Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fireteam- Series Finale- Steel Meridian

Doozy84

Eh, looks like a lever-action to me. It also references the Mare's Laig (Marelok), which brings us back to Steven McQueen and all that. Which is cool and all, but it's still a lever action pistol and that makes no sense in a sidearm. Unless it's a .45-70, which still makes it stupid, but a more entertaining grade of stupid.

Then there's the guy (and you know who you are) standing around with beer in hand staring at a Bridgeport in his garage thinking, "Hey, I could make a .50 BMG upper that goes on a 1911 frame." Only in America.

And, yeah, it's been done.

Eh, looks like a lever-action to me. It also references the Mare's Laig (Marelok), which brings us back to Steven McQueen and all that. Which is cool and all, but it's still a lever action pistol and that makes no sense in a sidearm. Unless it's a .45-70, which still makes it stupid, but a more entertaining grade of stupid.

Then there's the guy (and you know who you are) standing around with beer in hand staring at a Bridgeport in his garage thinking, "Hey, I could make a .50 BMG upper that goes on a 1911 frame." Only in America.

And, yeah, it's been done.

well it is definitely a lever action, and it is a mare's leg, hog leg, whatever you want to call it...

The most recent example of which in history is an Obrez. Personally I'm a huge fan of cut down guns because they're very popular in criminal history. Bonnie and Clyde were infamous for chopping and sawing and their signature weapon was a cut down BAR.

The chop shop gun timeline really goes

Mare's Leg cut down from either a henry rifle or an 1887 lever shotgun (as made famous by Mcqueen, Terminator, and later Firefly, where it was called a Hog Leg)

Bonnie and Clyde's "whippet guns" in the 30s, they chopped and sawed everything they got their hands on.

The Obrez, sawed down from a Nagant.

And then after that you probably have a lot of stuff like PDWs and carbine length rifles and little baby Khyber pass AKs, that follow the formula in spirit if not in process because they fire a short assault rifle round instead of levering a full size rifle bullet or shotgun shell.

I just find her abilities impractical.

Her 1 takes ages to charge up for the damage it does, and forces you into running a high dph weapon

Her 2 looks good on paper, but there are far better damage buffs that last far longer.

Shatter shield is great, it makes her nigh on unkillable, probably her best ability as of now.

And her ulti doesn't feel overly powerful as of now, and I feel as if the player interaction is unnecessary. Press 4, mash lmb and aimbot all the things

Give her the ability to move while it is active, along with some fancy dodge/roll animations and change the energu drain to per shot, and you'd have yourself a pretty damn good frame.

When I looked at her ability loadout I thought the same thing, I looked at shatter shield and said, "Oh boy, is Overheat Ember back from the grave?" Its definitely her best skill. Probably going to build around that when we see the maximization data on the wiki.

I don't think her buff spell is useless, I actually quite like it. Its nowhere near as good as Rhino buff or Trin, Oberon, or Banshee stacking spells with a Flow and an energy siphon, but its nice to see that she actually has something to give to the team. Too many of the DPS frames in the game are action heroes that don't play well with others and need to work on their social skills. Pretty much every frame in the game has a redheaded stepchild ability that they never use because its hopelessly outclassed by a more powerful spell that becomes spammable with enough modding and maximizing, so rather than have one mediocre damage ability or quasi-useful utility spell I think its nice to have something to actually bring to the team. There's too many Rhino and Nova heroes running around anyway, its nice to have something to bring to the party.

I do agree that her bullet-charger is mediocre though. While I was doing early levels I was using it often but now if I use it at all I just leave it on because its a toggle and then just cash it out on an ancient or a heavy gunner to have an on-command one shot drop. Its definitely not worth micro managing to constantly rotate. I'd rather just leave it sitting and pop it on a fat mob rather than worry about keeping it rolling.

I actually like having to pull the trigger myself on the ulti, even though it isn't strictly necessary. Keeps you involved, if only barely. My problem with it is that the activation and animation isn't smooth, she has Ash problems with her ulti.

I do think her ulti is about what you should see in Warframe though- This game has had a serious identity crisis when it came to designing number 4 powers.

The first power ulti was World on Fire, and I still think DE is kicking themselves in the &#! over letting Ember be able to walk around with a murder bubble on her, even though there were certain times in the game where World on Fire was easily outclassed because of damage 1.0 and wonky mechanics. But what has always made World on Fire an incredibly useful ulti has always been mobility, and I think there's a very good reason we never saw anything like that ever again.

Then you had the 'kill button' ultis like Miasma, Crush, Overload, and Reckoning, where you just have one button room clearance, and those are all lazy and I think they made us as players lazy.

