Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gate Crash, Not Enjoyable At All.

Beas7ie

Basically it;s just a grind grind grind.  Do the same missions in the same locations over and over. Fight the same bosses with the same lame "invincible unless you hit tiny weak spot" mechanic and then half the times you do that you don't even get the exposure credit.

I also got stuck in a mission with two griefers who were just derping around "looking for caches".  Their search consisted of them jumping up and down in place while I waited at extraction.  After about ten minutes of their griefing I aborted the mission.  

Missions and events like this are why I lost a lot of interest in this game and it's sad to see what should be an amazing game just turn into grindfest after grindfest.

hey, caches are very important because they can give t3-4 keys and good resource, maybe your the griefer for limiting the user experience for privatizing em with a mechanic implemented on the game, and warframe is like this, grind grind grind but at least its a good grind

There is a difference between taking some time to look for a cache and just jumping up and down in place.  DE dropped the ball on this by not allowing people to extract when they want.  It would be a simple matter to let those who want the exposure points to do the mission and GTFO while allowing those who want to look for caches to stay behind and then leave later on.

Also it's "you're" not "your".  "Your" is used to show possession while "you're" is the cotraction.  

I disagree.

-its as much grind as any other Event/mission we have.

-It gives you way better loot then most missions save towers.

-it requires you to actually think and plan out you weapons and kit because your warframe will be very nerfed.

Overall a fun event with actual challenge.

And plus no matter what as long as you complete the mission you will get exposure. But you can only get exposure 5 times on each planet, once you get to 15 you can do the Gate Crash Endurance which stacks exposure as high as you can survive. 

Edited by Senketsu_

There is a difference between taking some time to look for a cache and just jumping up and down in place.  DE dropped the ball on this by not allowing people to extract when they want.  It would be a simple matter to let those who want the exposure points to do the mission and GTFO while allowing those who want to look for caches to stay behind and then leave later on.

Also it's "you're" not "your".  "Your" is used to show possession while "you're" is the cotraction.  

use that little tab called the recruitment channel and get a group going who only wants the exposure.

I loved the exposure mechanic; a difficulty curve that actually was... well... difficult! I loved actually having to try to get to the end of the mission, rather than lolling through it like most other missions. Please, more interesting difficulty like this, DE!

I didn't like the exposure concept.

I approve of increasing difficulty but would rather it come from enemies increasing in power as opposed to power being taken from me.

Exponential enemy power has a much less positive effect than exponentially decreasing player power. (See Tower 4 Survivals...)

sorry didn't knew a letter could kill you, my bad btw "contraction"

Edited by Cazador-Themaster

I disagree.

-its as much grind as any other Event/mission we have.

-It gives you way better loot then most missions save towers.

-it requires you to actually think and plan out you weapons and kit because your warframe will be very nerfed.

Overall a fun event with actual challenge.

And plus no matter what as long as you complete the mission you will get exposure. But you can only get exposure 5 times on each planet, once you get to 15 you can do the Gate Crash Endurance which stacks exposure as high as you can survive. 

In my experience it's much more of a grind especially since each mission is pretty much the same.  It's the same tilesets, the same lame bosses you fight, the same mechanics.  It would be one thing if you had to do different things to say activate the portal or maybe you fought a different boss instead of the same 2 jetpack clones over and over.

The exposure thing with you getting weakened hasn't been a problem so far so I haven't had any compalints you.

Also last 3 missions, I ran them, got to extraction and "Disconnected from host"  Booted to lobby, no credit.  It's one thing to have to do a grind but when you don't even get credit for the grind then that's a problem.

I'd hardly call 5 times each a grinfest. It literally took me an hour to get the Sheev, and I had a blast doing it. Would love to see these missions become alerts.

See above.

use that little tab called the recruitment channel and get a group going who only wants the exposure.

Tried that and with clannies.  No one on clan wants to do.  Still have same problems with recruitment tab as I do joining up with randoms.

I loved the exposure mechanic; a difficulty curve that actually was... well... difficult! I loved actually having to try to get to the end of the mission, rather than lolling through it like most other missions. Please, more interesting difficulty like this, DE!

The exposure mechanic itself isn't the problem, it's a few of the other features.

sorry didn't knew a letter could kill you, my bad btw "contraction"

It can't kill you, but it can cause some nasty bruises and I have a friend who broke a bone for it.  And whoops about the typo, hee hee, my "N" key must have derped out on my.  This silly keyboard!  

Also the event itself makes no sense in that the Grineer are trying to use portals to get to the VOID, yet we start out in the DERELICTS with the Grineer using their keys and portal devices to invade the DERELICTS, which are NOT in the void.  Unless DE gave an explanation for that, then that's a pretty major oversight there.

Edited by Beas7ie

It can't kill you, but it can cause some nasty bruises and I have a friend who broke a bone for it.  And whoops about the typo, hee hee, my "N" key must have derped out on my.  This silly keyboard!  

