Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe] Beacon - Solar Frame / Male Fire-Frame (10/23: Minor Tweaks)

Morec0

The numbers I provide for his stats (or her stats, I picture the frame as male but it's entirely irrelevant) are completely up to change. To me they look decent, but this is my first time creating stats for a design so they may be HORRIBLY inaccurate - the idea for this frame is a moderately-mobile and armored heavy-damage frame that, though it has high energy, burns through it at an ALARMING rate (due to 3/4 abilities being toggleable) - and so any advice is appreciated.

An important note on his abilities is that he can have ANY NUMBER OF THEM active at once, and none of his abilities have casting animations that interrupt gun/swordplay - they are all seamlessly utilized from the energy nodes in his forehead, chest, arms, and other body parts in a way that allows him to continue attacking in any way he sees fit while casting them.

Any feedback you can give is appreciated, and I hope you enjoy the concept.

---

This is Beacon, the guide, the star-armored.

Wielding the power of heat and light together, he is perfectly equipped to rain destruction.

Beacon's first ability is Irradiate, allowing him to disrupt the anatomical structure of terrain and enemies alike to damage them with radiation.

Sol allows Beacon to conjure miniature stars at a target location which deal damage to all enemies around them while each drains Beacon's energy. Beacon may reuse this ability collapse the star, pulling enemies towards its center and returning some energy to him.

Ionize superheats the air around Beacon, enshrouding him with a sphere of burning energy that damages all enemies around him and protects him and allies within its radius form some harm while also draining energy from Beacon while it is active.

Tenno, rage against the dying of the light. Lightbringer cause a continuous beam of heat to erupt from Beacon's helm, following his gaze and dealing heavy damage to all enemies struck by it - however it rapidly drains Beacon's energy reserves.

You can further enhance Beacon's destructive power through the use of mods.

Range and Strength mods increases the raw potential of all of his abilities, while Duration mods solely benefits Irradiate.

With Beacon the sun will never set - let it burn your enemies to cinders.

---

6OU0Wi4.jpg

Art by Oomatu

Beacon - The Solar Warframe

Health: 100 (150 at Rank 30)

Shield: 100 (220 at Rank 30)

Power: 120 (310 at Rank 30)

Armor: 20

Sprint Speed: 1.05

Stamina: 70

Polarities: Madurai (V) x1, Naramon (Dash) x1

Aura Polarity: None

---

Passives:

+2 bonus energy from Energy Orbs

+5% Radiation Damage Resistance

Slightly faster movement while in light (or nearby Sols)

Irradiate – Beacon damages the atomic structure of an area or a target, irradiating it.  If cast on terrain the terrain will cause the area to have a minor chance to proc the Radiation Status on enemies standing in the area of effect; if cast directly on an enemy it will do instant damage and proc the Radiation Status on that enemy.

Cost: 15 / 13 / 12 / 9

Range: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 meters, 10 / 12 / 14 / 16 meter AoE

Targeted Damage: 25 / 50 / 75 / 100 Radiation

AoE Damage: 15 / 30 / 45 / 60 Radiation per tick

Visual:

1dmWgUu.jpg

Augment - Irradiate Wave - Irradiate now only irradiates the area immediately around Beacon, instantly proc-ing the Radiation Status on all enemies around him.

Sol – Beacon creates a miniature star at the target area, dealing Heat damage to all nearby enemies.  Multiple Sol stars can be active at any time. If Sol is cast again while Beacon is targeting any star will cause it to go supernova, dealing minor Heat damage around it and restoring a little energy to Beacon. Each individual Sol star drains energy from Beacon while active.  

Sols will automatically disappear (without refund) if Beacon moves more than 40 meters away from them.

Initial Cost: 20

Range: 17 / 20 / 23 / 26 meters

Damage (Sol): 20 / 40 / 80 / 160 Heat per tick

Damage (Collapse): 10 / 30 / 50 / 70 Cold

Power Drain: 2 per second per Sol

Supernova Power Return: 20 per Sol

Visual:

suHS2Fc.jpg

Ionize – Beacon super-heats the air around him to enshroud himself in a burning star.  Any enemies that come too close will be dealt Heat damage, and attacks made against him or allies within its AoE will deal less damage.  Remains active until canceled and drains energy from Beacon while active.

Initial Cost: 20

Range: 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 meters

Damage: 30 / 60 / 90 / 120 per tick

Damage Reduction: 20% / 30% / 40% / 50%

Power Drain: 3 / 3 / 3 / 2 per second

Visual:

JR3NNxq.jpg

Augment - Shooting Star - Activating Ionize again will cause Beacon to throw it forward, dealing damage to all enemies in a straight line while Sol gets smaller the farther it travels until it dissipates entirely.

Range: Size decreases by 1 meter for every 3 / 5 / 7 / 9 meters of travel

Lightbringer – The focusing lens in Beacon’s forehead blasts for a beam of heat and light that follows his targeting reticle (ability locks camera and Warframe movement, similar to Chroma's Spectral Scream but without the mobility restrictions), damaging all enemies it strikes for Heat with a high chance to proc the Heat status effect.  Remains active until canceled and drains energy from Beacon while active.

Initial Cost: 50

Range: 15 / 18 / 21 / 25 meters

Damage: 80 / 110 / 140 / 170 Heat

Power Drain: 4 / 3 / 3 / 2 per second

Punchthrough: 1

Visual:

5vywTPY.jpg

---

Alt Helm: Apollo

The flat faceguard of the head is removed, replaced instead of with a rounded rise that curves around the whole of the head and is lined with tiny spots of energy.  The Vergina Sun design is also removed, replaced by a flat Delphian Epsilon design (a cross with to u’s turned sideways and pointing out) that is raised from the face with the energy eye situated at the center of the cross and smaller nodes at the end of every line.