Then you get variants on kill button ultis, like Tentacle Swarm and Blade Storm, which functionally annihilate a whole room, but they do it in a more abstract and longer way, that looks cooler but takes longer and allows you to turn from your keyboard to go make a sandwich.

Which brings us to the worst power in the game- Molecular Roflstomp Popcorn. Warframe would be a lot more interesting if DE just deleted every Nova in the game and gave all the Nova owners 300 plat as an apology. MP is the biggest, most tragic fun-proofing button in the game and it just does way too much. Put a Nova behind a Bastille or a Snow Globe and you can skate to wave 40 with a Lato.

That's why I actually like Mesa's ulti, because I think its about where ultis should be- You actually have to position yourself, you aren't invincible during it, you're static, and you actually have to click the mouse button to kill people. There's nothing in this game lazier than faceroll ulti builds, its half the reason I stopped using energy siphon on my Saryn, because 25 energy efficiency build Miasma spam is a joke and I don't need a bigger excuse to hammer that 4 key and funproof the game.

When I looked at her ability loadout I thought the same thing, I looked at shatter shield and said, "Oh boy, is Overheat Ember back from the grave?" Its definitely her best skill. Probably going to build around that when we see the maximization data on the wiki.

I don't think her buff spell is useless, I actually quite like it. Its nowhere near as good as Rhino buff or Trin, Oberon, or Banshee stacking spells with a Flow and an energy siphon, but its nice to see that she actually has something to give to the team. Too many of the DPS frames in the game are action heroes that don't play well with others and need to work on their social skills. Pretty much every frame in the game has a redheaded stepchild ability that they never use because its hopelessly outclassed by a more powerful spell that becomes spammable with enough modding and maximizing, so rather than have one mediocre damage ability or quasi-useful utility spell I think its nice to have something to actually bring to the team. There's too many Rhino and Nova heroes running around anyway, its nice to have something to bring to the party.

I do agree that her bullet-charger is mediocre though. While I was doing early levels I was using it often but now if I use it at all I just leave it on because its a toggle and then just cash it out on an ancient or a heavy gunner to have an on-command one shot drop. Its definitely not worth micro managing to constantly rotate. I'd rather just leave it sitting and pop it on a fat mob rather than worry about keeping it rolling.

I actually like having to pull the trigger myself on the ulti, even though it isn't strictly necessary. Keeps you involved, if only barely. My problem with it is that the activation and animation isn't smooth, she has Ash problems with her ulti.

I do think her ulti is about what you should see in Warframe though- This game has had a serious identity crisis when it came to designing number 4 powers.

The first power ulti was World on Fire, and I still think DE is kicking themselves in the @$$ over letting Ember be able to walk around with a murder bubble on her, even though there were certain times in the game where World on Fire was easily outclassed because of damage 1.0 and wonky mechanics. But what has always made World on Fire an incredibly useful ulti has always been mobility, and I think there's a very good reason we never saw anything like that ever again.

Then you had the 'kill button' ultis like Miasma, Crush, Overload, and Reckoning, where you just have one button room clearance, and those are all lazy and I think they made us as players lazy.

Then you get variants on kill button ultis, like Tentacle Swarm and Blade Storm, which functionally annihilate a whole room, but they do it in a more abstract and longer way, that looks cooler but takes longer and allows you to turn from your keyboard to go make a sandwich.

Which brings us to the worst power in the game- Molecular Roflstomp Popcorn. Warframe would be a lot more interesting if DE just deleted every Nova in the game and gave all the Nova owners 300 plat as an apology. MP is the biggest, most tragic fun-proofing button in the game and it just does way too much. Put a Nova behind a Bastille or a Snow Globe and you can skate to wave 40 with a Lato.

That's why I actually like Mesa's ulti, because I think its about where ultis should be- You actually have to position yourself, you aren't invincible during it, you're static, and you actually have to click the mouse button to kill people. There's nothing in this game lazier than faceroll ulti builds, its half the reason I stopped using energy siphon on my Saryn, because 25 energy efficiency build Miasma spam is a joke and I don't need a bigger excuse to hammer that 4 key and funproof the game.

Her first skill just needs something more IMO. I was thinking along the lines of instant free reload when you pop it at 100%

That way you can dump a full clip, hit 1, and then keep firing. It would improve her sustained DPS and would help the skill feel a little more useful, since at the moment, I find little reason to pop her 1 beyond a hallway full of enemies that I can instagib with my Tigris.

