Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

{Concept Art Resource} Mod Concept Art Template 14.5

nubnubbud

I looked in the index, and nearly all the mods there had no concept art, which is a shame, because we're all gamers or game developers, and we respond better to images and sound than writing. I'll bet you even looked at the pictures below first!

In response, I decided to make my first post this; a resource for aspiring concept art designers. I took a screenshot, and to the best of my ability, isolated and reproduced the new mod format. Here are my results, free for you to use ^^.

This is a set of basic, blank PNG's meant to be overlaid a screenshot and have a description and costs added. As well, the bulk of the pack is a PSD file, tested and compatible with both Photoshop and Gimp, so no one has a reason not to use it.

basic overlays;

5fc5f532fb.png08fc5cd466.png5092ce591d.png

sample made in Photoshop;

776daa1cff.png

In the psd file; all colors of mod, the four most common polarities, numbers and writing with a pre-selected font for in-game accuracy, a source file, and test image.

Full download

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a9906xiiv2p6nd0/modtemplate.zip

Happy Modmaking!

-Nubnubbud

Edited by nubnubbud

I'd use it, I just need to think of mod ideas.

you'd better not use mine >:0

but yeah, it's true that they have most of the mods you'd need, and enough duplicate stats in most of them to allow us to make borderline broken weapons.

the basic status chance mods are notoriously underpowered, and many pistol mods don't have nice synergy, seeing how the pistols vary too much to really have one mod (cept hornet shot) truly work on all of them. perhaps a few something to alleviate one of those issues?

• 2 weeks later...

I'd totally use them, I just don't know how to get screenshots at dynamic/interesting angles since the camera is fixed.

to get the arrow one, I just set it up, turned off motion blur, and spun the camera really fast, knowing your character doesn't really keep up.