Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Gotta Say I Kinda Hate Kubrows

Notofthiswar

Now do not get me wrong they are awesome to have and what not, They are just a pain in the butt to keep alive if you do not play every single day of you're life ,which I play like once a week.  Every time I get back on my kubrow is at 20% health.

Yeah there is Stasis which I do use  but when taking the Kubrow out of Stasis it requires 3 hours before I can use him.  well I never know when I am going to play Warframe and I never play warframe for that long unless I am trying to get something.  So with that  by the time My Kubrow would be ready to use I would be done playing for about a week or more again. 

With the stabilizer's Being priced at 100k Credits  Its a bit insane.   I have had to buy them 3 times and so now I am broke for the most part. So now I am just leaving my Kubrow in Stasis forever, Or at least until something is changed about them.

With the stabilizer's Being priced at 100k Credits  Its a bit insane.   

Didn't they change it to 75K? Honestly if you can't raise that much money in 24 days you really shouldn't have a kubrow yet. They restore 40% DNA integrity with each use so you only need to use them once every 4 days. 

Didn't they change it to 75K? Honestly if you can't raise that much money in 24 days you really shouldn't have a kubrow yet. They restore 40% DNA integrity with each use so you only need to use them once every 4 days. 

You missed like the other 90% of the entire point of this thread

Still, I do not have to maintain my my sentinels.  It is a waste to me until kubrow are better.

Edited by thottt

Similar to the extractors and the login rewards the objective is to make the player return to warframe, "penalties" are fine and so is "no reward", but to have your kubrow gone is another story.

I try to login everyday and currently i have a kubrow in stasis, i'm still leveling up kubrow mods, but i fear for the kubrow loss, especially when i placed forma on it, the fear of me losing the kubrow because i might be on vacation kinda hinders the kubrow concept.

If i'm away 2 weeks and i forget to log in to place the kubrow in stasis then i am ****ed, losing progress is not something i want.

It's not the price of the dna stabilizers that is important, it's the entire concept "you don't give him meds and he is gone forever"

Well then Here Is the other way I look at it.   What if you're computer dies? You can not help it!  You can not predict it!  who knows maybe you have no other way to contact any friends you have on the PC  who could log in for you.   Then what?  All that time it took to get the stupid Egg down the Drain?  I mean heck it took me over well over 300 times of running on earth to get 1  JUST 1 Egg,  That was about 10 hours of my life Just trying to get 1 stupid egg and its all gone because they made it so it can die if you do not log in and you're PC fails.  

Do not get me wrong I love the Idea but it needs something different. Making me try to sign on Every single day to play missions just to keep his health up I do not Accept so long as Stasis takes 3 hours until you can use  you're Pet once out.   The game gets boring fast.  So As I said I do not play it a lot my self and I am sure for many others its like a Calming game that you play for 30 mins to maybe an hour at a time when you feel like it. 

So Yeah, I could and yes they did but I do not play the game that much and you did miss my point of this.   

But to answer, I could very well if I could manage to play more then 30 mins without getting sleepy and bored of the game.   Its a fun game and very awesome indeed but All co op games become boring as heck for me.  HEH I can't stand to play Single player games anymore because they bore me. 

Well then Here Is the other way I look at it.   What if you're computer dies? You can not help it!  You can not predict it!  who knows maybe you have no other way to contact any friends you have on the PC  who could log in for you.   Then what?  All that time it took to get the stupid Egg down the Drain?  I mean heck it took me over well over 300 times of running on earth to get 1  JUST 1 Egg,  That was about 10 hours of my life Just trying to get 1 stupid egg and its all gone because they made it so it can die if you do not log in and you're PC fails.  

Do not get me wrong I love the Idea but it needs something different. Making me try to sign on Every single day to play missions just to keep his health up I do not Accept so long as Stasis takes 3 hours until you can use  you're Pet once out.   The game gets boring fast.  So As I said I do not play it a lot my self and I am sure for many others its like a Calming game that you play for 30 mins to maybe an hour at a time when you feel like it. 

Things like that happen

Youll have to borrow another computer for a few minutes and get your dog into stasis until you can get back

That or get your PC fixed within 2 weeks

Kubrows dont die too terribly fast

Within a weeks time my Kubrow is down to 10-20%  I doupt it would last another week.. Chances of fixing the computer that fast and so on are slim,  Takes like a week or so for more parts to get here unless you have the money and spend like $600 on overnight shipping alone lol

Right when Kubrows were introduced, I started right away to try and make my very own furry companion. He hatched from his egg, and I was satisfied with my Raksa.

Little did I know my computer would break while my first puppy was growing outside of stasis, and by the time I fixed my computer, I was only greeted with a message telling me my dog is dead and an empty incubator.

^ You know what that is? BS. I should be done with Kubrows, but no. I have to get another Raksa to level and freeze away.

Kubrows got so horribly implemented. The upkeep just makes them a pain. I mean charging credits to get rid of them?! I remember a time when you actually gained credits for selling things. So we have a companion that takes damage and doesn't heal on it's own, deteriorates over time, costs credits to upkeep, and on top of all that, has timer walls to deal with.

And you think i'd replace my wonderful wyrm prime with that? No thanks.

kubrows are working wonders in missions once you get few survivability mods for them
even better than sentinels in some cases

but yes your point is relevant
kubrows are bad choice for players that only play once or twice a week and its a shame too giving how much fun they are

maybe if there were other means to restore or upkeep your kubrows health that doesnt necessarily involve credits
(psssst kubrow food drops!!!))

Edited by Twistedsparkle