I actually managed to glitch Peacemaker last night, it was allowing me to run around with the guns and no energy drain. Even then it didn't feel overly powerful. Personally I'd prefer if it was a toggled power with an energy cost per shot and still giving you the ability to move.

Either that or a faster cast animation.

I'll still need to forma her a couple of times before I really know, but as of now she feels like a bulkier mirage with less damage

Her first skill just needs something more IMO. I was thinking along the lines of instant free reload when you pop it at 100%

That way you can dump a full clip, hit 1, and then keep firing. It would improve her sustained DPS and would help the skill feel a little more useful, since at the moment, I find little reason to pop her 1 beyond a hallway full of enemies that I can instagib with my Tigris.

I actually managed to glitch Peacemaker last night, it was allowing me to run around with the guns and no energy drain. Even then it didn't feel overly powerful. Personally I'd prefer if it was a toggled power with an energy cost per shot and still giving you the ability to move.

Either that or a faster cast animation.

I'll still need to forma her a couple of times before I really know, but as of now she feels like a bulkier mirage with less damage

I'm still trying to figure out how the hell peacemaker actually works mechanically.

Does it buff your secondary and pull the stats off of that? Or your primary? Because I can see Peacemaker scaling well if it just magnifies your existing gun if you just feed it a forma'd potato monster weapon. The ability description just lists "200% damage" at max level... 200% of what?

I want to try it with one of the dual autos and see if you can just hold down LMB for aimbot bullet hose, that would be hilarious.

Her 4 does not scale off weapon. It scales from a base damage and that it. I've hit a wall around 4k-5k damage on a crit.

He number 1 provides a huge boost for boss hunting ect. I run Akvastos as a secondary Opticore primary. Even if it's 10%, 20% or 30%. That on top of 10k damage is a hell of a lot of base damage. Have a nova or banshee in your team you in for a good time. Also works with peacemaker.

Her 2, good for the stun against infested and the extra damage, combine with 1 for even more.

Number 3. Not bad. Makes her surprising tanky. For those times you make a mistake.

Combine the above for a large bust dps against targets in a Vauban vortex or some other fun ways of making everything die instantly.

Fireteam will update at some point this weekend, probably sunday.

Also, I have been working on DOOZY LORE, which will come out shortly after fireteam. As requested before in this thread, I am going through the wiki and writing full profiles and histories for the weapons of warframe, which will get its own thread in the fan art section... Or should I move this party to the roleplay section? I dunno... Worry about that when we get there.

Its currently 8 pages long and we're still only in Grineer ranged weapons. That's a lot of lore!

Cowgirl-1.jpg

Let’s stop in here for a minute to use the restroom, I meant to go in the last place but the line was- Oh, hello there.

Howdy.

You must be the new frame. I’m Saryn.

I’ve never been in this thread before!

Calm down dear, we’re not staying... It’s a little dark in this thread. Cannibalism and murder dark. Not a place you want to hang around after dark.

I reckon I take exception to that.

The story dear, not you and the bar. You’re just incidental... I’m sorry, that sounded crass. Let’s start over, I’m Saryn, your name is?

Mesa. Pleased to meet you.

She’s the new cowgirl frame!

Much obliged, and you are...

Mag!

Well Mag, what brings you two around my neck of the woods-

There sure a lot of girls in here.

We could always use more.

Ah, no wonder I’ve never been in here. Its that kind of bar. So Mesa, we’ve skipped a lot of the other new frames since Doozy stopped doing OOF, so let’s catch up. Who’s your favorite coworker?

That’s easy. Hydroid.

Hydroid?

The tentacle guy?

Of course. He’s a pirate frame, I’m a cowgirl frame- We’re natural allies, pirates and cowpokes. We like all the same things- Guns, booze, loose women. Which reminds me, what’s your poison, little lady?

Oh, we’re just coming through on the way to use the bathroom, I don’t think we’re staying, are we Saryn?

No, I insist. Let me treat you. Bartender, 2 gin and tonics.

That’s awfully nice of you...

I would have imagined a cowgirl would drink whisky.

I would have imagined all Saryns were fetish queens, but we don’t all have to revert to type now, do we?

Well I actually am a- You know what, I see your point. So. Here we are... And my friend hasn’t figured out yet that-

She will.

That’s why you’re buying her a drink.

I’m wounded that you would assume my intentions like that.

She has a boyfriend.

I’m back! Thanks for the drink!

So you gals ever think you’re goin with boys just because you’re supposed to? Like you’re being driven along in a cattle drive?

Absolutely not.

I never really thought about it. What do you mean?

Would you be here if you weren’t... Curious?

Mesa, it was lovely meeting you, but we really should be going.

Curious about what?

