Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept Revised] Charmelon, The Silent Assassin Warframe (Formerly Cain)

ThySelf

Warframe: Charmelon

Alternate names: Cain/Kira/Hashshashin (I could not decide with name I liked best)

Codex: A Master of the killing arts, this Warframe quickly kills his target before moving on to the next.

Refined Concept:  A stealth based warframe who has decent crowd control, the ability to get out of dangerous situations quickly, and able to do heavy damage to several targets quickly.

Concept: A stealth based Warframe who has Decent Crowd control and can do heavy damage to a single unit. It is heavily reliant on its abilities for both survival and damage.

Physical design possibilities: Skull impression for the face, or a covering mask depicting a death skull. The body itself is reptialian and tattooed. The Body is either seamless and tattooed, or it looks like a skin tight tuxedo or other sharp suit. Main colors are black and red.

BASELINE STATS

HEALTH: 75 (257 max)

POWER: 150 (250 max)

ARMOR: 80

SHIELD CAPACITY: 100 (300 max)

STAMINA: 100

SPRINT SPEED: 1.20

POSSIBLE ABILITIES:

Ability 1a: Identity Swap

Energy: 10 to start, five per second.

Description: Use holographic trickery to make your enemies think you have switched places with someone else.

Effect: You create a hologram of a targeted enemy, while the enemy takes the appearance of your Warframe. The disguised enemy has increased threat level, while you have lowered threat level. Attacking will end the ability, but will guarantee a stealth attack bonus. Stealth attacks do not end the ability.

Ability 1b: Holographic Disguise

Description: Disguise yourself as a random enemy, while reducing muffling your weapons sounds.

Effect: You are cloaked in a hologram of a random enemy type of the faction you are facing, and if they do not see you disguising yourself, they ignore you when you step into sight. Triggering this ability while in combat will causes enemies to stop attacking you for several seconds, giving you the chance to escape while they are confused. This ability also reduces a weapon’s sound by 20/40/60/80 percent. This ability turns off 4 seconds after you first attack. While this ability is on, you can turn of alarms without triggering the ‘intrusion detected’ and traps and cameras do not work on you.

Ability 2a:  Tactical Retreat

Energy: 50

Description:  Escape from tough situations while leaving impediments for those who try to trail you.

Effect:  Increases movement speed by 80% for 4/5/6/7 seconds. Every second, you release Caltrops at your current location (Which will remain for 4/5/6/7 seconds) that do a 50/75/100/125 damage when stepped on while also slowing down enemies for several seconds..

Ability 2b: Escape Route

Description: Throw a teleport beacon down, and later teleport you and surrounding foes or allies to it’s location when triggered.

Effect:  Throws a beacon straight forward when first activated, where it embeds itself in whatever it contacts. It remains for  15/20/25/30 seconds before deactivating. When  the ability is used again, it teleports you and anything within a 1/3/5/7 meter radius around you to the beacon. Deals 100/150/200/250 electric damage with a 100% proc chance. Also heals health/shield 1% for every second the beacon was activated for.

Ability 3a: Sabotage

Energy: 75

Description: Throw a bomb which disrupts technological systems, weakening foes

Effect: Throws a bomb forward that explodes on contact, dealing 25/50/75/100 damage, which has an radius of 9/12/15/18 meters, effecting everything within the blast radius. For 6/9/12/15 seconds, decreases enemy damage by 10/25/40/55 percent, weakens armor by 5/10/15/20 percent, and causes enemy effects to malfunction, such as shield osprey  reducing enemies shields or auras weakening foes instead of boosting them, or rollers attacking their allies.

Ability 3b:  Specialty Trap

Description: Throw down a trap that deals heavy damage and has a high chance of deliberating them.

Effect: Throws a bomb forward that only explodes when there is an enemy in it’s proximity. One second after it’s activated, it pops up and explodes with a 8/12/16/20 meter radius, dealing 100/150/200/250 damage of impact, puncture, and slash damage, dealing  300/450/600/750 damage in total, with a 75% chance of inflicting status effects for each damage type. In addition, does an additional 50/75/100/125 elemental damage of the type(s) your current weapon has, with a 50% chance of causing a status effect from that/those elements.

Ability 4a: Execution

Energy: 100

Description: Rush down an enemy and stun them with your melee, before shooting them in the back.

