Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Does "door Hero" Mean?

Gullim92

Question

12 answers to this question

Someone who runs away from the team and stands in a door, usually on a defense mission. They take all the exp by killing enemies far away from everyone else, and make the game boring by stopping up enemies in a choke point. They also die a lot, and then QQ when you don't revive them.

When you are doing a mission that requires you to be in one area like a Defense or Mobile Defense

and one of your teammates runs off and kills all the enemies in the hallway or doorway they typically must run through in order to each the defense point

hoarding all of the EXP for themselves

its generally not a good thing and is not recommended to do.

They take all the exp by killing enemies far away from everyone else

Clarification:

Being alone DOES NOT give you more XP than you would if you have stayed with the team.

Since XP isn't split, but rather copied for every player it's actually the other way around.

You screw your team out of all the XP you earn by killing all those things, and you lose out on XP your team gets.

TL;DR

STAY WITH YOUR TEAM

Edited by Shifted

i've also heard it called hallway heroing because of long corridors.   But I heard that they changed this so that it didn't matter. what ever exp is gained now is evenly distributed for the over all mission exp.  but indiviual exp is is still that same.

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

I was under the impression that as of Hotfix 14.0.9, a component of affinity is shared team-wide, while individual damage contributions remain the same.

Regardless, I usually tell people who rush off from an objective any combination of the following:

1. If you go down, someone has to stop defending to rush over to revive you;

2. If there's a rare mod, we all have to run over and let the objective take damage;

3. If you're away from the group when we drop down ammo/health/energy restores or Desecrate, you'll miss out;

4. Defending the objective is more important than scoring kills;

5. Moving away from the team in survival spreads out spawns, which means slower killing overall and a poor survival run.

And other alarmist stuff. Once they get in line I can play nice. So please don't do the above, OP :)

Someone who runs away from the team and stands in a door, usually on a defense mission. They take all the exp by killing enemies far away from everyone else, and make the game boring by stopping up enemies in a choke point. They also die a lot, and then QQ when you don't revive them.

Ugh, I didn't even know there was a word for this.. I've only been with 1 so far though, was farming Tower 4 keys in an Interception mission as Nyx while this Nekros with his Bolter Prime kept downing himself at an enemy spawn, I stopped reviving him after his 5th down and losing 2-3 towers each time

It's the survival ones that grind my gears. STICK BY YOUR NECKROS!!! Running around getting kills away from desecrate, especially on T4, will cause you to fail.

Chasing a spawn halfway across a map is always a stupid plan... No matter how OP it makes you feel...if you like doing that, play solo.

It's the survival ones that grind my gears. STICK BY YOUR NECKROS!!! Running around getting kills away from desecrate, especially on T4, will cause you to fail.

Chasing a spawn halfway across a map is always a stupid plan... No matter how OP it makes you feel...if you like doing that, play solo.

Shouldn't the Nekro be following the DPSers, not the other way around?

I main a Nekro btw, just in case anyone assumes wrong.

Shouldn't the Nekro be following the DPSers, not the other way around?

I main a Nekro btw, just in case anyone assumes wrong.

Semantics, I said "stick with your Neckros" because he can only stick with one of you... If three people go three different ways... Make a DPS leader if you like, the principal remains the same.