Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Fur Pattern List With Names And Images

Casardis

Question

*This topic will be updated as new fur patterns are released.*

This topic has several purposes.

- To help people know what pattern is available in the game (for those who didn't obtain them yet) as well as their names

- To preview the patterns in high contrasting colors so you can get an idea of the pattern itself.

- To inform people in the trade chat about the accurate terms when addressing fur patterns ("X-splotch" isn't)

- To show that there's no separation between head and fur patterns like it was previously believed (14.5's Kubrow customization proved that fur patterns link the whole fur, not head/body separately).

Colors used (order will differ depending on patterns)

Derelict Black - Nova Grey - Lotus Purple

List Of Kubrow Fur Patterns

PATCHY

Natural-only

54dvjyy.jpg

HOUND

Natural-only

ao8CtDJ.jpg

STRIPED

Natural-only

zqyAfr9.jpg

DOMINO

Natural-only

Ll0brsr.jpg

MERLE

Natural-only

8T1M1by.jpg

LOTUS

Natural-only

UssNXSG.jpg

MOTTLED

Market-only (Telmatian)

2pITfMs.jpg

BRINDLE

Market-only (Savenga)

cu9N4YV.jpg

Things to know about kubrow fur patterns

- Some kubrow may appear like they are a solid color. That's mostly unrelated to the pattern as this is simply the kubrow sharing the same color (or similar ones) in all three color channels. You can easily make a solid-color kubrow yourself with the new customization with most patterns.

Need an example? Here's a pure white kubrow, using "Nova Grey" in all color channels.

- Previous misconceptions of certain patterns were made due to the situation above. Sometimes, people ended up with a kubrow that has a color shared in two channels, therefore "masking" most of the pattern and making it less obvious.

- If you previously thought you had a unique pattern that's not listed, check the name of your pattern in the customization again, and also try customizing a bit. You'll see the patterns revealing themselves like I did with the images above.

Feel free to ask questions about the list here! Also, please inform me here if there's any missing pattern when new ones come out, but I'm pretty sure that's all of them so far. I will then add them to the list, and if I don't have a kubrow with the pattern, I'll get one and update the list when I can. It'd be good to know if there are changes too, such as certain market-only pattern becoming a possible natural pattern.

Color Request Preview

If anyone's interested, I have all kubrow colors from the market, so if you want to see the customization a bit, and want me to test some of the colors in the packs together with a specific pattern, let me know. It might take time to complete these little request since there's a 3-hour wait when changing kubrows, not to mention how I'd like to use them sometimes.

Edited by Casardis
  • Like 2

I was going to come in here and post a thread about my kubrow. I got a Striped Sahasa, and some guy in a PUG told me it was rare. Is that true?

Also, I'm a bit fuzzy on how to get other colors/patterns for my kubrow. 

Edited by Skullriot

I was going to come in here and post a thread about my kubrow. I got a Striped Sahasa, and some guy in a PUG told me it was rare. Is that true?

Also, I'm a bit fuzzy on how to get other colors/patterns for my kubrow.

This is the second time I hear that about Striped rarity. I can't confirm anything but maybe it's uncommon? Patchy and Hound seem to be the most common but I was under the impression that Striped was as well.

As for getting other colors and patterns, only those in the market can be used between kubrows. Unless DE changes things up one day, you can't use a kubrow's natural pattern and colors on another, hence why I wrote "natural-only" and "market-only" in the OP.

Edited by Casardis

I dunno about how factual this is, but another person mentioned striped kubrows are rare. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/310081-i-need-to-make-a-quick-20p-what-do-i-sell/#entry3511806

Someone needs to make a "Kubrows and You!" guide, I'm pretty lost as to what all features there can be on a kubrow. 

Here is mine, by the way:

qEioUUu.jpg

It's got purple eyes!

Nice Kubrow~ Also, what do you mean "all features there can be on a kubrow?" There's not a lot of things that there can be anyway.

- Breed

- Sex

- Pattern

- Size/height

- Build

- Three customizable colors

- Eye color

I'm also confused by this person's comment.

Kubrow with stripes is rare... most people will get two tone, or solid kubrow. Even the DNA cover up doesnt have stripes, and I know. You could easily sell stripes for a quite alot of plat easily 20, or MORE.

DNA cover up? What is that? Also, solid kubrows =/= pattern. That's only due to how two or three colors in the three color channels are using the same color. I explained that in the OP, and I even gave an example with the pure white Kubrow (it's a striped pattern btw).

But I do think you can easily sell for 20+ plat, especially because your natural colors are great contrasts I think. Also advertize their purple eyes if you sell!

Edited by Casardis

DNA coverup refers to the Kubrow color set and the two Kubrow "cosmetic packs" you can get in the market. The color set is a set of five fairly generic colors (though it does include a nice deep black) and the cosmetic packs each have three different colors and a fur pattern you can't get through breeding.

DNA coverup refers to the Kubrow color set and the two Kubrow "cosmetic packs" you can get in the market. The color set is a set of five fairly generic colors (though it does include a nice deep black) and the cosmetic packs each have three different colors and a fur pattern you can't get through breeding.

Ah that's what they meant. Thanks for the clarification!

Although the thing is that NONE of the natural fur pattern can be gotten through the cosmetic packs, and therefore making it not a very good argument to decide a natural pattern's price XD

Although the thing is that NONE of the natural fur pattern can be gotten through the cosmetic packs, and therefore making it not a very good argument to decide a natural pattern's price XD

That was the original plan, but the outcry from the kubrow trading community made DE change their minds in making all the patterns available via marketplace.