Effect:  Charges forward at 45/54/63/72 meters for .50 seconds. Upon contact or if an enemy if 1 meter away from him, does a spin attack as he maneuvers behind him, stunning them before aiming at the enemies back and firing at them with their selected weapon for a guarantee critical hit at 1.25/1.50/1.75/2.00  times the normal critical hit damage. After the attack, Continues in the direction of the cursor for the meters that where left until his charge ended, allowing him to hit multiple targets until he reaches the full length of his charge.If the spin attack would have killed the target, kills them while continuing charging forward. Does not have invincibility frames.

NOTE: Original ability concept -

Ability 4a: Execution

Description: Rush down an enemy and stun them with your melee, before shooting them in the back.

Effect:  Charges forward at 45/54/63/72 meters for .50 seconds. Upon contact or if an enemy if 1 meter away from him, doing a spin attack as he maneuvers behind him, stunning them before aiming at the enemies back and firing at them with their selected weapon for a guarantee critical hit at 1.25/1.50/1.75/2.00  times the normal critical hit damage. Does not have invincibility frames.

Ability 4b: Death Mark

Description: Mark several foes for death, rewarding those who succeed in killing them.

Effect:  Targets 2/3/3/4 foes within 50 meters, marking them on the map and causing him to either glow or have a glowing hologram above his head, lasting for 13/15/17/19 seconds. All attack damage, status effects chance, and critical hit chance against him is increased by 10/15/20/25 percent. When killed, drops double the loot it normally would have, and rewards the killer with 15/25/35/45 percent health and shields, plus 10/25/35/50 energy.

Ability 4b: Death Mark

Description: Single out a foe for assignation, rewarding those who succeed in killing him.

Effect:  Targets a random foe within 50 meters, marking him on the map and causing him to either glow or have a glowing hologram above his head, lasting for 13/15/17/19 seconds. All attack damage, status effects chance, and critical hit chance against him is increased by 10/15/20/25 percent. When killed, drops double the loot it normally would have, and rewards the killer with 15/25/35/45 percent health and shields, plus 10/25/35/50 energy.

Original/ 'Favored' weapon: Either a silenced pistol with a high critical  chance, or a single shot sniper rifle, with good zoom and excellent critical chance and damage.

End Note: Please tell me what you think of this concept and any problems or format/spelling errors you see. Also, which name do you think suits him best?

EDIT: Changed the title, because agreed with a poster that it was too much.

EDIT 2: Changed the Title again, because I was in a rush when I first posted it, and changed the possible name to one a poster suggested, because I liked it more. Also edited both abilities four, to make them more unique and useful against more then one target. I Would also like to hear which abilities you like and which ones you don't.

Edited by ThySelf

There's a few problems. The biggest is that his main idea (sheath, high single target damage) overlaps with Ash. Also, "OMG Assassin" isn't a very good theme, because ALL TENNO are Bad Ace assassins. I love that new players are always trying to inspire DE, but you should play every frame, or at least read the whole wiki, before posting your New So Original Warframe Idea .

Giving this title as "The Professional Assassin" made me dislike the topic.

Also, "Favored Weapon" is....too much.

Which I changed- Didn't like it myself, but had a tough time figuring out a 'better' title. And Favored weapon is basically the weapon that comes out with each warframe and is part of their picture in the codex.

There's a few problems. The biggest is that his main idea (sheath, high single target damage) overlaps with Ash. Also, "OMG Assassin" isn't a very good theme, because ALL TENNO are Bad Ace assassins. I love that new players are always trying to inspire DE, but you should play every frame, or at least read the whole wiki, before posting your New So Original Warframe Idea .

I have read the wiki on all the warframes, and I was trying to make another option for a stealth based warframe other then Ash and Loki. And I was basing him off of the popular depictions from pop culture of 'modern' assassin. Also, making a stealth warframe is tough because of how it relies on the principles that ash already uses.

I do know that it is rough, which Is why I am posting it here for feedback on what changes I could make to make it more different then the current frames in the game.

Warframe: Cain/Kira/Hashshashin (I could not decide with name I liked best)

Codex: A Master of the killing arts, this Warframe quickly kills his target before moving on to the next.

Concept: A stealth based Warframe who has Decent Crowd control and can do heavy damage to a single unit. It is heavily reliant on its abilities for both survival and damage.

Physical design possibilities: Skull impression for the face, or a covering mask depicting a death skull. The Body is either seamless and tattooed, or it looks like a skin tight tuxedo or other sharp suit. Main colors are black and red.

