Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hysteria Alters Behavior Of Melee Weapon After Expiration

PsycloneM

So I'm sure you all are aware at this point that prompted finishers will deal a high percentage of your melee weapon's total damage as finisher damage, and that the exact percentage depends on the weapon that's used. For instance, finishers caused by hammers deal 24x total melee damage.

Here is a Fragor with 55 base damage and +60% damage from Steel Charge:

gtx2S0i.jpg

55 x 1.6 x 24 = 2112. Notice how the finisher animation utilizes the Fragor as you would expect.

I activated Hysteria. After the ability expired I performed another finisher, and here's what I'm seeing:

PAxaLkt.jpg

Not only is Valkyr performing a finisher animation as if she has a Furax or any other fist weapon equipped, but the finisher damage has been reduced. Finishers from fist weapons deal 16x total melee damage:

55 x 1.6 x 16 = 1408.

So it seems to be the case that once Hysteria expires, the melee weapon performs finishers as if a fist weapon was equipped. On a side note, it should also be noted that Hysteria's prompted finishers and ground finishers still use fist weapon animations and not the customized animations displayed in a particular devstream. I'm curious if this is a related issue.

It's also the same for stealth finishers, instead of the weapon's normal stealth finisher, after using hysteria valkyr always perform the fist stealth finisher (neck breaking).

From your screenshot, it also appears that valkyr wasn't performing the hammer finisher, with the melee channeling trail being different and all...

So I'm sure you all are aware at this point that prompted finishers will deal a high percentage of your melee weapon's total damage as finisher damage, and that the exact percentage depends on the weapon that's used. For instance, finishers caused by hammers deal 24x total melee damage.

Here is a Fragor with 55 base damage and +60% damage from Steel Charge:

gtx2S0i.jpg

55 x 1.6 x 24 = 2112. Notice how the finisher animation utilizes the Fragor as you would expect.

I activated Hysteria. After the ability expired I performed another finisher, and here's what I'm seeing:

PAxaLkt.jpg

Not only is Valkyr performing a finisher animation as if she has a Furax or any other fist weapon equipped, but the finisher damage has been reduced. Finishers from fist weapons deal 16x total melee damage:

55 x 1.6 x 16 = 1408.

So it seems to be the case that once Hysteria expires, the melee weapon performs finishers as if a fist weapon was equipped. On a side note, it should also be noted that Hysteria's prompted finishers and ground finishers still use fist weapon animations and not the customized animations displayed in a particular devstream. I'm curious if this is a related issue.

dem calculations

What finisher? The one on non-alerted enemies?  its 4x across the board. Then some antoher internal finisher multy from weapon or stance

He is talking about the ground finisher, the one that is actually referred to as a finisher in mods (Finishing Touch). The one you are referring to is the stealth finisher. Stealth is always 4x, but ground can vary.

"Prompted finisher" refers to stealth finishers and counterattack finishers, both of which prompt the player to press a button to execute the attack. Both of these executions deal the same amount of damage and damage type. None of the screenshots I took are of ground finishers.

Attacks (not finishers) on unalerted enemies deal 4x damage across the board. Prompted finishers increase that multiplier further, depending on the type of weapon, and also change the damage type.

The point of the post was to show that Hysteria will cause the equipped weapon to behave like a fist weapon in regards to prompted finisher animations and their damage calculations. I also wanted to point out that all of Valkyr's finisher animations, including ground finishers, still use fist weapon animations while Hysteria is active.

Thanks, Rebecca. I'll check it out later tonight to see if everything's cleared up.

Just updating this topic after a bit of testing.

• The issue with Hysteria has been resolved. After ending Hysteria, the Fragor's counterattack finisher inflicts 2112 damage and uses the correct animation.
  • Hysteria's finisher animations (including ground finishers) still use Furax animations. This is one example of a finisher animation that was shared on a devstream that Valkyr currently does not use.
  • Stealth finishers and counterattack finishers used to have the same damage formula. Using the same Fragor with 55 base damage and +60% base damage, both finishers should be dealing 55 x 1.6 x 24 = 2112 damage. However, instead of using the finisher damage multiplier for hammers, stealth finishers are using the default 16x multiplier.

gZFprb7.jpg

That's 55 x 1.6 x 16 = 1408 damage for the Fragor's stealth finisher. The animation is correct: Valkyr kicks down on the Lancer's leg and clobbers him. It's the damage that does not reflect the weapon Valkyr is using. I should mention that Hysteria was not involved in this test, so the issue appears to be present at all times.

Edited by PsycloneM

No problem and agreed! My post was very last-minute in regards to this week's patch release, and we received confirmation of an upcoming fix in less than 12 hours.

There are still a couple of issues to work out: stealth finishers and counterattack finishers no longer deal the same damage, and Valkyr still uses Furax animations while performing finishers in Hysteria. I posted what appears to be Valkyr's finisher animation that's executed from behind, and this

seems to be the one executed that's from the front. None of these animations are used in-game.

I'll discuss the animations in a relevant forum as I wouldn't consider their absence to be bugs.