Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tailwind And Dive Bomb Rework

DrBorris

The codex states that Zephyr “dominates from above”, we all know that not to be true. For the most part, Zephyr just uses air to her advantage. I am proposing a rework of her first two abilities to make her dominate from the air.

In order to dominate from the sir, Zephyr needs to have an ability to stay in the air. So, I recommend that after Zephyr shoots up into the air when using tailwind, she then stays in the air. It would be a (very slow) energy drain over time and can just be canceled by using tailwind again to have gravity affect her so that she can fall. Also, when in the suspended state, zephyr can move in any direction at a walking pace, so you are not limited to stay exactly where you are. Zephyr could strafe back and forth, gain some more altitude (slowly) and just position herself whenever she wanted.

Dive bomb would act more like the second part of tailwind (when in the air already) than it does now. Dive Bomb could be used either the same as Tailwind (once in the air) is now, or be used to “Dive” to the ground. The difference in actions would be based on the angle you are aiming. If you are aiming within 45 degrees of a vertical axis down toward the ground, zephyr will fly in that direction until she impacts the ground and does her normal impact from Dive Bomb. If you aim any higher than that, it will work the same way as Tailwind currently does (Distance based on duration).

Most of the ideas are inspired by ideas by other people, I just tried to refine them to a point of implementation. A change of the names of the abilities would probably be necessary, but that can be figured out later. What do you all think?

shes good the way it is making her fly will make her useless is most tilesets 

You don't understand.

Tail Wind only has the 'jump' function now, and keeps her in the air as a toggle where she can hover above the ground and attack from there. This has several tactical advantages, since she can hit enemies behind cover and avoid melee units entirely.

The 'dash' function of Tail Wind is merged with Dive Bomb, which changes behavior based on the angle you cast it.

Honestly I'd just make it so that Tail Wind impacts upon collision with anything just so there's some benefit to slamming into a wall or obstacle with a high duration, no need to have specific angles for casting.

Sure it's a bit situational, but no more than Dive Bomb is now. Also would make Zephyr even more devastating in open rooms, capable of literally carrying out air-strikes. If you don't like the idea, you'd still be able to slot Dive Bomb in lieu of Tail Wind for the dash flight.

Edited by Draciusen

Honestly I'd just make it so that Tail Wind impacts upon collision with anything just so there's some benefit to slamming into a wall or obstacle with a high duration, no need to have specific angles for casting.

Yeah, that would probably be simpler (and better). Then give Zephyr normal gravity after using tailwind so she can get to the ground quickly.

i like this, 1 becomes superjump with a toggleable glide/hover effect and dive bomb becomes the 360 degree slash dash. Neat fix, always hated dive bomb. +1 from me

And if you touch the ground, it deals AoE knockdown (Dive Bomb). +1

Edited by jjpdn