Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Type Mods, As Opposed To Classification Mods

nubnubbud

As it stands now, every weapon in the game (except a couple mixed ones like the bronco) have a very solid line differentiating it as a secondary or a primary.

I would like to propose a set of mods that do not rely on the idea of primary (usually considered rifles, shotguns,and bows) and secondaries (usually considered pistols).

This requires different groups to be made, because name-specific mods would suck. the groups would be based on weapon type, instead of its size, such as Beam weapons, launchers, spray weapons, bolt and arrow weapons, and explosives. notice that they are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

These are some sample mods I've made using (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/306981-concept-art-resource-mod-concept-art-template-145/#entry3478116), highlighting how the set works.

e6d5c3cc0d.png9a29093d7a.png757feb451a.pngbfac9e638d.png5e583677bb.png2760b01256.png

mods like wide nozzle would be usable on any cone-firing weapon,

mods like high tension would work on the ballistica, attica, dread, boltor, and anything that fires bolts really,

mods like high compression would target launchers like the miter, torid, stug, penta, drakgoon, and so on

Mods like high explosives would work on the torid, stug, penta...yeah most explosives just happen to be launchers as well, but they really can benefit fairly from both mods, seeing as fixing the range limit takes up plenty mod space.

are there any questions?

Edited by nubnubbud

Looks good, I like how the cost is quite low, we need more useful cheap utility mods

I wanted to fill in the 3 and 5 cost mods. not enough of those. maybe none? but yeah, we need mods that help our guns work fundamentally differently.

I like the examples of mods you used. We need more mods that feel helpful without being absolutely necessary. However, there would need to be a good way for them to drop without diluting the tables too much.

well, we are gonna be getting a few new infested enemies soon, and if you look closely one is actually a corrupted mod. as well, there are way too many thumpers dropping in the void(I have 87) and way too many tail winds on earth. generally, I think the most common enemies like crewmen and marines should have 50%-100% larger drop pools, anyway.

Edited by nubnubbud

As much as I love this idea, I think it would be better if it was like an aura slot... which means an extra mod slot because some mods are really needed on some weapons and would be hard to replace

That's why Serration just needs to be a default mod and increment on leveling your weapon, instead of taking up a slot. This would free up space for more fun utility mods that never get used because of serration/splitchamber taking up all the space.

That's why Serration just needs to be a default mod and increment on leveling your weapon, instead of taking up a slot. This would free up space for more fun utility mods that never get used because of serration/splitchamber taking up all the space.

both are pretty necessary, and it's a little silly, but that would be better solved by increasing mod slots. I don't run a maxed serration (less than half) or split chamber(just 100%), and I tend to rely on my grakata's status more. yes, I run grakata. blast build when the levels get too high to really kill anything. stops return fire dead. anyway, it's there as a mod to make it work like the other mods. it's supposed to be ridiculously expensive, fusion-wise and charge-wise, adding simplicity to the game...and don't weapons get stronger as they rank up already? the only thing I think you should suggest is an extra mod slot or two for guns.

Hmm... Perhaps to free space, we should consider a new function for Forma. A lot of Forma is spent on making elemental comboes possible. Perhaps formaing a slot with a new symbol could allow the consolidation of two elemental mods into a single slot. Both freeing a spot and saving points, by combining the two mod's costs and averaging them.

Of course, another option is a tree system (better than before). But that would be a huge change and a lot of people would complain about lost platinum, that no amount of compensation could make up for.

Hmm... Perhaps to free space, we should consider a new function for Forma. A lot of Forma is spent on making elemental comboes possible. Perhaps formaing a slot with a new symbol could allow the consolidation of two elemental mods into a single slot. Both freeing a spot and saving points, by combining the two mod's costs and averaging them.

Of course, another option is a tree system (better than before). But that would be a huge change and a lot of people would complain about lost platinum, that no amount of compensation could make up for.

if anything, I would prefer a new item that would split slots, making polarization impossible for those slots, or at least one of them, but giving you more mod space. anyway, this is something for another topic. are there any other utility mod suggestions you'd like to see?

Perhaps a mod for Heavy Melee weapons to give heavy melee more crowd control. By inflicting knockback on hit.

Ricochet mods for snipers that cause bullets to bounce off enemies into nearby ones (could fix crowd control problems)

A mod for throwing weapons (kunai/hikou) that force bleed procs on head shot.

Mod for burst weapons that guarantee a crit if all shots in a burst land on one target.

Perhaps a mod for Heavy Melee weapons to give heavy melee more crowd control. By inflicting knockback on hit.

Ricochet mods for snipers that cause bullets to bounce off enemies into nearby ones (could fix crowd control problems)

A mod for throwing weapons (kunai/hikou/glaive) that force bleed procs on head shot.

Mod for burst weapons that guarantee a crit if all shots in a burst land on one target.

I think most of these are already covered in some way, but if you look closely, all except the last one apply solely to the melee/primary/secondary heiarchy.Perforate, as I'd call it, is interesting, but it doesn't provide a good way to rank up.

would you prefer it to increase the crit damage with each successive shot in a burst, or crit chance, or just a passive percent boost of damage?

Ricochet would be interesting, but seeing as only rifles, or primaries are really snipers, I would enjoy it if this added a chance of bouncing, but there are already punch through mods, which I use a ton on void defense. generally, your best crowd control options are supposed to be abilities, melees, and primary weapons, allowing you to essentially make an AOE class, or sniper, or caster.