Also the event itself makes no sense in that the Grineer are trying to use portals to get to the VOID, yet we start out in the DERELICTS with the Grineer using their keys and portal devices to invade the DERELICTS, which are NOT in the void.  Unless DE gave an explanation for that, then that's a pretty major oversight there.

The Derelicts are the first step into the Void. If you recall, they got the Excalibur from the Derelicts back in the prologue. From inside of the Derelicts, they would be able to port their way into the Void. It's as simple as just about anything else in this game - look at the trailers of the game and things around you. Draw conclusions and learn how to craft lore for yourself; it's one of those super easy things that most players on these forums can't do by themselves.

Also, just because you don't like the fact that you have to aim, shoot, and survive without your Rhino Prime's 6000 HP Iron Skin being able to protect you, it doesn't mean that the event was bad. Hardly a burnout, either - maybe it could have been three matches or something before switching to the new maps, but who knows. The fact that you had to fight enemies whose attack patterns required you to be accurate and cunning, as well as conditions that required thought and reflex, made this a relative success in my eyes. The fact that my Akbolto could destroy Sprag up until late Phobos struck me as odd, but evened out when it took me around five to nine accurate shots from my Grinlok on early-late Ceres.

By the way, you do understand that the point of any battle in any form is to hit where it hurts the most, right? If they weren't invulnerable, you would have complained just as much about your Boltor Prime ripping through them in seconds, or equally as much if they had super-high damage mitigation. It's one of the three paradigms of damage resistance: invulnerability, armor mitigation, or normal damage. There is absolutely nothing you can do to change that, since every form of damage-dealing with numbers will fall under one of those three. There's no groundbreaking strategy to change that, either, and no one here will ever be able to make anything that changes it - you could add spins to it, but you can't change the foundation. It's simply how numbers interact with numbers.

Exponential enemy power has a much less positive effect than exponentially decreasing player power. (See Tower 4 Survivals...)

Despite the issues with T4 modes I disagree.

I'm not talking about damage and health values as those are effectively the same whether the enemy gets stronger or the player gets weaker.

What I don't enjoy about the players capability being lessened is my warframe powers being effected in duration, length, size (like ending up with a short super jump)..etc.

id like to reinstate what i said on the victory thread.

this event was the very definition of anti-fun. the devs needs to understand this is something to not be repeated. several players had the huge issue that their favorite frames were turned into nothing as they have no skills to flavor them.

the only real saving grace was the caches, wich were completely apart of the event. i hope they are implemented on regular void, as it is they are kind of bland lore-wise and might even be used on regular star chart to give anything to newbies, even credits would be good to a starting player.

if the caches had a small chance for points im certain everyone would be filthy rich hunting those caches. i also heard many players couldnt even reach 15 points to get sheev, this is another even where pubs and starting players couldnt even participate properly

Edited by Eremes

For me, the event was fun and the cache idea quite nice ( <3 50 oxium cache ! ) but the really nasty, no-fun part was the size of the derelict map. Spending around 30mn (if not more) each run to find all the caches was really REALLY bad. The map generation process should have limited the number of room spawing to half was it was. Same event with another, smaller map instead of regular derelict whould have been great.

Edit : Also, 3trd cache with 1 morphic inside = tactical facepalm.

Edited by Tenarsha

Please don't tell me about grind...

h1t6m3l.jpg

Just don't. I will say the things in this event that were positives. Beause Im potentially trying to keep an assertive optimistic outlook with features in our flailing ninja air-dash shooter and if you're willing to continue going to continue down this path. Well then, so, be it you're going to keep going so. Anyway.

1. Rewards for the players in a seperate section are a PLUS. It keeps the gaming community doing what they want to do and the event clearly labelled [Endurance] is good. It's not great. Great comes later. When you accrue more people (I mean benefactors customers)

1a. Hunting the Grineer shiny white cabinet keeps the gaming churning over. Kind of. The players like reward.
- This is good because players like positive, positive rewards. As was discussed with the token system and the void in another post.

1b. Putting in other rewards from other areas like the Dragon Key system. Is kind of a bit of a mix up. It is a very difficult no~no. It is hard to pull off because people want to do different things and it goes everywhere. Some people are like "Oh Corrupted Mods" and other people are like "Oh Grineer Caches" and some of us just want to get to 15. It does work in 1a to bring together players (Good, if you're maybe experimenting with the Dino Hunter idea/Fun with friends?.)
1bi. Is good because the user still has to complete the level to get out and once again player choice.

2. You know how you've got this great obstacle course thing going on? More of this. More Cipher solving. More randomized level generation. More level traps. Could of you included the broken ice floor in the Derelict? Difficulty scaling level procedural generation wise. Yes I know coming up with new bosses is the suck. Because animations, rejigging, recolouring, time and development team numbers. Breeding Grounds dynamic level changing. Yeah move in that right direction.

2a. But with the power artificial nerfing why didn't you do sections of the level that could change duration, range and power strength dynamically -- Breeding Grounds was an interesting in experiment in what could be done. Could the frame nerfing of taken on tile by tile sections?

