Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Is Baro Ki’ Teer?

HappyApathy

The event message from the Lotus mentions a datamass from a "Baro Ki'Teer", did I miss something cause I have absolutely no clue who she is talking about.

I'm assuming this datamass was what we received from the mystery associate though that in itself is not clearly stated or mentioned, his last words essentially been "thanks for getting ice packs for my seafood tapas here have a spiffy gun" with no mention of the archwing data which I assume we were also given at some point during that transaction.

Is this suppose be that mystery associate from the last event because that would be a rather awkward reveal considering how he never actually gave his name (evidence points towards Derf Anyo I think personally).

Is this the name of an Orokin creator/designer of Archwings, and what we are looking at are fragments of his designs?

This just seems badly handled/worded by DE, it is given to us as though we are suppose to somehow already know who this is, it could easily be fixed by tacking on "the Archwing creator", "Orokin designer", or "the mystery associate", somewhere in that message or even stating it like "they appear to be Archwing designs by a 'Baro Ki'Teer'" and leaving it ambiguous instead of been thrown at us like someone we should be familiar with.

Edited by HappyApathy

The mysterious guy at the Cryotic Front event.

He never gave his name, and this would be an incredibly lame give away honestly. Why bother hiding your identity if the Lotus can somehow magically conjure up your name from nowhere with no clues.

Edited by HappyApathy

The event message from the Lotus mentions a datamass from a "Baro Ki'Teer", did I miss something cause I have absolutely no clue who she is talking about.

I'm assuming this datamass was what we received from the mystery associate though that in itself is not clearly stated or mentioned, his last words essentially been "thanks for getting ice packs for my seafood tapas here have a spiffy gun" with no mention of the archwing data which I assume we were also given at some point during that transaction.

Is this suppose be that mystery associate from the last event because that would be a rather awkward reveal considering how he never actually gave his name (evidence points towards Derf Anyo I think personally).

Is this the name of an Orokin creator/designer of Archwings, and what we are looking at are fragments of his designs?

This just seems badly handled/worded by DE, it is given to us as though we are suppose to somehow already know who this is, it could easily be fixed by tacking on "the Archwing creator", or "Orokin designer" somewhere in that message instead of been thrown at us like someone we should be familiar with.

You don't know who Baro Ki' Teer is? Shame on you... Shame... /sarcasm

On a serious note - i don't like trusting people that i've never even knew that existed. How do we know that this "Baro Ki' Teer" guy is/was on our side, hmm...?

The description says it's "his" archwing datamass. I assume he's an Orokin scientist of some sort.

Another likely answer could be its the name of a place. One of the void towers perhaps? The question could be what instead of who.

This just shows what the problem is, we have to 'assume' or 'guess', yet it is stated as though it is some fact we should already know, it just seems badly done.

This just shows what the problem is, we have to 'assume' or 'guess', yet it is stated as though it is some fact we should already know, it just seems badly done.

Assuming and guessing is fun. I don't want the lore to just tell me everything up front as plain as day.

Assuming and guessing is fun. I don't want the lore to just tell me everything up front as plain as day.

Then it should be stated as such like "they appear to be Archwing designs by a 'Baro Ki'Teer'", and then let us try and imagine who he was and what has fate may have been, the way it is done is too familiar, like we somehow already know the guy.

I interpreted it differently, then. I'm fine with imagination being used to fill in blanks on detail, but random name-drops of people we have never heard of before, without a brief on their background can be done either masterfully or leave us feeling confused and jolted at a clear non-sequitur. I am sadly of the latter group. Speculation on potentially important facts shouldn't be a thing, especially with the way I feel lore is going with Warframe.

Edited by Vastaren

Just to add a little piece of my opinion on Baro Ki' Teer...has noone yet considered that Baro Ki' Teer would be a fitting name for a Grineer? I mean, it has a very similiar sound, grammar and feel to it. Just to add into perspective, here's some other Grineer names: Tyl Regor, Vay Hek, Sargas Ruk, Kela De Thaym, Leck Kril, Sprag and lastly Ven'kra Tel(this one has the most similiarities). The name wouldn't fir for a Corpus, seeing as theyr names are a lot less complex and are more 'normal' and simple. This could also connect him to the mystery associate, as he would have some degree of access to the intel on the Balor Fomorians(may i remind thee that a Fomorian is a class of heavy version of Grineer Galleon). Only odd part would be his innate genetic deterioration(although maybe that might be counteracted by the fact his Space Sea Food chain would supply him with the credits needed to get some DNA Stabilization equipment, or he could've just entered and exited stais periodicaly by using the Cryotic in his posesion). Just sayin' :/

Yeah, I feel like we missed a minievent somewhere along the line.... Maybe Update 15 will reveal this to us?

I wouldnt be surprised if leader of the Red Veil is one of the Twin Queens clones.

I would, 'cause it makes not sense, imo.

Edited by Morec0

Yeah, I feel like we missed a minievent somewhere along the line.... Maybe Update 15 will reveal this to us?

I would, 'cause it makes not sense, imo.

Clone that run away or was rescued and now is leading resistance against Grineers. Would work in some way.

Agreed, i was confused aswell on who the guy is and why we suddently have to find "archwings".

I know the whole concept was revealed in the livestreams the past months but there was next to nothing ingame giving any hints of that.

When i read the event message i wondered if we actualy missed an event between this and cryotic front. Perhaps we actualy did and they pushed this event forward before another one which actualy introduced these two things.

and I though its reference to some event past long time ago that happened when I was not playing that game yet... nad thats why I have no idea who are we talking about :)

imho Baro Ki' Teer makes perferct name for the grineer - and he found some long lost data about archwing tech and we (tenno as a faction) have stolen this datamass and recovered some info about this tech - and then we realised how muh it would easien our lives so we want to recover it - and grineer want to stop us from that.....

I wouldnt be surprised if leader of the Red Veil is one of the Twin Queens clones.

At this point in the "lore" of the game, I wouldnt be surprised if the Lotus was Jimmy Hoffa.

Also, on a more serious note, if you agree or not with the way the "lore" is handled to us Beta Testers in Warframe, there is no denying the writing was poor. The Lotus did use the name as if all Tenno were familiar with it, just like she would have mentioned Darvo.

Edited by Dogoframe