You ever look at a cactus flower on the prairie, and think, “gosh, that looks darn pretty?” Like you want to touch it, feel how soft it is, but you’re afraid of the needles, of what people might say, might try to warn you?

Well, cactus flowers are very pretty.

There doesn’t have to be needles. I wouldn’t prick you.

That’s actually quite clever.

Saryn, what’s she talking about?

She’s hitting on you, Mag.

WHAT?

Guilty.

BUT-BUT-I’M-I’M-NOT-LIKE-THAT. I mean I never- Well I never tried, but I never, I HAVE A BOYFRIEND.

Honey, a lot of us have had boyfriends. They’re pricks. Goes with the cactus analogy.

I like how you tied that in there.

Much obliged.

SARYN DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS?

It’s a girl bar, dear.

Well there’s a lot of girls in it-

That’s not what that means.

This little filly ain’t particularly trail-bred is she?

I DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BY THAT.

She’s saying you’re naive.

Well, you ain’t really ridden a horse til you’ve fallen off of it at least once. But like I said, I wouldn’t prick you, darlin.

Why aren’t you hitting on her? She’s the freaky one!

Hey!

She ain’t particularly my type. No offense.

It’s perfectly fine, dear.

Can we leave now?

Don’t you want to finish your drink?

Not really.

Fine. Well Mesa, it was lovely meeting you... I’d say come by the apartment sometime, but Doozy doesn’t write Out of Frame anymore so who knows when that will happen.

Alright, I’m walking out the door!

Oh, don’t take it like that. You should be flattered. You’re a very attractive woman.

Are you one too-

Mag, giving another girl a compliment does not mean-

And I’m drinking alone again. Tarnation. Ain’t there supposed to be a Fireteam post here anyway?

Not till Sunday, Mesa.

Fireteam will update at some point this weekend, probably sunday.

Also, I have been working on DOOZY LORE, which will come out shortly after fireteam. As requested before in this thread, I am going through the wiki and writing full profiles and histories for the weapons of warframe, which will get its own thread in the fan art section... Or should I move this party to the roleplay section? I dunno... Worry about that when we get there.

Its currently 8 pages long and we're still only in Grineer ranged weapons. That's a lot of lore!

Excitement intensified. Pretty late to the party with the chocolate, wonder if the Corpus has a large shipment of it since they might have the tech to produce synthetic chocolate. 

“She’s gotta be down this hole. Not even a tenno can move that fast.” Deeve said.

“You sure, sir?” Dedam asked.

“Of course I’m not sure, if anyone would have known, it’d be Demeg, with all her bullS#&$ clandestine fact checking. Everytime you think a tenno can’t do something another one wakes up to prove you wrong.  There’s probably a @(*()$ octopus tenno or a  cowboy tenno or some crap like that.” Deeve spat.

“So what are we gonna do?” Derew asked.

“We smoke her &#! out.” Deeve spat. “Prime a latcher.”

Derew pulled one of the remote rolling bombs off his bandolier. “Was beginning to think you’d never ask.”

“I was holding out hope that Demeg was still alive and I didn’t want to risk hitting her. But if she wasn’t dead then, she has to be now, and if I’m wrong, getting stuck with a latcher is the least of her problems.” Deeve said.

“Could be worse. She could live through this long enough for some idiot to overdose her with a medkit.” Derew narrowed his eyes at Dedam.

“It was an honest mistake.” Dedam said.

“Your mistake killed her.” Deeve snapped at him. “Now get that grakata ready, the second we hear that latcher explode, I want you to run in after it and magdump the first thing that moves.”

“What about you?” Dedam asked.

“I’m gonna be right behind you, and so is Derew. I don’t care if its dead or alive after the latcher hits it, we’re going to give that monster a lead enema.” Deeve explained.

“You sure about this?” Dedam asked.

“You want to know what I’m sure about? Derew- If S#&$ goes south and we get greased by that freak, I want you to put two in my skull with your kraken. That’s an order, I don’t want to live long enough to find out what melting into a puddle of clone goo feels like. Once I’ve died in a dignified way, you’re in command, and you can frag Dedam at your leisure.” Deeve said, darkly serious.

“Alright, F*** it. Let’s do it.” Dedam grimaced.

“Oohrah.” Derew said, pulled his remote goggles over his eyes, and ripped the safety tab out of the latcher.

None of them breathed. The only thing they heard were their own heartbeats and the hollow echo of the latcher rolling down the dark tunnel.

---

Demeg heard the hollow sound of a muffled explosion somewhere down the tunnel, and knew it was a seeker munition.

“Thy comrades hath given up hope for thy survival.” The slithering tenno said.