---

Description:
Rediscovered and reclaimed, Beacon unleashes the power of the stars upon the foes of the Tenno through continuous damage.

Fan Fiction Mode:
Though designed to exactly replicate the powers of the Conflagration’s frame, no Beacon has ever been able to unleash the pure raw power that he brought down against his foes during and after the Old War.

Thoughts?

Edited by Morec0

I got really excited when you mentioned the concept of a frame with multiple toggles. However I don't love these particular toggle ideas....

I was thinking more of interesting auras that interact with eachother in cool ways, and maybe a quick cast power which is weak, but does something impressive when used with the toggle auras.

food for thought tho, good idea abt the multi toggles and high energy.

I do like the notion of entertaining a Frame based off of Radiation damage; it would merely follow the suit and pattern proposed earlier: we have a water frame (Hydroid), light frame (Mirage), Fire frame (Ember), ice frame (Frost (Isn't ice water? (Shut up))), and others.

Hopefully something to think about for the future.

Realized an important specification on his abilities that I failed to make clear - as many of them that can be active at any time as you have energy for, and movement/attack-interrupting animations (i.e. the dance-casting of Radial Disarm on Loki) are non-existance; Beacon is fully capable of utilizing his abilities while on the move.

I do like the notion of entertaining a Frame based off of Radiation damage; it would merely follow the suit and pattern proposed earlier: we have a water frame (Hydroid), light frame (Mirage), Fire frame (Ember), ice frame (Frost (Isn't ice water? (Shut up))), and others.

Hopefully something to think about for the future.

Fun fact: the first iteration of this idea (which is still floating around the board somewhere) was named Prism... after the name and theme were stolen by Mirage I had to give him a complete overhaul - going away from the more elegant theme of light that Mirage currently has and going for a more brutal theme based around solar radiation (with a failed attempt at convey a knight-esq design for the Warframe).

I got really excited when you mentioned the concept of a frame with multiple toggles. However I don't love these particular toggle ideas....

I was thinking more of interesting auras that interact with eachother in cool ways, and maybe a quick cast power which is weak, but does something impressive when used with the toggle auras.

food for thought tho, good idea abt the multi toggles and high energy.

abt? Don't know what that is.

That's food for thought, though. Reminds me something of Sona from League of Legends... The only other Warframe I've got in mind is a prison-themed frame (something like Thresh from League of Legends) but I'll take that into consideration.

abt? Don't know what that is.

That's food for thought, though. Reminds me something of Sona from League of Legends... The only other Warframe I've got in mind is a prison-themed frame (something like Thresh from League of Legends) but I'll take that into consideration.

abt= about

I don't play LoL but I'll look Sona up.

Anyway, cool base concept, cool theme.

abt= about

I don't play LoL but I'll look Sona up.

Anyway, cool base concept, cool theme.

Her auras don't stack and alter each other like your idea suggested, but the idea of abilities that created passive auras around the frame reminded me of her.

Actually what many people dont seem to know is that oberon and nova both deal radiation damage

Fire-Ember

Magnetic-Vauban/mag

Radiation-Nova/Oberon

Water/Ice-Hydroid/Frost

Electricity-Volt

Poison-Saryn

sooo what do we miss atm? we miss corrosive, viral, gas and blast damage

Actually what many people dont seem to know is that oberon and nova both deal radiation damage

Fire-Ember

Magnetic-Vauban/mag

Radiation-Nova/Oberon

Water/Ice-Hydroid/Frost

Electricity-Volt

Poison-Saryn

sooo what do we miss atm? we miss corrosive, viral, gas and blast damage

Hmmm, was actually unaware that Nova did radiation damage, and (though I'm likely mistaken) as I understand it Oberon's abilities aren't exactly all that powerful for Radiation. Either way, neither of them have even decent proc chances (from my experience) and this character fills that gap - as well as being a far more active caster that either of them are.

For me, frame design isn't so much about "what he does" as "how he does it" - hence why there are also cold and heat damaging effects in there.

You could possibly have his procs be blast.

Usually get blasted with light in some shows or movies involves someone get blasted..like how the enemies get.

Perhaps you've seen different movies than I, but from what I recall whenever something like that happens it's in response to an explosion - an explosion that has actual weight and force behind it. While a smidge of that may be applicable to Beacon's abilities, I think overall Radiation/Heat is a better fit (though I may reconsider to make it just heat... though that may demand a chance of first ability...)

• 9 months later...

It sure did. The artwork helps too, very orokin.

Aye. Oomatu did a great job with taking my relatively unimpressive physical description and giving it a life of its own. I especially like the Semi-Incan Crown shape of the helmet.

So much yes!!!

What of a passive?

Since a caster (heavy focus) based WF

Internal combustion - passively gain x energy per second akin to that of ES

Or

Reactive energy - gain energy back based on damage output of abilites > 1-3%

So much yes!!!

What of a passive?

Since a caster (heavy focus) based WF

Internal combustion - passively gain x energy per second akin to that of ES

Or

Reactive energy - gain energy back based on damage output of abilites > 1-3%

Eh, I try not to think about Passives since they aren't really widespread yet, but if I had to add one it would be a simple "Energy Orbs grant an additional +5 energy". Works towards what it's meant to do, isn't horribly overpowered (and doesn't conflict with Energy Siphon).

• 2 months later...

Well, this is epic.

I have no criticism at this time. Upvoting. (Also plugged/linked Beacon in another topic. Someone said, basically, can we have male Novas?)

Good job, Morec0 and Oomatu.

Very glad you like it, if you ever can think of anything that seems wrong with this feel free to say.