Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wyverne, The Dragon Warframe

Clay_Blockss

Alright everyone, hello! So i had an amazing idea while looking at zephyr and thinking, what else flies? And so, Wyverne was born. A child of Orokin mythology, he destroys his foes with wing, claw, and his deadly dragon breath. I will get a concept uploaded of his appearance as soon as I can. I'm working on the little details right now, and I think it looks quite nice. Now, onto powers. I gave them some thought, and i don't think they're too OP at the moment, but tell me what you think in the comments. Okay so first, Gale. Wings made of wyverne's energy shoot out of his back, and he then flaps them once violently in the enemy's direction, creating a strong wind that will knock them back 10/20/25+stun/full ragdoll.

Second, Using a dragon's claws, Wyverne slashes the enemy standing before him for 100/150/200/300 damage. I think this one may need some work. Third, Wyverne unleashes a dragon's breath from deep within himself. It could be by default fire, but i was thinking maybe mods like fire or frost resistance could change the damage type. Finally, the ult. I had to find a way to make this AOE, so i drew some slight inspiration from ember's fire blast.(don't worry, this one won't be as bad XD) Anyway, Fourth power, raze, Wyvern Flies up into the air with his wings, and breathes molten fire unto the ground below, creating a smoldering wasteland that burns both ground and the people on it. Afterward, the flames could smolder for a little, doing 2/3/5/10 damage per tick. I may need some advice for damage on the initial output. Anyway, what do you guys think? I would love for you to tell me down below, feedback is appreciated :D! BTW, once I upload a concept, I'll also add stats. I have to think of these for a while. 

I like it and I love the name! something you might want to do is cut this paragraph into sections for, concept art, name and lore, abilities, and extra little tidbits, it was kind of hard to make ends meet while reading this. But overall interesting concept.

Alright everyone, hello! So i had an amazing idea while looking at zephyr and thinking, what else flies? And so, Wyverne was born. A child of Orokin mythology, he destroys his foes with wing, claw, and his deadly dragon breath. I will get a concept uploaded of his appearance as soon as I can. I'm working on the little details right now, and I think it looks quite nice. Now, onto powers. I gave them some thought, and i don't think they're too OP at the moment, but tell me what you think in the comments. Okay so first, Gale. Wings made of wyverne's energy shoot out of his back, and he then flaps them once violently in the enemy's direction, creating a strong wind that will knock them back 10/20/25+stun/full ragdoll.

Second, Using a dragon's claws, Wyverne slashes the enemy standing before him for 100/150/200/300 damage. I think this one may need some work. Third, Wyverne unleashes a dragon's breath from deep within himself. It could be by default fire, but i was thinking maybe mods like fire or frost resistance could change the damage type. Finally, the ult. I had to find a way to make this AOE, so i drew some slight inspiration from ember's fire blast.(don't worry, this one won't be as bad XD) Anyway, Fourth power, raze, Wyvern Flies up into the air with his wings, and breathes molten fire unto the ground below, creating a smoldering wasteland that burns both ground and the people on it. Afterward, the flames could smolder for a little, doing 2/3/5/10 damage per tick. I may need some advice for damage on the initial output. Anyway, what do you guys think? I would love for you to tell me down below, feedback is appreciated :D! BTW, once I upload a concept, I'll also add stats. I have to think of these for a while. 

BRO! WE HAVE A COMMON IDEA!

:D

So I tried to come up with something like this a looooong time ago and made a horrible sketch of it... Might wana check out the post tho just to see some of the stuff posted there :)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/178039-dragon-frame/

Isn't a Wyvern usually viewed as a "poison-dragon"? (although i don't know if i'd even call it a dragon, but that is another issue did a quick google, seems to be quite rooted as dragonish, just me that associate it with more of the "nazgul-steed" look perhaps).
Maybe some of the skills could use a bit of poison/corrosive?

Edited by Lactamid

Isn't a Wyvern usually viewed as a "poison-dragon"? (although i don't know if i'd even call it a dragon, but that is another issue did a quick google, seems to be quite rooted as dragonish, just me that associate it with more of the "nazgul-steed" look perhaps).

Maybe some of the skills could use a bit of poison/corrosive?

a wyvern can be a multitude of elements but you are on the right track and this concept would be lovely to see happen im in need of a new warframe that isnt prime and or generic 

Hmmmm No idea why the image is gone.... Should be there.... There is a bunch of concept art on the 2nd page tho where other ppl designed it...

good so i`m not bugged lol, phew T.T

can you describe how it looked like? or maybe upload again here? ^_^

Edited by Bizzaro21

BRO! WE HAVE A COMMON IDEA!

:D

So I tried to come up with something like this a looooong time ago and made a horrible sketch of it... Might wana check out the post tho just to see some of the stuff posted there :)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/178039-dragon-frame/

so I love this idea and really wanna see it come alive what you guys think of making a new planet I know some are saying that let's stick to our solar system and moons but it might be time to expand I mean I did just post a new planet forum maybe check it out I wanna hear your guys ideas since this warframe concept originated from the both of you and I have a concept for a boss just not the art or the full idea down please help collaborate and let's get this mythical warframe not a myth anymore but into the breathing world of warframe

I did just post a new planet forum maybe check it out I wanna hear your guys ideas since this warframe concept originated from the both of you and I have a concept for a boss just not the art or the full idea down please help collaborate and let's get this mythical warframe not a myth anymore but into the breathing world of warframe

what is that topic called? so i can check it out.

