely on this "crutch" Rhino offers to a new player.(I mean no offense to Rhino players out there, I still have my Rhino and I'm debating whether to finish farming Rhino Prime) But new players start to see Rhino as the answer to the woes of being unfamiliar with how warframe works, and like I said, having a stepping stone like Rhino helps because it gives new players a chance to learn the ropes without much fear of death, but evidence is starting to surface that argues that new warframe players are basing their assessments of other frames on the abilities Rhino possesses. And the conclusion they seem to always come to, at least at first, is that Rhino is the god-frame and if you're not using him then what you have is not entirely end-game worthy. Almost the exact same argument and logic applies to the Boltor Prime, though that's a different topic I won't get into here.(and again, I'm not firing shots at anyone, Boltor P is useful, I still own mine but choose to not use it due to wanting a different pace of gameplay)

Truthfully, I think it would be better off if DE put a different frame to drop off of Jackal, and move Rhino to Earth or Mars,(since new players now have access to Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars after completing Vor's Prize) because it might help to alleviate some of the situation by making Rhino a little less easy to obtain in the early stages of the game.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Those annoying people are mostly found when doing missions with the planets instead of void missions.

With Void and derelict, haven't really had any problems with troublesome people...

Weirdly enough, i never really got why new players went to the rhino as their first new frame... Got myself a dojo-based frame as the first one i build after the starter frame, while rhino is number 10 or 11 of the 12 frames i made already.

Those annoying people are mostly found when doing missions with the planets instead of void missions.

With Void and derelict, haven't really had any problems with troublesome people...

Weirdly enough, i never really got why new players went to the rhino as their first new frame... Got myself a dojo-based frame as the first one i build after the starter frame, while rhino is number 10 or 11 of the 12 frames i made already.

a large portion of the players start this game without any established base already. (solo)

they have no concept of the dojo or what a clan can do for them.

for them, rhino is the very first warframe that is available to them. (other than their starter)

and given it's radical survivability in comparison to almost every other frame... while they're still learning the tricks to mobility & survival, it's obvious why so many use him as a crutch. it's natural.

some will venture onto the more exotic frames, but some take the attitude of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and will continue to rhino until they start running into the scaling limitations that make rhino so lackluster in the upper reaches.

i still use my rhino when doing solo survival when i just don't want to think or have to react quickly. (or farming neural sensors in jupiter dark sector survival) he's great for mindless murder.

Edited by xethier

a large portion of the players start this game without any established base already. (solo)

they have no concept of the dojo or what a clan can do for them.

for them, rhino is the very first warframe that is available to them. (other than their starter)

and given it's radical survivability in comparison to almost every other frame... while they're still learning the tricks to mobility & survival, it's obvious why so many use him as a crutch. it's natural.

some will venture onto the more exotic frames, but some take the attitude of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and will continue to rhino until they start running into the scaling limitations that make rhino so lackluster in the upper reaches.

i still use my rhino when doing solo survival when i just don't want to think or have to react quickly. (or farming neural sensors in jupiter dark sector survival) he's great for mindless murder.

Why not just give them a volt or a banshee though for the first available frame after their starter?

Didn't know any of the dojo stuff either when i first started out, heck, i didn't even know how to obtain the parts needed for a new frame xP

My rhino is gathering dust most of the time now though since i have a valkyr...