Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Source Of Performance Drop

ntyd1s

Just noticed a huge performance drop (up to -30% framerate) from looking at many of these glossy railings at the same time. Something wrong with the shader draw loop optimization?

Sample shots from my observation:

*Looking directly at many railings 44fps:

2ufEgd6.jpg

*Same spot looking away 58fps:

XphROC3.jpg

Okay... O_O!

230fps

1mVjSYM.jpg

I guess the Local Reflection might have taken some more processing power than before. Didn't remember getting such choppy framerate here since recently. Some of the surface materials are shared with the Void Tower right? I still see minor changes applied to them from time to time.

Edited by ntyd1s

Hmmm, can you turn of "Local Reflections" in settings and let me know if you see same FPS drop? This is the 'old' dojo tile set and I'm not sure what optimizations will be made in this regard but I will ask.

Local reflections have been causing a major issue with fps since update 14.6.0, personally it made me go from 60 fps to 20 and below, and I had no such issue with it before the update this week

so after some testing with dx9 dx10 and local reflections dx9 local reflectons on 30 to 20 fps LR off 60 to 40 fps dx10 lacal reflctions on 20 to 10 fps LR off 60 to 50 fps idk what happend i was running dx9 local reflectons on 60 to 45 fps in ud14.0 now i cant run LR so guess il just run dx10 LR off 

and dx10 fix my xp bar at top of esc mic menu was blank now i have the blue bar 

Edited by XGamer102

It's just that 14.6 made it horrible even in DX11 mode. Some parts on the liset(Yes, THE LISET) made me drop below 30....and generally it runs in there with 150+.

That's not the fault of weak hardware...if my FPS after a patch goes from 150 to 30 then I would either expect that this game suddenly looks like Far Cry 4 or that you messed up somewhere.

Edited by Shehriazad

It's just that 14.6 made it horrible even in DX11 mode. Some parts on the liset(Yes, THE LISET) made me drop below 30....and generally it runs in there with 150+.

That's not the fault of weak hardware...if my FPS after a patch goes from 150 to 30 then I would either expect that this game suddenly looks like Far Cry 4 or that you messed up somewhere.

i have been playing this game for a year and i've watched my performance go up and down but now i have to say its down :(

Tbh you could be like me I've had fps drops since u14 =/. I used to be able to play with at least some affects on but now I Have to turn them all off. Granted my laptop is old which is why I reduced the effects in the first place so i could get 30fps. But after u14 I had to turn it all off just to get that. S#&$ty deals.