Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Quick Shot

VergilDT

I know this idea has been posted before but I wanted to put it up again so it stays fresh in mind if the devs want to implement it.

When using guns, we can also use quick melee attacks. How bout when using equipped melee we get to make "hip shots" with our sidearm? I think it would make a nice stylish addition to combat to be able to throw out a quick kunai or pistol shot at the last 1 or 2 dudes after wiping their buddies with melee combos.

I would also agree with limiting the kind of sidearm that can quick fire. It wouldn't make much sense, not to mention be a bit op/unbalanced(like we don't have enough of that), to be able to quick fire certain weapons like Angstrum or other similar sidearms.

yeah im interested in this... I think some fair ways to make it balanced can be like:

- reduced accuracy (it is a hip shot)

- no reloading

- slower fire rate i suppose?

- in the case of angstrum... not allow it to charge or something?

it would be a method to take out air units while in melee, without having to land a sick zorencoptor attack, or trying to implement air atks or uppercuts

Yeah I think it'll be nice.

They should limit it to only sidearms not primary weapons.

All weapons are now semi-auto fire (so you have to keep clicking to keep shooting regardless of what the weapon usually is).

No reload.

No aiming, hip fire only.

yeah im interested in this... I think some fair ways to make it balanced can be like:

- reduced accuracy (it is a hip shot)

- no reloading

- slower fire rate i suppose?

- in the case of angstrum... not allow it to charge or something?

it would be a method to take out air units while in melee, without having to land a sick zorencoptor attack, or trying to implement air atks or uppercuts

I think this would be the ideal set of suggestions.

"In case this 13k slide attack with the Dragon Nikana wasn't enough, here's a Brakk shot from the hip"

Probably would limit the use of weapons like that

But... That's already possible. Brakk equipped, slide + quickmelee for Dragon Nikana spin, spam leftclick.

It'd be the same exact thing, just for people who want their melee weapon equipped so they can resume using stance attacks, instead of having to delay a moment mid-combat for the slow weapon switch. That's the only real benefit gained, whatever the melee stance would give, which depends on the combos used.

I don't see how it would be much more powerful than the current pistols out + quickmelee, it's just the other way around. It wouldn't really need a penalty such as limiting certain pistols, lowering accuracy/reloading/fire rate/all these other suggestions. Not all stances are equal, so it's probably tough to balance how much a nerf a pistol should get just because the player now has access to a stance.

A change like this would merely make it more convenient for people who primarily stance-melee. This game is all about smooth, fluid ninja combat; there's no reason not to allow people to choose the playstyle they enjoy.

I once posted this idea. But mass reaction was 'DMC' much?

I'd like to see it implemented though. We can do quick sword strikes while shooting, why not the other way around.

Limit it to a non aimed shot where there's a 50/50 chance to miss the target.

Im very interrested in this too, posted a couple of times on feedback,..

i agree that charging shots, like on the angstrum, shouldent be possible, but i very much disagree on the

damage reduction/firerate/Hipshot nerf..

I want to be abel to headshot aincient disrupters, with my Marelock/Lex P., before they get close enough to disrupt me,..

i still hate that you cant go Melee only on the infested faction anymore!...

Edited by D3ST

aim = right click is default for blocking isn't it?

I like the idea, but I think OP should mention how the quickshot is actually carried out using the default input scheme (sure you can change it for yourself).

Right now for me left click toggles channeling on melee weapons, right click is block, and E is to use melee (obviously a PC user). What would I press to perform a quick side-arm fire?

edited typoes.

Edited by TaylorsContraction

I had an idea a while back about adding a "quick fire" button that would automatically fire a shot from your secondary weapon, whether you were in melee only or using your primary weapon.  The idea, as well, was to use Quick Fire and Quick Melee to change the way we switch between Melee Mode and Shooting Mode.

While in shooting mode, repeated, successive use of quick melee would switch you into melee mode seamlessly, instead of you having to hold down the weapon swap key.  While in melee mode, repeated successive use of quick fire would switch you into shooting mode seamlessly, again without necessitating weapon swap.

The nice thing about this idea, I feel, is that it makes it so that Primary, Secondary, and Melee weapons can all be used often and fluidly in the same mission, in the same firefight, without mucking about with swapping weapons.  

Edited by Gelkor

Similar to the post above I think that it should be usable even when not meleeing -

Moreover, in addition to it working with your primary weapon, I think that you be able to use it even with an akimbo secondary weapon.

That is:  I think you should be able to whip out a pistol and shoot a (less accurate shot) that is auto-aimed or quasi auto-aimed in another direction. I mean: we are ninjas, using (often) akimbo weapons. We should be able to shoot at more than one target as some of Warframe's early advertisments and some of the idle poses suggest.

The use of a quick shot button to allow you to fire your sidearm quick;y, from the hip left-handed shot would fit the bill for this and could be useful with:

- Your melee weapon equipped (for obvious reasons that many of you have helpfully pointed out),

- Your main weapon equipped (to save ammo in it, or because you are in the middle of a reload, etc,)...or even i

- An akimbo sidearms (to shoot two different targets simultaneously).  NOTE: this would give some strategic incentive to use akimbo weapons, where presently and since a long time the end game sidearms of choice have been Brakk, Marelok and to a lessor extent well forma'd Pyrana, Detron and Nukor. 

Here are possible limitations to maintain a purpose to equipping the secondary weapon (much like how stances and channeling give incentive to equip your melee stance):

-Quick shot could only be available with sidearms, not main weapons.

-Some have suggested an increase in reload time (which strikes me as wise) but I would go even further: not allow a reload at all. If your pistol or whatever is out of bullets, I am sorry but you would have to switch to sidearm in order to reload it (much like you must presently).

Edited by TennoSimons

Might as well let us dual wield a pistol and sword. Just like Space Marines, naval officers and pirates back during the age of exploration, so on and so forth.

No need for it to be a less accurate "hip shot" and it would give the 1h longswords and daggers a added bonus. Not that the Dakra Prime needs it.

aim = right click is default for blocking isn't it?

I like the idea, but I think OP should mention how the quickshot is actually carried out using the default input scheme (sure you can change it for yourself).

Right now for me left click toggles channeling on melee weapons, right click is block, and E is to use melee (obviously a PC user). What would I press to perform a quick side-arm fire?

edited typoes.

R, perhaps? If the no-reload thing is to be implemented as a balancing factor, then the R key is perfectly available for this sort of thing. The only issue is that it's a bit counterintuitive, since most people are used to R adding ammo to your weapon rather than depleting it.

Flying enemies, cameras, arc traps, grineed disruptor doors.

All of these get in the way of melee-only gameplay. Best scenario, you waste time stopping, switching to your gun, shooting and then switching back, breaking your flow. Worst case scenario, you only have melee weapon in your loadout, in which case... well, tough luck.

So yes, I full support your idea.