Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Character Shadow Bug In Amd Cat. >=14.7

David_Ryder

Since AMD Catalyst driver update 14.7 beta i get messed up character shadows in Warframe.
It looks like my Warframes are getting stalked by a giant square.
230410_screenshots_2014-09-19_.jpg
Now the only driver availiable at amd.com is the new stable 14.9 WHQL driver and the problem persists.
I play on a radeon r9 290x. 
I think this will affect more and more people now so I hope there is something that can be done on the games side because it will take amd at least 3 months to fix this if they even care.

K, had time to update myself to the official 14.9 drivers... but I'm not getting this issue.

14_9_shadows.png

Unless it's intermittent or something.

My GPU is a Radeon HD 5770.

Is your Character Shadow on in Options > Display. Also do you have low as you shadow quality?

Hello Tenno,

Today i installed Windows 8 with all features (DirectX, .NET Framework, etc) and when i downloaded Warframe and open it, i see this black square:

nI393TA.jpg

1erlzLs.jpg

1daWEab.jpg

Anybody know this is an issue or its my own problem?

Sorry for my english.

I actually saw another post about this bug this morning, or perhaps last night to some of you. Didn't get much response but its not just you suffering from it. The other post also wasn't about Nyx Prime so shouldn't be a frame specific issue.

Edited by Jag272

Is your Character Shadow on in Options > Display. Also do you have low as you shadow quality?

Shadows are showing up for me properly on all three quality settings.

Ignore the background talking, didn't bother to mute the skype people for an example vid.

So this is either related to the video card family/model, or other graphical settings.