And prices of patterns are strictly governed by supply and demand, just like everything else in the trading economy.

Edited by Deetwo

That was the original plan, but the outcry from the kubrow trading community made DE change their minds in making all the patterns available via marketplace.

And prices of patterns are strictly governed by supply and demand, just like everything else in the trading economy.

Actually we don't know if all patterns will be available via market yet. I know in the 14.5 teaser, it seemed to suggest that, but the new patterns that were released may also suggest that they took another path: natural patterns can only be obtained through incubation, and there will be market-exclusive patterns that can't be obtained through incubation/imprints.

As for the prices, yeah, pretty much that.

Edited by Casardis

Actually we don't know if all patterns will be available via market yet. I know in the 14.5 teaser, it seemed to suggest that, but the new patterns that were released may also suggest that they took another path: natural patterns can only be obtained through incubation, and there will be market-exclusive patterns that can't be obtained through incubation/imprints.

As for the prices, yeah, pretty much that.

I meant that, it was the original plan for patterns to be available in the market. This was evidenced in both the 14.5 teaser and in TennoLive. DE Sheldon even boasted that he could change his kubrow to a striped pattern.

Now that 14.5 has gone and past with nothing of the sort. Clearly, they changed their minds.

Nice Kubrow~ Also, what do you mean "all features there can be on a kubrow?" There's not a lot of things that there can be anyway.

- Breed

- Sex

- Pattern

- Size/height

- Build

- Three customizable colors

- Eye color

But I do think you can easily sell for 20+ plat, especially because your natural colors are great contrasts I think. Also advertize their purple eyes if you sell!

yeah, I thought that certain breeds were short and stocky, and others were tall and greyhound-like. I didnt know that there were so many variations!

By natural pattern you mean that its from a random hatch right? Because I have a patchy and did the same colors in the same order and it is slightly different. I got this kubrow through imprint incubation.

Yeah I meant as random hatch, or through other imprints that already have the pattern. Also, when you tried the colors, did you make it in the same order as I've written it, or as I've shown it in the pictures?

What I've written is not the order in which I used the colors for all of them; I was simply listing the colors. If you look at the color channels in each pictures, they are almost always ordered differently, since all I wanted to do is to create contrast between the patterns. Using the same order for all of them didn't look good at all.

In the picture I took of the Patchy pattern, the order is Nova Grey - Derelict Black - Lotus Purple. So try again and come back here; you should have the same look, as there's no other patchy pattern than one patchy pattern. You can also take a screenshot of it to show, if you want, along with the way you ordered your colors.

Edited by Casardis

I meant that, it was the original plan for patterns to be available in the market. This was evidenced in both the 14.5 teaser and in TennoLive. DE Sheldon even boasted that he could change his kubrow to a striped pattern.

Now that 14.5 has gone and past with nothing of the sort. Clearly, they changed their minds.

The striped pattern is the Brindle pattern that comes in the Savenga cosmetic pack.

Very useful post, will help out a lot of players. Since many still don't know how fur patterns work. Might be an idea to expand it and inform players as well about the energy (eye) color of Kubrows and that height and gender doesn't get stored in imprints.

Like having one big topic with all information about Kubrows.

Might be an idea to expand it and inform players as well about the energy (eye) color of Kubrows and that height and gender doesn't get stored in imprints.

Wait, so if someone demands it be tall or stout... thats always random? -.-

Edited by Skullriot

Awesome post! Thanks for sharing the info.

Do we know what natural colors are now considered rare?

Thanks! I personally don't know information about common/rare colors unfortunately. At first, people thought blue was rare, but some say it's common. Most people seem to agree that red and yellow are rare though. Nothing seems to be set to stone.

Very useful post, will help out a lot of players. Since many still don't know how fur patterns work. Might be an idea to expand it and inform players as well about the energy (eye) color of Kubrows and that height and gender doesn't get stored in imprints.

Like having one big topic with all information about Kubrows.

Thanks! The reason I didn't talk about it is because I didn't know where to insert information about eye color, and what use there is to do so. Though some people do ask about it during trades, most people don't care about eye color since it's sucha  tiny detail. As for information that aren't stored in imprints, I didn't add that either because they are information I don't have enough knowledge about, so I don't want to make any assumptions.

It's best if whatever information gotten from imprints usage is shared on that large topic that tries to figure these aspects out. Here's the link to it: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/268867-post-your-imprint-breeding-results-lets-try-and-figure-out-the-kubrow-genetics-imprints/

Wait, so if someone demands it be tall or stout... thats always random? -.-

From what I gathered, yeah. You can even check the link above, in the last page where AVEOX used two imprints from a female, very tall Kubrow, and the result was a male, shorter Kubrow, but looking exactly like her.

Edited by Casardis

Need an example? Here's a pure white kubrow, using "Nova Grey" in all color channels.

1000P    imprint   X 2   trade G.O.D.

I'm not sure if it's a joke or not, so I'll just say this.

Customized colors don't get transferred to imprints, only their natural ones (these aren't her natural colors). Additionally, you can create your own pure white Kubrow for only 50p by buying the Telmatian pack, which contains Nova Grey, and which is also what I was trying to say with that sentence. XD

Great post here, hope it helps end the "half-bloomed lotus" nonsense I keep hearing about, or the "my kubrow has a pattern never seen before!". I kept telling myself to do this for some time but never got around to it because of that 3h wait lol. Glad to see someone take on the effort though.

It'd be nice to include fur colours as well, since there's also a lot of misconception when it comes to them - such as, which colours are breed-only and which are market-available, and also to help people distinguish some colours (eg common brown/uncommon orange/rare red).