Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grab Bag Of Feedback On Gate Crash

[DE]Momaw

1.) Premise and objective

The whys and wherefores here are a little vague to me here.  We learned about the existence of Archwing technology from our mysterious benefactor in exchange for our fight against the Corpus in the Cryotic Event...  But how did the Grineer find out about it, and why are we trying to shut down the Grineer access to the derelicts in the void instead of just going and recovering a few specimens of archwing tech for reverse engineering.  Surely it would be more practical to go get archwing than it is to shut down millions of parallel Grineer recon missions.  Even if we look at this more as denying the Grineer access to archwing to make their own adaptation, this technology cannot be ubiquitous in the derelicts or we would have found it before now.  The only possibility I can think of is that our Benefactor is teasing both sides of the conflict with a promise of eventually revealing the real location of the technology, but the Grineer got impatient and we're slamming the lid of the cookie jar on their hand. But that doesn't make a lot of sense because the Benefactor seems very much like a Corpus sort of person, and personally concerned about the Balor-class dreadnaughts.

2.) The Tenno, the Void, and kicking &#!

I like that we finally get a sense of the Tenno having some real affinity for Voidspace, and that we can use it strategically in ways other factions cannot.  Specifically I mean the way that we can get to the Void by our own means, then attack outward against enemies that are trying to pry their way inward. It lends a certain sort of 'home' to our faction that the vaguely-defined dojo and nomadic Liset do not.  And it feels very badass that we effectively own the void and can show up anywhere at any time to retaliate against enemies trying to invade our home.

3.) Handicaps, brittle bones syndrome, and guns as the lowest common denominator

I played through this event solo because frankly people annoy me these days. So maybe I have a different view on this than most players.  But I am not a fan of the mode of difficulty going on here.  You take away our shields and health, so we have to rely on our powers.  But then you take away everything that makes our powers effective, we have to rely on our guns and treat the game like a bullet hell shmup. Maybe I'm a minority here, but I feel like this is kind of stupid. The thing that makes us feared and powerful isn't our guns.  Plenty of the Tenno elect to use weaponry produced by the Corpus and the Grineer. I could easily have played this event with something silly like a Mark 1 Braton, it has plenty of firepower for this level. What makes us the monster under the bed is our ability to do inexplicable things that bend the laws of reality... at least that is the case normally. I don't object so much to the idea of not having our powers work properly and our defenses being the the equivalent of a well made suit of styrofoam,  as I do to this idea of the entire mission being this way.  When enemies get past a trivial level we cannot, cannot, fight conventionally with them in hordes. If you want to make us fight all cautiously and tactically, then we can only be dealing with a few enemies at a time rather than a dozen.  The way this event is structured feels like DE throwing down the gauntlet on hypothetical warframe design, challenging us to find the few things that you DIDN'T take away from us and then maximize those to stay alive.

In short: brief dangerous boss fights with gimped powers and defenses = interesting.  Entire missions where you take away everything except our trigger and then throw us into a pit of spiders = bad.

:-/

I'm a solo player as well, and I am finding it difficult to play this mission in later tiers. My guns are good, but the event basically makes me close to defenseless. Little shields, little health, and little power to counteract those two. But yes, this is a solo issue.

I used mag prime in earth and spammed crush again and again.

I used ash in phobos and stealth kill my way in

I used my valkyr in ceres to finish things off.

All-in-all it was one difficult grind but doable. It annoys me that I don't know what got deteriorated, my shields? my health?, my power? but i do know that when you get to ceres your power range, strength, and duration suffer, as well as your health and sheilds. I dunno if this is accurate but i think i experienced 75% deterioration in all aspects when i got to the 15 exposure.

It was still fun though but a lot grindy than the previous event and you need to have good equipment and gear.

It annoys me that I don't know what got deteriorated, my shields? my health?, my power? but i do know that when you get to ceres your power range, strength, and duration suffer, as well as your health and sheilds. I dunno if this is accurate but i think i experienced 75% deterioration in all aspects when i got to the 15 exposure.

Sounds about right.

The only warframe stat that doesn't seem to get completely destroyed is armor value.  Incidentally I also used Valkyr on Ceres.  >_>

I think they just kept me around because of my ninja ressing skills thanks to Shade.

I tried Shade too because i thought that his cloaking would help me get pot shots on the strap-ons, then i realized that i need to be 1 meter of somebody for it to activate plus it doesn't always activate when i wanted it too.

I tried Shade too because i thought that his cloaking would help me get pot shots on the strap-ons, then i realized that i need to be 1 meter of somebody for it to activate plus it doesn't always activate when i wanted it too.

Pro tip: Huras kubrow isn't quite as good as old-school Shade, but he's way ahead of the empty shell that Shade has become currently.

Seriously, good luck to new players with little access to good equipment. I finished all 15 runs and I've gotta say, ceres kicked my rear so hard that I was practically forced to party with others. I don't have a problem with partying, in fact I like interacting with other people. It's just that all the stat and power restraint will likely give newer players a hard time. At MR-8, I already have a decided anti-faction load out of weapons and frames complete with potatoes and many formas. I just can't say the same for people of MR-2 or 3 or lower.

This event was fun and challenging for me, but I only speak for myself.

Edited by Eggzodiya

eThe only warframe stat that doesn't seem to get completely destroyed is armor value.  Incidentally I also used Valkyr on Ceres.  >_>

And energy efficiency seemed to hold relatively stable. For all the good it does when powers are running it nearly worthless.