Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Event And Why I Think It Is Bad.

Mr.Mango

Hello everybody,

So we got the new event and since it is an interesting concept I would like to give some of my feedback, since I feel like it's rather badly executed.

So, first of all. The 2 "minibosses" - wow, just wow. Not sure if It's just me that is getting that feeling but they seem so badly animated and glitchy. Expecially when you get to Ceres their encounter feels like anything but fun. Expecially the ranged one keeps on 'half-flying half-warping' just to land and instant-snapshot kill you. I've never had such a bad experience with any encounter - just please, no more.

The grind. Well, since it's free stuff it's something you can't really complain too much about. But expecially later it's such drag and turns into a very frustrating experience if most Mobs simply 1-2 shot you.

The Health, shield and ability debuff. Aright so this is an interesting one, however, it pretty much comes down to "Well, can't use this Warframe and this one...and this one etc." Generally, I feel like that's just not a good design for an event.

Anyways, these are my 3 little complaints and only show MY opinion and view on the event.

Like you said, it's your opinion (thank you very much for including that, by the way. Not something you often see, sadly).

That being said, I enjoyed the event. At first it was pretty much like any other, but once I got to Ceres I started having a blast. It was very difficult, and at first I thought it was for the same reasons you posted. But then I realized it was difficult because I wasn't adapting; I wasn't changing how I approached the enemies and the objectives. I was even using a Perma-Invis Loki to cakewalk through everything, but once I reached Ceres I couldn't do that anymore.

I had to approach it with a very Dark Souls-esque mindset; I had to play different. I had to bait the enemies, lure them into corridors where their numbers didn't matter, separate the bosses so I had to deal with them one at a time, etc... all while using a Loki, with extremely low base stats due to the debuffs.

It was fun, because I was doing something different. I felt like I was in danger, which is how I think I should feel when fighting any sort of boss, badass sapce assassin or not.

it is better than constant leveling infested.

i think they need to go easy on power debuffs and a bit more on enemies buffs.

debuffs on 5-10 point migrate to 10-15 points and enemies level from endurance mission.

as for endurance, i feel cheated, it is simple grind for competition, it should be harder with each point, if you got your 16 point, just repeat untill you sleep. thats dissapointing. i demand +5levels on each extra point )

DE finally realized that scaling enemies higher and higher doesn't do quite as good of a job as scaling us further and further back.

On top of that, instead of making us unequip mods for the Conclave ~400 missions, we still get to keep all our maxed mods.

As for the Mini-twin-boss, I think you may just be frustrated because they're killing you. The snipe-shot is not instant, a laser beam points at the target. If you stay mobile, she'll miss.

However, I do agree that they feel somewhat rushed and unpolished. What you need to keep in mind, though, is that events are perfect for testing out new things. DE is obviously testing out these sister bosses. Welcome to Beta, Tenno.

DE finally realized that scaling enemies higher and higher doesn't do quite as good of a job as scaling us further and further back.

On top of that, instead of making us unequip mods for the Conclave ~400 missions, we still get to keep all our maxed mods.

As for the Mini-twin-boss, I think you may just be frustrated because they're killing you. The snipe-shot is not instant, a laser beam points at the target. If you stay mobile, she'll miss.

However, I do agree that they feel somewhat rushed and unpolished. What you need to keep in mind, though, is that events are perfect for testing out new things. DE is obviously testing out these sister bosses. Welcome to Beta, Tenno.

I'm far beyond the point where I feel frustrated from things in games (expecially warframe) and I did enough tries now to take a good look at them. FOR ME the laser doesn't allways show up and at certain points, when the ranged sister makes her jump, she turns around to fire a single shot at you that oneshots at least me. (around 350 all together)

To be frank, I prefer having enemies scaled higher and higher since, being scaled down feels less like being a "super awesome space ninja".

And Beta...well, I'm not going to comment on that. Warframe is, for me anyways, out of Beta since quite a while.

FOR ME the laser doesn't allways show up and at certain points, when the ranged sister makes her jump, she turns around to fire a single shot at you that oneshots at least me.

And Beta...well, I'm not going to comment on that. Warframe is, for me anyways, out of Beta since quite a while.

That's exactly the feedback DE needs to make the game better:

We are in beta still, we rely on your guys reports to iron out as many issues as we can.

Still in beta as of 20/09/2014.

Hello everybody,

So we got the new event and since it is an interesting concept I would like to give some of my feedback, since I feel like it's rather badly executed.

So, first of all. The 2 "minibosses" - wow, just wow. Not sure if It's just me that is getting that feeling but they seem so badly animated and glitchy. Expecially when you get to Ceres their encounter feels like anything but fun. Expecially the ranged one keeps on 'half-flying half-warping' just to land and instant-snapshot kill you. I've never had such a bad experience with any encounter - just please, no more.

The grind. Well, since it's free stuff it's something you can't really complain too much about. But expecially later it's such drag and turns into a very frustrating experience if most Mobs simply 1-2 shot you.

The Health, shield and ability debuff. Aright so this is an interesting one, however, it pretty much comes down to "Well, can't use this Warframe and this one...and this one etc." Generally, I feel like that's just not a good design for an event.

Anyways, these are my 3 little complaints and only show MY opinion and view on the event.

It didnt seem hard to me using best weapons and Valk with all the defence mods, but I assume for lower equipped players Ceres was problematic.  

The grind is real. ~10 min per mission(if you dont loot the chaches) x 15 = whooping 2.5 hours. But it's ok if you play it over several days. 

Personalised difficulty via debuffs is bad. like I said in another thread it forces high-score players to rely on low score ones to get carried, Its not too bad under 15 points, but if you work for clan leaderboards it becomes absurd and broken (you stop to do any damage at some point) and the grind is horrendous. I don't know how people do 300+ points its ~50 hrs! No wonder people start to hate the game after such events. Its like if DEL hates and punishes hardcore players.