Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros - Soul Punch Too Weak?

Navhkrin

Am i the only one that thinks this spell is too weak? I got nekros this morning  , and Soul Punch really disappointed me, I upgraded instantly to max thinking it would be fixed on max level but still, Its very weak.

Problem is its AoE damage,  I wouldnt even notice the AoE damage if i didnt see the numbers.

It deals very -very low damage, Almost to situation it wouldnt matter if they removed it or not.  On wiki it says 50 damage.. Really? 50 Damage? is this joke?  I would do more total damage if i just keep using my bow instead of using this spell.

I suggest rework on this spell,  Either the idea of making it spawn a shadow minion afterwards or making target explode on death causing %60 of initial spell damage.  (If soul punch normally would deal 500 damage,  Explosion should deal 300,  This explosion must only work if soul punch kills the target)

Edited by Navhkrin

First abilities are never meant to be massive damage dealers. Except maybe Mirage's Hall of Mirrors.

Soul Punch isn't that useful as it is. An AoE knockdown would be far more useful, and we need to get rid of the pin-point aim required to hit something with it.

Edited by Dualice

I've never really had much of a problem with it. Granted, its damage isn't high, but it immediately puts an enemy out of the fight and for quite a while. If things go south, you just bop em.

Considering his role as support, having a very high damage ability wouldn't quite fit. The 500 it deals is fitting, even if it is just pure Impact.

First abilities are never meant to be massive damage dealers. Except maybe Mirage's Hall of Mirrors.

Soul Punch isn't that useful as it is. An AoE knockdown would be far more useful, and we need to get rid of the pin-point aim required to hit something with it.

Pin point is fine in my opinion

Well, there are alot of abilities that are far more powerful, Like volts first ability, AoE shock + Not-bad-damage.

AoE knockback + AoE explosion would be good buff.  (Instead of pushing backwards, cause an explosion that pushes targets away from center of explosion)

I've never really had much of a problem with it. Granted, its damage isn't high, but it immediately puts an enemy out of the fight and for quite a while. If things go south, you just bop em.

Considering his role as support, having a very high damage ability wouldn't quite fit. The 500 it deals is fitting, even if it is just pure Impact.

I dont think developers are seperating them directly like "this one is support, this one is damage dealer" , By only using Soul Punch + Shadows of Dead , Nekros would be damage dealer, His supportive abilities are terrify and desecrate

Edited by Navhkrin

Yeah take Oberon and spam Smite. Then take Necros and try to spam Soul Punch...   The targeting is very awkward and its not even 1-hand ability, so you cant reload while using it. Ragdolling is also wild so you cant Soul Punch - shoot the target.  Thus no one really uses it. 

Edited by Monolake

Pin point is fine in my opinion

Well, there are alot of abilities that are far more powerful, Like volts first ability, AoE shock + Not-bad-damage.

AoE knockback + AoE explosion would be good buff.  (Instead of pushing backwards, cause an explosion that pushes targets away from center of explosion)

Volt's Shock is definitely a worthy mention, it's great for proccing groups and does decent damage for a first. I for one would be happier if Soul Punch's aiming circle was more like Shock's, plus the ability to fire/reload whilst casting would be great. Most of the times I try to use Soul Punch are situations in which slowing down to take aim would be a very bad idea.

Edited by Dualice

I agree with the general idea that Soul Punch isn't that good. It's not that bad, but let's consider that Nekros' main CC is Terrify, Soul Punch as a little CC isn't needed in its skill set.

I'd see it better if it would work like some sort of "Death Touch", claiming the life of the target and thus dealing it significant amount of damages. Finisher damage if possible, just to make it trepass the target's defenses.
Thus it would have a significant utility in high level missions and synergy with Shadow of the Dead (and eventually Desecrate).
Another feature that would be nice to have is raising a single Shadow if the target is succesfully killed.
What's better than this? Utility, Synergy, Affinity with the Nekros' theme.

Another tweak it should get is to raise the Threat level of the enemies/area hit for your Shadows, so to draw their attention and their focus fire.

Ofc all these tweaks would need some kind of balance, that's why I'd rather sacrify it's projectile and ragdoll factor, plus adding a little cooldown, maybe 5 seconds.

What d'ya think about it?