What the skills sound like :

skill 1: stun+ frontal conal dmg

Skill 2: dmg

skill 3: frontal conal dmg + dot

skill 4: AOE dmg+ lowest dmg dot in-game

= dmg that maybe lasts till lvl 50 enemies and then they get to strong, making him pretty useless, since you deal more dmg with other Wfs/weapons

= 0 utility

= bad endgame warframe and fire theme copy of ember

like the 1st skill since it gives some utility <-- probably will only equip this skill and leave out 2+3+4

What the skills sound like :

skill 1: stun+ frontal conal dmg

Skill 2: dmg

skill 3: frontal conal dmg + dot

skill 4: AOE dmg+ lowest dmg dot in-game

= dmg that maybe lasts till lvl 50 enemies and then they get to strong, making him pretty useless, since you deal more dmg with other Wfs/weapons

= 0 utility

= bad endgame warframe and fire theme copy of ember

like the 1st skill since it gives some utility <-- probably will only equip this skill and leave out 2+3+4

It doesnt have to have the same elemental damage as Ember but it would be nice having a cross damage warframe ya know a wyvern can be any element not just fire

He posted fire dmg as his main dmg in his post so i responded to that and NO a cross dmg warframe would not be nice.

Utility warframes far outplay dmg warframes in the long run, since the dmg you do with your weapons is way higher than dmg skills that warframes have (if it isnt a scaling skill)

if you want pure dmg frames play saryn or ember and even those have utility skills which are the most usefull of the skillset they are given.

Edited by Seyenas

Thanks for the input, Ill work on the utility, but as i said in my post, the damage could be arguable, i dont want another crush. The truth is for the last one, I have no idea how much damage is considered balanced. If you make it too high, it gets a bit too OP. Too low, you have mag's ult. We don't want that. Concept up soon btw. I would love to see other people's concepts too.

Ok. Some thought has been put into skills two and three. I don't really want to change up the fourth too much, and im trying to keep this thing grounded on one element if possible. For the third ability, perhaps a mobility tool utilizing the wings? This, however, has a bit in common with zephyr's first power, and therefore is a bit iffy. Second, perhaps some kind of power giving control over enemies through a fear effect which occurs when they "come to their senses". Only other things i can think of would be more oriented around the slash/impact/puncture damage types, which haven't really been seen all that much in frames, but for the long run, dont have much of a place. The second ability could be buffed a bit, as I can see why the raw damage would be more useless than useful. Once you hit those top tier missions, there isnt much room for em. So what about a power called cleansing fire or something, possibly a move where the claws are pulled out and slammed into the ground. This could cause a radial "fire"n that damages enemies and gives a buff to teammates fire resistance with a slight amount of regen. I do like the idea of keeping the claws somehow, but i found a way to rework them, giving him a type of kick utilizing his dragon strength legs to send people careening into walls. Only problem here.... basically useless due to the first power's existence :I. Tell me what you guys think, especially you seyenas. If you feel it's needed, perhaps some power suggestions?

Epiphany. Boom. The wings, which in my concept are made from his void energy and retract until needed, could be spread around him to protect from damage. This could act as a fully mobile snowglobe type ability, wrapping a large area in his wings, BUT.... he can still be damaged from behind, because that is where the wings are coming from. This ability could potentially protect allies and provide cover, with the drawback being that said team has to watch their backs. Im still working on the fourth power rework. I want him to fly up and do something. Perhaps I'll draw some inspiration from the dragon crash type event in skyrim, where they plow into the ground and make a big long trench. 

Edited by TheBlueHydraDude

we dont have a dragon warframe in game yet, and to be honest, i didnt really feel that the design of the other dragon frame concept was all that tenno- like. The lore was good though, and the abilities well thought out, i just didnt like the design, thought this may be an improvement. Call me crazy. 

This could act as a fully mobile snowglobe type ability, wrapping a large area in his wings, BUT.... he can still be damaged from behind, because that is where the wings are coming from. This ability could potentially protect allies and provide cover, with the drawback being that said team has to watch their backs

much like electric shield except that it moves....

hmm skill suggestions

Dragons bastion (3):

AOE-continous-de/buff

Drains armour + damage of enemies inside by a percentage (making it viable in end-game) (instant and not continous)

and giving a percentage of that damage to dmg dealing warframe skills (making it more viable to take dmg dealing WFs into higher end missions + the effect only applies if enemies are inside the area of effect)

(double percentage base calculation decreases OPness/balancing issues go to DE so dont worry about it)

Note: that it is not a shield of any sort and enemies outside of the area, will still shoot from outside therefore not replacing frost`s utility in group play but creating an own skill that is viable in endgame

The way it works is simple (actually its not):

1. Every enemy inside the radius(affected by range mods) is debuffed(armour+damage) by a set percentage (increasable with strength mods)

2. The total of that damage reduction is applied to Warframe dmg skills as dmg reduced by a percentage

3. Enemies gain back damage+ armour as they leave the AOE and you lose the percentage of the damage as buff

Example:

10 enemies lvl 107 with ~600 dps (pod crewman maybe) enter the zone and their armour is reduced by 20% and their damage is reduced by 30% (increasable by strength mods)

Calc: (600/1.3)*10=4615 (since we have 10 enemies *10)

Now 80% of that damage is applied as total damage to damage dealing warframe abilities  

(percentage can be increased by strength mods)

Calc: 4615*0.8= 3692

3692 dmg is applied to every warframe damaging ability of group members INSIDE the AOE of dragons bastion

Now the 2nd skill is a problem to me atm but i will surely come up with something (going to edit this later if you need me to)

I will post my opinion on your skill ideas on the next comment just wanted to get this out

Edited by Seyenas