BASELINE STATS

HEALTH: 75 (257 max)

POWER: 150 (250 max)

ARMOR: 80

SHIELD CAPACITY: 100 (300 max)

STAMINA: 100

SPRINT SPEED: 1.20

POSSIBLE ABILITIES:

Ability 1a: Identity Swap

Description: Use holographic trickery to make your enemies think you have switched places with someone else.

Effect: You create a hologram of a targeted enemy, while the enemy takes the appearance of your Warframe. The disguised enemy has increased threat level, while you have lowered threat level. Attacking will end the ability, but will guarantee a stealth attack bonus. Stealth attacks do not end the ability.

Ability 1b: Holographic Disguise

Description: Disguise yourself as a random enemy, while reducing muffling your weapons sounds.

Effect: You are cloaked in a hologram of a random enemy type of the faction you are facing, and if they do not see you disguising yourself, they ignore you when you step into sight. Triggering this ability while in combat will causes enemies to stop attacking you for several seconds, giving you the chance to escape while they are confused. This ability also reduces a weapon’s sound by 20/40/60/80 percent. This ability turns off 4 seconds after you first attack. While this ability is on, you can turn of alarms without triggering the ‘intrusion detected’ and traps and cameras do not work on you.

Ability 2a:  Tactical Retreat

Description:  Escape from tough situations while leaving impediments for those who try to trail you.

Effect:  Increases movement speed by 80% for 4/5/6/7 seconds. Every second, you release Caltrops at your current location (Which will remain for 4/5/6/7 seconds) that do a 50/75/100/125 damage when stepped on while also slowing down enemies for several seconds..

Ability 2b: Escape Route

Description: Throw a teleport beacon down, and later teleport you and surrounding foes or allies to it’s location when triggered.

Effect:  Throws a beacon straight forward when first activated, where it embeds itself in whatever it contacts. It remains for  15/20/25/30 seconds before deactivating. When  the ability is used again, it teleports you and anything within a 1/3/5/7 meter radius around you to the beacon. Deals 100/150/200/250 electric damage with a 100% proc chance. Also heals health/shield 1% for every second the beacon was activated for.

Ability 3a: Sabotage

Description: Throw a bomb which disrupts technological systems, weakening foes

Effect: Throws a bomb forward that explodes on contact, dealing 25/50/75/100 damage, which has an radius of 9/12/15/18 meters, effecting everything within the blast radius. For 6/9/12/15 seconds, decreases enemy damage by 10/25/40/55 percent, weakens armor by 5/10/15/20 percent, and causes enemy effects to malfunction, such as shield osprey  reducing enemies shields or auras weakening foes instead of boosting them, or rollers attacking their allies.

Ability 3b:  Specialty Trap

Description: Throw down a trap that deals heavy damage and has a high chance of deliberating them.

Effect: Throws a bomb forward that only explodes when there is an enemy in it’s proximity. One second after it’s activated, it pops up and explodes with a 8/12/16/20 meter radius, dealing 100/150/200/250 damage of impact, puncture, and slash damage, dealing  300/450/600/750 damage in total, with a 75% chance of inflicting status effects for each damage type. In addition, does an additional 50/75/100/125 elemental damage of the type(s) your current weapon has, with a 50% chance of causing a status effect from that/those elements.

Ability 4a: Execution

Effect:  Charges forward at 45/54/63/72 meters for .50 seconds. Upon contact or if an enemy if 1 meter away from him, doing a spin attack as he maneuvers behind him, stunning them before aiming at the enemies back and firing at them with their selected weapon for a guarantee critical hit at 1.25/1.50/1.75/2.00  times the normal critical hit damage. Does not have invincibility frames.

Ability 4b: Death Mark

Description: Single out a foe for assignation, rewarding those who succeed in killing him.

Effect:  Targets a random foe within 50 meters, marking him on the map and causing him to either glow or have a glowing hologram above his head, lasting for 13/15/17/19 seconds. All attack damage, status effects chance, and critical hit chance against him is increased by 10/15/20/25 percent. When killed, drops double the loot it normally would have, and rewards the killer with 15/25/35/45 percent health and shields, plus 10/25/35/50 energy.

Favored weapon: Either a silenced pistol with a high critical  chance, or a single shot sniper rifle, with good zoom and excellent critical chance and damage.

End Note: Please tell me what you think of this concept and any problems or format/spelling errors you see. Also, which name do you think suits him best?

EDIT: Changed the title, because agreed with a poster that it was too much.

Not bad , chameleon is preferable as name