“How do you know that?” Demeg asked.

“They art no longer afraid of wounding you with shrapnel from the rolling bombs.” The tenno concluded.

“That’s reassuring.” Demeg said.

“Reassuring?” The tenno slithered.

“We all assumed you’d torture me to death. I’m just waiting for you to do it.” Demeg said.

“I don’t have to. Thy imagination has tortured thee for me. What couldst I do that is worse than thy fears?” The tenno slithered, and Demeg knew she was smiling under her bony helmet.

“You instead of thee.” Demeg corrected. “Why aren’t we dead? Why didn’t the latcher find us?”

“The tiny bomb’s AI cannot distinguish between myself and my slipped skin. I hath molted a doppleganger to draw out his toys. Verily, I will slay them when he hath exhausted his limited supply.” The slithering tenno explained. “It is their last and only threat.”

“Why am I still here?” Demeg asked.

“To make them foolish enough to hope.” She slithered.

“You said they gave up hope.” Demeg replied.

“Hope dies a slow death.” The tenno slithered ominously.

---

“We go in now?” Dedam asked.

“No. Derew, you get anything?” Deeve asked.

“It latched and detonated on something organic, sarge. On what I can’t say. Background radiation from being this close to the engine clusters down here in the &#! end of the ship has confused the IR visual. I can’t see S#&$ in my goggles, I have to trust the auto-pilot.” Derew explained.

“Well if you hit something once then hit it again. Tyl Regor can do his research on this freak with whatever a salvage crew can scrape off the walls for all I care. Prime another one.” Deeve ordered.

“Yessir.” Derew drew his goggles back down.

“Dedam, defensive position. If that tenno isn’t blood confetti by the time we run out of latchers, I expect it to come looking for us. Shoot the first thing that looks funnier than you.” Deeve ordered.

Derew ripped the safety tab and tossed another latcher.

They waited for the hollow explosion in the dark.

Tigris + Redeemer for double shotgun goodness.

Her ult could do with a couple of tweaks though, it just feels a tad unpolished at the moment

This is a sweet combo, if you expend all the shells from the Tigris and hold melee to fire with the Redeemer shotgun you will reload your Tigris as you are using the Redeemer. It's like you (exitement inbound, caps lock is now active) NEVER HAVE TO STOP SHOOTING! It's pretty great. I seriously suggest everyone try this if you can.

Also I'm hurt at the Arbiter hate, all we want to do is be the best we can be. ;~; Also akbolto, pretty nifty, pretty pretty, pretty deadly.

But regardless I was working Steel Meridian before they got that marelok, I just want to return my Hek to the "pedestal of oomph".

Edit: For clarity and spelling... The OCD demands real words and comprehension.

Edited by Vorsches

This is a sweet combo, if you expend all the shells from the Tigris and hold melee to fire with the Redeemer shotgun you will reload as you are using the Redeemer. It's like you NEVER UAVE TO STOP SHOOTING! It's pretty great. I seriously suggest everyone try this if you can.

Also I'm hurt at the Arbiter hate, all we want to do is be the best we can be. ;~; Also akbolto, pretty nifty, pretty pretty, pretty deadly.

But regardless I was working Steel Meridian before they got that marelok, I just want to return my Hek to the "pedestal of oomph".

Least you got a bolto for the syndicate you're working for. Meanwhile Perrin gets a cestra... o corpus why the lack of badass secondaries? 

Least you got a bolto for the syndicate you're working for. Meanwhile Perrin gets a cestra... o corpus why the lack of badass secondaries?

I actually enjoy the dual cestra so I'm a bit jealous, but I'm far more jealous of those Perrin Sequence cap keys, I'll trade Arbiter T4 Survivals for Perrin T4 Caps any day of the week. If I weren't interested in Arbiter lore I'd be money grubbing with the pseudo-corpus good guys we all love/hate.

I actually enjoy the dual cestra so I'm a bit jealous, but I'm far more jealous of those Perrin Sequence cap keys, I'll trade Arbiter T4 Survivals for Perrin T4 Caps any day of the week. If I weren't interested in Arbiter lore I'd be money grubbing with the pseudo-corpus good guys we all love/hate.

That I will agree with you, t4 cap is alot more desirable for me. I join the Perrin purely cause I like Corpus. Cestra though aren't my thing, just wish they had a heavy pistol for once, like a lex or a marelok. 

POWER!!!

Also a question for the Rhino if he wants to answer although this might not be the thread for it:

What are your thoughts on the new forum arrangements since Excalibur took your spot and your badass pose got removed?

Edited by Afsky