Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radial Blind Got Nerfed? [Now Megathread]

RageFlakez

Excalibur's only useful late-game power has now been nerfed.  

For those of you that haven't noticed yet, radial blind no longer affects enemies behind cover or that are out of line-of-sight even if they're still in range.

----

EDIT BY EINDE : PSA - EXCALIBUR'S NERF.

As some of you may have stated, some changes occured on Excalibur's Radial Blind, causing a hekload of rumours about stealth nerfing... Keep in mind : THESE ARE RUMORS ! That change is very likely to be unintended (very common), or the information was just forgot to be mentionned in the patch note (very rare). In both case, you have to report it to the staff, assume this as a bug until further information from the developpement team.

Some of you may remember the times where Mag's Pull was unable to pull anymore, and a bunch of you though it was a nerf, but it was just a nasty bug. Let's not repeat the same error.

---> IF IT IS NOT IN THE PATCHNOTE, IT'S A BUG AND SHOULD BE REPORTED, UNLESS DEVS SAYS OTHERWISE.

So don't loose your mind here or go full paranoid. At least discuss on the megathread and wait for a staff member's answer.

Thanks for your attention.

- Einde

EDIT2 :

This issue with Excalibur's Radial Blind has been reported to Dev.

It's possible that this is just a bug, but hang tight as we investigate! 

Thank you.

Edited by Einde
Added Megan's answer.

It was too good and everyone knows it.  And oh no, the ability makes sense now?  What are the Tenno going to do now!?

give the few dedicated users of Excal no not many realized it was too good. I can understand the change but given the crappy skills we have on Excal our one shining good skill being nerfed seems a little pointless without a buff to match.

It was too good and everyone knows it.  And oh no, the ability makes sense now?  What are the Tenno going to do now!?

Stop your complaining. Are you the one with 5 forma on your Excalibur? I am. I still use him quite often and I don't give two S#&$s if that got nerfed cuz It still works how it was intended to be used in the first place.

Just saying, it's a game about space ninjas.  If you want realism, you're gonna have to go somewhere else.  And now the Tenno aren't going to enjoy 4x melee dmg in T4s, that's what they'll do.  

Only 1 forma, and I did it about an hour before this update, gotta love that goes.

give the few dedicated users of Excal no not many realized it was too good. I can understand the change but given the crappy skills we have on Excal our one shining good skill being nerfed seems a little pointless without a buff to match.

^ agreed

excalibur was very very lackluster....and his abilities could not keep up with any of the other warframes other than radial blind

dont get me wrong...the ability still works....it just sucks that they all have to be in line of sight

knowing all of warframes glitchy and bugginess....i wouldnt be surprised if mobs that are standing directly in front of another will not get affect because the mob was "blocking" the line of sight

Edited by sekushiiandee

That's gamer logic for you.  "If you nerf something, you have to buff something too!"

That is not the way it works.

I main Excal and I forma'd all of his ability slots. What's Radial Blind again?

Good lord you sure do love letting everyone know every chance you get you don't use skills.

We know.

You do that almost as much as me letting people know I hate Valkyr, Rhino, Loki, and Nova.

Almost.

It was good because his other skills are crap. And what about rhino stomp ? Shouldn't it be nerfed a bit too ? I mean rhino has iron skin, roar and stomp all with great benefits to him. And masterrace loki ? with radial blind ? not to mention perma invisibility ? aaaand nyx with chaos and absorb to save her &#! ? I could continiue this for a long time.

Nerfing Excal only good utility skill was an overkill !

Haha Radial Blind gets nerfed but Iron Skin and Molecular Prime and Hysteria are fine.

Oh JESUS CHRIST.

^ hysteria is perfectly fine the way it is....being restricted to only melee is a huge disadvantage for many many players, not to mention the low damage that is accompanied with it (thinking in terms of late end game where this damage will mean nothing)

MP is fine the way it is....i have to qualms about MP because its a team buff and its a coop game

iron skin is also fine because it melts in seconds on late end game

That's some serious cracking of the only trully viable Excalibur build DE slammed on us out of the blue. It won't make many people happy (including myself).

So long, my good friend Cal! Go to the back of the closet to gather dust with Nova...

Seriously, more hate on the least loved frame (and your poster-boy). Shame on you, DE!

That's gamer logic for you.  "If you nerf something, you have to buff something too!"

No my logic is if you have many bad skills and one good skill why not when you,"balance", the good skill you balance the others as well.

Has more to do with QoL than anything else. Balance philosophy has been in many cases if something shines snuff it out. Many developers have started to realize if something shines too brightly dim it a bit and illuminate what isn't shining.

My,"gamer logic", is really just plain logic. Drop the hatchet and use a scalpel. 

^ hysteria is perfectly fine the way it is....being restricted to only melee is a huge disadvantage for many many players, not to mention the low damage that is accompanied with it (thinking in terms of late end game where this damage will mean nothing)

MP is fine the way it is....i have to qualms about MP because its a team buff and its a coop game

iron skin is also fine because it melts in seconds on late end game

Being immortal for an entire mission is not "perfectly fine".

Moved to a proper section.

Let's keep this civil and not lash out at DE for this. Give constructive criticism, not rage.

thanks, didn't realize I was in the wrong section (I don't use forums that often).  I also edited the original post to see less angry with DE and more just annoyed that an already weak frame got nerfed.

^ i dont think thats what he meant

if you take a look at excaliber as a whole....he is extremely lackluster....and nerfing a useful ability will deter many players from want to play this frame....super jump has very little use if the player knows how to wall run and use rush mod....slash dash does little damage....radial jav does little damage as well as takes forever to cast or get out of the animation

radial blind was fine the way it was....it functioned as a team buff and increased melee damage for those very few players who like to use melee damage

sorry but the logic of nerfing something and buffing something definitely applies in this situation.....there is no balance when nerfing excaliber