Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity's Bee Booty

Machia

The great character design is one of the main reasons why I love Warframe so much.

However, I recently purchased the Trinity warframe. Which, from the front, looks amazing. But turn her around and you get this 'butt-protector'. It looks like the shriveled up back end of a bee. It's pretty big, and makes the look of this warframe a lot less enjoyable.

I don't mean to offend any developer who spent lots of hours designing this otherwise lovely character (but im quite sure I already did), but the butt-protector also doesn't seem to match up with the style of the rest of this character.

As far as I can see the body panels (Headpiece, shoulders chest etc.) all have very smooth, almost aerodynamic shapes. The razorblade like 'blades' on her head, back and waistline/belt aswell carry a smooth, aeronautical style. The Bee Booty, on the other hand, looks like it came out of a different dimension than the rest of the armor.

I understand that sometimes a combination of smooth and jagged/wrinkly can work out very well, such as the spine of Excalibur, but Trinity's backpiece doesn't seem integrated at all, it's just there, not having any of the design features other parts of her warframe have. It just looks out of place, like glueing a piece of bark on my new cellphone.

I'm not saying I wouldn't be able to enjoy the game anymore if it stayed in, I'm merely giving food for thought on simply removing, or redesiging the Bee Booty.

TL;DR: Trinny's Bee Booty gotta go, son.

I get what they were trying to do, and it could still work, it's just the texture is a little odd, maybe the stiffness too, I could see it work as a cloth or fabric-like piece. Like a waist-cape. Something like that. But yes, it's kind of like a chitin-armor piece.

The only other thing that bothers me about Trin's design is all the clipping with her items.

Just don't complain TOO much or they'll radically redesign and mutilate Trin too like you buggers got DE to do to my poor, sweet Ember... *sniff* I'll miss you hammer pants... <3

I get what they were trying to do, and it could still work, it's just the texture is a little odd, maybe the stiffness too, I could see it work as a cloth or fabric-like piece. Like a waist-cape. Something like that. But yes, it's kind of like a chitin-armor piece.

The only other thing that bothers me about Trin's design is all the clipping with her items.

Just don't complain TOO much or they'll radically redesign and mutilate Trin too like you buggers got DE to do to my poor, sweet Ember... *sniff* I'll miss you hammer pants... <3

Her Hammer pants were weird anyways. And that single-strap? I don't know, not many can pull of the village hooker look easily. Besides,the New look is much more into the Warframes style. I will say I miss her "charred skin" thing going on, but it's a small miss compared to how ridiculous she looked before. At least Trinity's look now can be taken seriously as a potential threat. Ember's old look made it seem like she was the young run away Teenage tomboy turned ninja apprentice.(Though that sounds like a good plot for an animated cartoon... hmmm, interesting)

I digress, point being that Embers new look ishow and now you can tell it's female a bit easier. Plus that Fonghorn Leghorn overflow mohawk is adorable(With her "Samus suit" look). I think Trinity's fine though. She looks really unique to me. Although I am a bit curious to see what the Dev would do as an alternative for each Warframe. We've seen their vision with Ember, But if they could, what what they alternate them all to? Would it be more mechanical like Embers or more Fantasy like Loki? Or perhaps more straightforward like Excalibur and Ash.

Anyone else got minor issues with Trinity's faceplate? I hate those red glowy trails. It really irks me how I can change the tint of my other "energy" lights, and yet I'm stuck with red on her face no matter what I do. Personally - I'd prefer a blank faceplate, gives much more of an armored impression. But if we have to have glowy facial markings - please make them match with our other bioluminecant tints.

Anyone else got minor issues with Trinity's faceplate? I hate those red glowy trails. It really irks me how I can change the tint of my other "energy" lights, and yet I'm stuck with red on her face no matter what I do. Personally - I'd prefer a blank faceplate, gives much more of an armored impression. But if we have to have glowy facial markings - please make them match with our other bioluminecant tints.

I opened a topic about the issue of not being able to customise the glowing parts of her faceplate (as well as the one from Mag): https://forums.warfr...ion/#entry18468

I'm glad I'm not the only one wanting to customise that bit of the Trinity warframe.

Edited by philversprechend

Yeah, I see the same issue with Mag.

I'm kinda new and I just bought the trinity blueprint. Later that night I went and watched a video of Trinity gameplay. I was shocked to find this big ugly thing hanging infont of her butt. I was very let down and probably wont end up continuing with the blueprints. In the preview of Trinity you can't see this ugly butt cover thing. If I had knew of the ugly butt thing I wouldn't have wasted the time and credits on the blueprint. I really wish they remove it. Maybe they should continue the dangling things around the back of her waste. Or just have nothing there, I wouldn't mind having a nice view of her &amp;#&#33; constantly. Anything butt that wierd plate will satisfy me. (whosawthatpun?)

I belive the "bee booty" is intended to look that way. To make trin look "insectoid".

We have "wings" on her shoulder blades.

We have "6 legs", 3 on each side of her booty.

And finally the "bee booty" as the abdomen.

That being said, I don't like the bee booty...

Edited by CelesChere

I belive the "bee booty" is intended to look that way. To make trin look "insectoid".

We have "wings" on her shoulder blades.

We have "6 legs", 3 on each side of her booty.

And finally the "bee booty" as the abdomen.

That being said, I don't like the bee booty...

I think if they made it smaller and smoothed it out a bit becuase right now it just looks uncomfortable to sit on. same thing with Volt's crotch guard.

Bee Booty? It always reminded me of a Madagascar hissing cockroach...

But yeah, I could see how the bulky-ness of Trinity's bountiful butt guard make her stand out in comparission to the sleek designs of the other frames. Probably would do better removing it, unless the devs are able to give her something more resembling a rear skirt made of flowing fabrics.

Edited by HKP89

I like the idea of warframes having sleeky designs.

Not a fan of these almost unattached looking extensions. I'd rather see shapes that blend smoothly to rest of the warframe.

Trinity's butt extension is the worst, and in my opinion Trinity is the ugliest looking warframe. Not just because of the butt part, but she has way too many of these out of place looking extensions hangin all over her.

I don't even like the faceplate. It's the shape, the lights and it looks like it's not even part of her.

• 2 weeks later...