Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fixed] Losing Control After Melee Attacks (Sheathing)

Rydian

So there's been a number of complaints and threads about this bug, but I finally found a place where reproducing this bug is very easy so I can show it and devs can test it...

I'm rapidly tapping the melee attack button the entire time, but you can see that after going over the raised potion I stop to sheath the weapon.  During this time Warframe does not respond to any attempts to attack or do anything with weapons.

The weapon I'm using here is a single Kama (though it happens with pretty much every emlee weapon), and this is in one of the large rooms of the Orokin Derelict tileset.

EDIT: Fixed in 15.11.2.

Edited by Rydian

im not shure, but maybe the game simply lags sometimes ?

we all have not the perfect computers and the game cant be created perfect, perfection is a illusion or a "killer-argument" for farming money in economy which is basically useless, even that its "not allowed" to say that :-))))))))))))))))))

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still a problem in 15.8.1.

n8GQhaW.gif

I'm tapping E repeatedly during the gif, but you can see that I stop attacking in order to do my sheathing animation.

If, while doing a normal ground melee attack, you make contact with the ground, you lose the ability to attack until your sheathing animation is done.  This can be a deadly loss of control situation if you end up moving your way into enemies when this is triggered.

• 3 weeks later...

15.10, still here.  I realize that since the addition of air melee attacks this is harder to replicate, but it still happens, and often leaves you with no control of your warframe after a melee attack, which is generally close to enemies... so it happens in less situations but it's just as deadly.

And come on... this is a situation where the character's controls are unresponsive, this isn't some minor animation bug.

Can we at least get a reply after 2+ months of this?

Edited by Rydian

Yeah I brought somebody new into the game, and he got annoyed because he kept running into this bug and getting killed and it disheartened him because he dies [size=6]due to losing all input control of his character[/size] until the animation finishes.

Just in case it wasn't clear to the devs... because they may be thinking this is just an animation bug or something.