Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need A Better Trading System

SanguineRose

I would not say we "need" a better trading system, I trade things on a daily basis.  However, I do feel that the trading system now leans to much on the chat system.  Without chat, trading could not work where it stands now.  That being said, saying "Warframe needs an auction house" is a false statement.

Some improvements - yes
Auction hose - hell naw

Put some effort into trading. With auction houses all of the Prime parts and mods would be sold for 1p in no time, since anybody would be able to effortlessly just throw his offer into the auction house and just wait for an inbox message with his plat.

Well you're right Warframe doesn't need an auction house just like it doesn't need a trading system doesn't change the fact that it has a trading system and it is very, very simple. If they want to keep the system then they should make an effort to make it more accessible, as it stands right now it's just functional at best.

Some improvements - yes

Auction hose - hell naw

Put some effort into trading. With auction houses all of the Prime parts and mods would be sold for 1p in no time, since anybody would be able to effortlessly just throw his offer into the auction house and just wait for an inbox message with his plat.

^this^  ^this^  ^this^  ^this^  ^this^  ^this^  ^this^  ^this^  

Auction House would be the most horrible way to go about changing the trading system.  Mods/Parts actually have some value right now, but with an auction house most tradeable items would loose most or all of their value.   I have played enough MMOs to realize that is what always happens. 

we don't need an auction house. Instead we need some sort of market (trade terminal is not market), where we could just put our stuff for plat or for something else

(ex. [Paris Prime grip    <o>     5p] or [Paris Prime Grip    <o>    Braton Prime Stock])

A good model could be the

Market in Firefall

for example, but changed enough to suit our needs

Edited by TMHowler

I would not say we "need" a better trading system, I trade things on a daily basis.  However, I do feel that the trading system now leans to much on the chat system.  Without chat, trading could not work where it stands now.  That being said, saying "Warframe needs an auction house" is a false statement.

Some improvements - yes

Auction hose - hell naw

In order to combat inflation and deflation of prices you need to either have locked base prices, or have smart buyers and sellers.

I, personally, hate having to haggle prices or remember the billion mods that I have in my inventory (can't look through them in the dojo), and a simple auctino system accessible from your ship or dojo would be GROUND-BREAKINGLY GOOD and make things go 1,000% faster. Assuming you can prevent in/deflation of prices.

But hey, maybe I'm just from the small percent of players who type slow and can't trade in chat for the life of me - Yet I should still be able to choose an easier way to sell, even if it is in locked prices.

I am fine with this one, never had any problems with occassional trading. I can see how tradeframers can have some potential issues, but i dont have any ( especially now with 4 trade slots ).

Have you purchased platinum? I'm just wondering, because for those of us who don't want to, trading for plat is necessary in playing this game to it's full potential (can't buy new slots otherwise). If the trading system was simpler, in a semi-auction format, I would have more than 4 plat right now. :\

Have you purchased platinum? I'm just wondering, because for those of us who don't want to, trading for plat is necessary in playing this game to it's full potential (can't buy new slots otherwise). If the trading system was simpler, in a semi-auction format, I would have more than 4 plat right now. :\

I bought one 10 $ pack back in U8, and thats all that i bought. Rest of my Platinum came from trade.

Probably not. Given that the trade chat is a buyer's market as it is and prime parts are actually abundant you would find yourself in much harsher competition to get plat. 

Let me explain it in detail. In order to sell in the current system you need to be online, actively advertise (trade chat or forums), and/or aware. Dependent on the time of day many of those trying to sell the same thing as you are not online. If we were to have an auction house sell prices would plummet. Most prime parts would sell for 1p due to the over abundance of them. Furthermore, because many of them lack demand even at 1p they would not sell. Staple sellers like corrupted mods would see their sell prices plummet too. Even mods like prime chamber would likely see their prices plummet once all the potential sellers become equally visible at the same time. For you the no plat and not buying any player this would make getting plat more difficult than you can even imagine. On top of that plat vlaues would be worth less to buyers of plat and much more to players who never will. While it is easy to let go of 12 plat now to get more weapon slots it might become a much harder decision if you knew it would take you much longer to earn it back.

For DE it would be a bad move too. It would allow farmers and external plat sellers free reign over their market, As it is now you have to actively sell using negotiations. Generally this would be tedious for a farmer/gold seller. If there is an auction house you can simply undercut the other sellers and make your profits on volume. Additionally for DE this can the number of Plat purchases. If items are selling for low play amounts plat buyers would need to buy much less purchase mods. While plat purchases solely for market place items might remain unchanged the plat purchases to get those prime pieces should decrease in amount.

Another caveat to all this is the idea of selling a full set or bundle goes away. The hassle of having to look for each pieces allows sellers who have farmed full sets to sell at a slight or drastically inflated price. For example when I went to buy Loki Prime a few weeks ago I advertised for the full set and I think the opening offer was 180p. I bought each part separately for around 78p. The draw back was it took me hours to get them all vs 1 purchase. With an auction house this have been much easier and likely cheaper.

To break it down to is simplest terms there are many more sellers than buyers. In an auction system you might never see plat at all. 

All this by the way is a plus for anyone who buys plat. The purchasing power of each plat should go up in terms of the trade market. For players who don't expect a much harder time earning plat but easier method of selling items. 

DE has already acknowledged we have a surplus of prime parts. They said months ago they had plans that would allow them some value.

I've post up one of my thoughts here:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/290486-trading-system-upgrade/

short and simple:  It'll invite hacker/botters to tank the market and make some money for themself rather going to DE.  I rather have people advertise their stuff than being lazy.  If your too lazy too sell, you're too lazy to receive.

Edited by Krazzie