Whatever you can do easily moderately would be great + a bit of ingenuity, but we'll see.

3. Bosses, timing and spacing - (Ah but have you put in adapting to the situation.)  If you have both bosses in the same area then the players are going to do that. There is a build up to the point and a fall in the kill. If you have other things happen players will want to see what happens next.

If a boss seperates off (potentially what you are going to do when the blue grineer chick ran back through the teleporter, ah yeah it works. If you can go and kill the blue grineer chick. Anyway
http://youtu.be/gk8ZknjYmek?t=3m20s

4. The move in the Derelict tilesets
-- was a potentially positive move because the layout is complex. In the beginning I didn't think the waypoints were clearly sign posted. But then I realised that the Derelict tiles were deceptive and tricky. Very little stoppers/lazers/hazards
4a. Could this potentially be built into a hazards in the event? I don't know for sure.
Could this be more than bullet sponge artificial difficulty?
The potential is yes it can.

But once again. Pacing -- you have a lot of Grineer come out of the portal. But they aren't as threatening. You don't have different enemies come out of the portal. You don't have Eximus come out of the portal. You don't even differentiate the enemies. The level doesn't scale any different from the first experience bar the tileset. There is no decisive opportunity for the player to make the choice of turning on both locks at once to speed up the portal and up the difficulty.

The only thing I didn't appreciate in the event was missing the specifics of the ruleset.

You also stated that:
- Exposure to the Void Portal will begin to affect you. Exposure weakens your Warframe. The effects are cumulative – the more missions you run, the weaker you become.

When it should of read:
- Exposure to the Void Portal will begin to affect you. Exposure weakens your Warframe. The effects are cumulative – so it will weaken your weapons and powers.
or
- The Challenge Node has no Exposure point cap. Keep earning Exposure points for as long as you are capable --- know that your Warfame, companions and weapons will be in an extremely weakened state the further you progress.

Additionally:
- More Exposure points earned = higher Rewards. (Metric your averages)
Do it like Exposure will lead to: (Just an example)

Score 5 (From [Lower level reward - Nanospores], [Lower level reward - T1 key], ???, ???)
Score 10 (From [Medium level reward - Polymer Bundle], [Lower level reward - T2 key], ???, ???)
Score 15 (From [High level reward - Rare resource Cryotic? Maybe], [Lower level reward - T3 key], ???, ???)

The question marks make that part 'the mystery' that Steve so desperately wants.
I'm sure we don't want a repeat of the mod drop tables, which caused much distress.

Another idea is you could put an icon of what the thing looks like (item icon) and not be specific in what the name is.
^^ This is good for events. I don't know about the void updates. However this could work for keeping the mystery on the void updates as people find the various parts to updates.

As for the guy wanting to exit early. Make friends or play solo or better yet make the option at a lower difficulty. That could be another design feature where in events in the lower scoring areas we have "that option" to allow players to start the timer if they reach the exit or just exit seperately. Where as the higher difficulty is fun with friends.

Edited by Kinjeto

I have had the most fun to date during the cryotic front event. Not only was it fun and challenging, it was well thought out and felt new. You didn't have to do multiple runs for your points (which sucks), it actually required teamwork and communication (unlike the rest of the game) and the rewards were decent. I also liked the fact that you needed to complete the event to obtain the cryotic resource needed for the new weapons. In this way, there was a direct link to the event and the general progress of the game.

I hated the gate crash even because it was the complete opposite of these things. It was grindy and not fun enough to repeat beyond 15 exposure points. The mechanic of ‘”increasing difficulty” was pants. If my guns and melee weapons still deal the same damage it doesn’t make it harder really, it just becomes annoying.

Personally, it felt like a really bad version of a T4 Survival mission where your warframe gradually feels more squishy and useless but you can still one shot enemies (???? I mean really). I know people will say something like ‘Why not just go with low rank weapons to make it harder’ but the point is that by design this event didn’t require that much skill.

As usual with this game, you also get A- Holes who run way ahead, bleed out, expect to be revived, then curse you all over the chat when you walk past them. This is after all a co-op shooter; why not punish players who don’t want to play as a team? There is absolutely nothing from stopping players choosing to run solo, yet time and time again they end up in your squad acting like d1ck$.

To make it worse, only some of the rewards in the caches were good.  Generally, I have a problem if you are rewarded with ‘1 argon’ or similar because it’s a resource that I can get more of in an appropriate mission and as a result; it doesn’t feel very much like a reward at all.

The shining light in this event was definitely the mini bosses! They were fun to take down and they actually responded when you killed one, for example ‘She will be remembered Tenno! Who will remember you?’ giving less of a disjointed feel that you get in Phobos.

Overall Gate Crash was ok, if the guys at DE make events more like Cryotic Front (which they are definitely capable of) then it would be awesome!

Really long I know (if you have read up to this point I salute you lol) but I hope that our opinions are taken into consideration.

Jan na!

Edited by MrsUnreal