Hi Burn ;)

You soul punch has similarities with what I proposed here.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/307595-everyone-knows-whats-best-for-nekros-me-too/

I am proposing a broader rework of Nekros skills though, with a synergy between Soul Punch, Terrify and Shadows of the Dead. 

Soul Punch creates a single Shadow.

Terrify terrifies, killed terrified enemies give health to all Shadows.

Shadows Of The Dead creates up to 4 Nekros Shadows (according to mod power level) and is a toggle. Shadows have an energy upkeep and can be kept for as long as Nekros has energy or Shadows are killed. If  a Nekros shadow is killed it respawns after 5 secods costing 25 energy. 

Untoggling causes shadows to explode darkness, blinding enemies. 

You proposed Soul Punch giving high damage, I proposed it as being another CC, but both end up creating a Shadow. I though of the CC venue because the Shadow is already a damage-dealer. Soul Punch would make the target vulnerable to Nekros melee in my version. 

If you picture it, it's rather Stalker/grim Reaper-ish:

Target is marked for death. 

Nekros (the death-bringer) comes and gives finisher melee damage to the target, reaping its soul and creating a minion Shadow. Awesome. 

My version or your version, I think Soul Punch should make it viable for Nekros to create a Shadow. 

I really like the idea of Shadow Of The Dead to be a toggle and sustain the shadows for an 'infinite' amount of time, draining energy. 

Edited by BrazilianJoe

Yet because you GOT USED to it, not because it's an optimal skill.

Who can say a new version wouldn't be better than the actual? Have you tried it?

Even I (playing Oberon before its buff) could say its skills were good and needed no buff because i got used to them.

Just don't bash other's realizable ideas, there's so many potential in these suggestions!

To quote Nutritionalvalue again, who's claiming a lot of #1 skills get replaced, actually in top builds pretty every Nekros skill is replaced, exception made for Desecrate.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

When compared to Oberon "Now"  as of his buffs to smite, yes it is absolutely too weak in my humble opinion.  Nekros should be less utility and more dmg than oberon, if anything IMO-- probably less tanky (which he is)  but definitely more dmg!  In it's current state Smite owns Soulpunch hard!  

Desecrate is an awesome ability, but it definitely doesn't make him the funnest character in the world to play (If he had a rework on soulpunch and "maybe" shadows)  he would be one of my favorite if not my favorite frame(s).

• 2 weeks later...

Nekros should be made to be a necromancer, rather than the warlock he is right now. Soul punch and terrify need a lot of attention, in my opinion. Shadows is okay, but with AI improvements, and maybe nothing more, it would be awesome!

Archon gets it. Terrify doesn't make me feel like the Grim Reaper I'm supposed to be... And the shadows are a little dumb.

Edited by unknow99

One of the thigns soul punch needs, is the abbilty to cast it without being force as a sitting duck when casting it. I would also like to see soul punch have the abbilty like oberon smash skill where you get a small cahcne when you kill a mob with soul punch you get some ammo or hp. But that can be debateable.

I would love a faster cast time for soulpunch so the skill can be use more effictly as a room cleaner for mobs thats blockign you or team mates from rezing your buddy who went down. Another thing i punder, is the abilty tyo make soul punch more of a soul punch shotgun and increase the ammount of mobs you can hit when useing it. I know that useing soulpunch cause ya to hit one mob or more, but i belive soul punch be more powerful if it gets a bigger aoe or able to use it as a mutiple strike where the first one mob that gets hit will take the full damge and each other mob it hits go from max to little to little to littlel till last one gets a knock back.

Smite is this and then some. This skill should be one hand (does not interrupt reloads/firing), have a shotgun style mechanism that pushes EVERYTHING out of the way (smaller opposite Pull), higher damage or the more enemies pushed the more damage it does.

It is decided.  Nekros needs "Force Push" and the Grineers are now Stormtroopers :D

You know, I think it'd be cool if Soul Punch created a Shadow of the enemy that represents his soul. The Shadow is ragdolled and sent flying backward some distance (knocking over others in its path), while its "body" is knocked down.

The two must rejoin (stand up and walk straight to each other) before your target can resume whatever it is doing. Other enemies see the Shadow as an enemy, and all damage absorbed by the Shadow is dealt to its body when they rejoin.

When the body dies, the Shadow does too. Now you have 2 corpses to make Health Orbs :)

Edited by PsiWarp