Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helmets 2.0 Solution To Stats For Both Player Sides

Severuslanskerr

Hi i have thought very long about this problem and i know that its kind of late but the new UI is just PERFEKT for a solution to this ancient problem

please let me explain:

There could be an "statistics" tab just under the helmet like here:

azcu4igt.jpg

http://s7.directupload.net/images/140924/azcu4igt.jpg

And if you have an Arcane helmet the stats should be linked to the helmet (you still own the thing you farmed/you bought without a single change to anything)

tqtd5yvb.jpg

http://s14.directupload.net/images/140924/tqtd5yvb.jpg

If you get a new helmet there are no stats with it and you can set an "essence" you find in other alerts etc... to put the stats in the unslotted helmet:

7xhzlige.jpg

http://s7.directupload.net/images/140924/7xhzlige.jpg

In conclusion this will let "older" players keep their helmet without any changes and newer players get the chance to "replicate" the older arkane helmets ... they have to get 2 alerts (the unslotted helmet and the "essence") later to combine them or to add them to another helmet design

This way there are no "slotted" helmets and no worry for the "mods for helmets" discussions as they are now clearly seperated and NO COSMETICS anymore

Edited by Severuslanskerr

Im an older player to be honsest and my essence helmet is crucial for my build ... but i dislike the look /aesthetics of it so i think that we should let older players keep exactly what they farmed/bought but newers should get a chance to "replicate" the old helmets if they are lucky enough/farm or trade for the essences and the helmets seperately

And to be sincere i dont see why this shouldnt work:

-The stats are NO COSMETICS anymore

-Older players keep their stuff

-Newer players can get the same effects if lucky enough (just like the first helmets in the alerts... its no difference)

-Older Players can keep their stats

-The marked could sell possible new content

-Everybody wins (XD)

-De doesnt need to make more stats as they are slotable for any helmet ... so less work for them!

I really wish they just got rid of stats altogether. I know there are tons of veteran players who think its 'essential' to their builds, but they can bear with it. It's just another example of the veteran = elitist mentality that the game suggests, through both limited time events, and the changes that have happened to lowball people as time goes on.

speaking as a closed beta player who has multiple copies of all arcane helms...

I can see both sides

on one hand, i had nothing against DE's original idea of stats on different cosmetics, i liked the scindo/fragor skins and the tweaks they gave

of course some of the helmets provided FAR more useful buffs vs their debuffs, and other helms offered basically useless stats like stamina, and you either hated the look of the helm but wanted the stats or you wanted the look but hated the stats (in some cases it grew on you either way, which im kind of guessing was their original intent)

but i am also ok with the current setup of no more stats on cosmetics, i think this is really the better way to go in the long run, as it puts more creative control in the hands of the player/customer, which is always a smart move

of course i dont mind having dozens of rare semi-valuable helmets that are unobtainable forevermore, but really, that's only fair, the early bird gets the worm

for example, i didn't buy a GM founder's pack, so ill never get lato/skana primes, but im not about to cry about it

I really wish they just got rid of stats altogether. I know there are tons of veteran players who think its 'essential' to their builds, but they can bear with it. It's just another example of the veteran = elitist mentality that the game suggests, through both limited time events, and the changes that have happened to lowball people as time goes on.

Unfortunately this game breeds elitists due to timed exclusives and due to min/maxing being an essential part of (successfully) playing higher-end content.

I truly feel sorry for new players because of how DE handled the stat helmet situation (which was awful). I, and many other veteran players, argued for a better solution rather than one that would divide the player-base, but DE listened to none of it and chose the easiest solution instead (ie: just remove the problem). Event rewards should also be re-added to the game at some point (like the Brakk) because it sucks for those who simply could not participate.

I believe that the only exclusive content should be: payed content (Prime Access) and the early beta gifts (Lato/Braton Vandal, etc.). If you pay for something exclusive, then it's a kick in the wallet to then make that thing free for anyone to obtain. If the developer gives you a gift for supporting their game in its early stages, then it should also remain exclusive.

Here's the solution to helmet stats: remove them entirely.

Give the players with arcane helmets in their inventory some plat, and take the stats off every helm in existence. Problem solved. IMO that's what they should have done in the first place.

Edited by vaugahn

Unfortunately this game breeds elitists due to timed exclusives and due to min/maxing being an essential part of (successfully) playing higher-end content.

I believe that the only exclusive content should be: payed content (Prime Access) and the early beta gifts (Lato/Braton Vandal, etc.). If you pay for something exclusive, then it's a kick in the wallet to then make that thing free for anyone to obtain. If the developer gives you a gift for supporting their game in its early stages, then it should also remain exclusive.

Spoken like a true pay to win elitist.

I have spent over 100 USD on this game so what sperates me from a prime access player.....nothing. What about the non paying player. Well they have to be able to comptet somehow with the person that can buy all the new items on release. The do this through events and busting ther butts. Yeah alot of arcane helms were just given away but that is the key word given out for free. Do they need some kind of item that would be really cool for a paying player besiced color and other paint jobs. The armors they provide are mostly meh at best. Want to destroy a game make some content pay to play only, a good example of this is Rift.

I have spent over 100 USD on this game so what sperates me from a prime access player.....nothing.

The difference is what you spent that $100 on.

What about the non paying player. Well they have to be able to comptet somehow with the person that can buy all the new items on release.

What about the non-paying player? I've been playing for over 2 years now and I've only spent $10 on the game. I've farmed about 95% of the items that I have, of which I have many, and got the other 5% through trading (with traded platinum). I also have a few syandanas, skins, and color schemes but, again, I used my trade platinum to buy most of them. I am an example of a (mostly) non-paying player and have achieved a lot.

Spoken like a true pay to win elitist.

Everything in the game is obtainable through normal play except cosmetic items, things that have no effect on gameplay whatsoever. I have absolutely no problem with these items being cash items, especially when you can obtain in-game currency through trading. The Prime Access bundles include a frame (which you can obtain normally), a weapon (which you can obtain normally), and cosmetic items (which don't affect gameplay). In my opinion, those items are not worth $100, but if people are willing pay that much to support the game they love, then it needs to be special in some way. Prime packs primarily exist to provide an income boost to DE, so they have to be alluring in some way other than just "pay for these items instead of farming them". Non-exclusive = less interest = less money = less future content.

And really, what are paying for when you buy Prime Access or a new weapon on day one? Convenience, not power. You can still obtain those items through playing the game and you also aren't using them in a PvP environment and, even if you are, you still have to level them first, just like your competition. Literally the only way to buy power is to trade for a ranked mod.

On top of all of this, I even said that stat helms were dealt in an extremely poor manner (screwing over new players) and that event items should be re-added into the game for those who couldn't obtain them. How exactly am I an elitist?

Edited by Ailith

The helmets where always alert rewards(with the stats) ... so even those who bought them knew that there was a chance that the next alert would just give them the "platin paid" item they where after every second for free

Just like the bite mod which could be found anytime killing a kubrow

what i want to tell is that even "elite" players knew this and bought them at the risk of getting them free anyway ...

I just want to have an equal opportunity for every player to obtain those as they have an impact on the warframe performances

And im FINE with elite players still keeping them if they are available somehow in the game at a future state

P.S. im pretty SURE that the event mods and new event items are getting re-added at some point or another ... its too much potential and mostly no work involved in getting them back to the game ...