Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old Parry Glitch Or A Feature?

Sannidor

This seemingly is as old as Melee 2.0...

SOME enemies in stun animation can be strafed around for back/stealth attack.

OTHER when stunned will auto-face front you no matter if strafed or jumped over.

This is not random, each type of enemy will always react the same way.

Obviously, it creates imbalances so I doubt it was intended...

parryglitchgif1a.gif

Edited by Sannidor

As far as I know if you hold channel and block you have a chance to cause them to stagger and use a finisher.

He knows that, what he is pointing out is that some staggered enemies rotate to face you (Despite being staggered) so you can only do a front finisher whereas others stand still allowing you to go around behind them and do a back finisher.

I think this is probably a glitch.  When melee 2.0 was first released, none of the enemies rotated like that, the they updated and most did, I think they just accidentally left some out of the update.

Edited by xXRampantXx

He knows that, what he is pointing out is that some staggered enemies rotate to face you (Despite being staggered) so you can only do a front finisher whereas others stand still allowing you to go around behind them and do a back finisher.

I think this is probably a glitch.  When melee 2.0 was first released, none of the enemies rotated like that, the they updated and most did, I think they just accidentally left some out of the update.

Oh damn, Sorry didn't even notice that.

Looks to me like the one that rotated was the one engaging cover. As soon as enemies discover you from their position behind cover, they automatically face you. The squishy smaller units are pretty dumb and always run at you directly for melee attacks, so stunning them doesn't appear to reset like enemies behind cover.

There is also more than one 'stun' but that doesn't appear related.

Looks to me like the one that rotated was the one engaging cover. As soon as enemies discover you from their position behind cover, they automatically face you. The squishy smaller units are pretty dumb and always run at you directly for melee attacks, so stunning them doesn't appear to reset like enemies behind cover.

There is also more than one 'stun' but that doesn't appear related.

From my experience it does not matter if enemy is alerted, I tested it with Valkyr's stun as well as some combo finishing attacks.

***EDIT*** Valkyr's stun effect of Paralysis works like it should, no automatic rotation when approaching stunned enemy.

I wonder if other players can back stab the auto-facing A******?

I agree it could be related to the AI algorithm, but honestly, why would "smarter" units have sixth sense letting them choose less horrible death?

Edited by Sannidor