Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe (Boss) Speedrunner And Casual Developer Here! (Any Others :o?)

Celestics

I haven't done this yet, better now than never! :)

Hey all, I'm a veteran of Warframe (U7 I think?) and it's time for me to say hi here! I've posted a couple of times in the forums, but never really made an introduction yet. So... who am I?

[1] I am a speedrunner of Warframe -- wait, huh?

"LOL, how does one speedrun warframe?!" - A lot of common reactions I get haha.

And the answer to this question is on my Twitch http://www.twitch.tv/celestics/profile'>channel, which I stream to occasionally.

I speedrun bosses.

...I do it because it's fun.

...And because I like going >9000 fasts/hour.

...Aaaand because bananas. Well, not like I eat them or anything... :p (No really :o)

[2] I also develop stuff! I am a CS student right now in college, and at the moment I'm trying to get the Myo working with Warframe as a side-project for fun! http://www.twitch.tv/celestics/c/5267660'>Check it out! Even if I derp more with it than anything xD

[3] I love food. :X

So come on by and give a hello when I'm streaming! I'll make sure to give you a warm and fuzzy welcome *_*

Any questions? Ask away (especially fooood)! I'll try to answer when I can... >:]

Relevant Forum Post

Edited by Celestics

Welcome

How big is the speed running scene for warframe? 

Not that big to be honest. In fact, I feel like I'm one of the only ones that regularly does this :| That being said, similar challenges were proposed before (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/286566-challenge-hardcore-boss-rush/)!

speedrunners should be fed massive amounts of exlax and tied to the railroad tracks with a train coming....other than that, howdy.

Ouch lol :P Yeah I can see where you're coming from, but imo most of them are really nice! That is, until you find out some of them take your favorite games and pretty much pummel them in the face while they're on the railroad tracks (not me though hopefully!) :o

Edited by Celestics

A little notice to say that speedrunners != rushers. Speedrunners are cool & can be teammates. :)

Hi(den) tenno.

Yep! I'm a rusher when I play Solo, but I'll usually fill in necessary roles with a team :P

Welcome. Something similar happened to me, Im pretty new here but Im old in-game.

I will check you out! 

Thanks! I hope the stream is enjoyable :)

Make a rules post for speed running with the types that already exist current records Please ;) 

so we cans compare times

Records probably aren't needed at this point haha (not a lot of people speedrun the bosses, so yeah :P). As for a rules post... it's pretty free-form right now. The most relevant I could find was in this post a while back: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/286566-challenge-hardcore-boss-rush/

Warframe doesn't have real bosses.

(Salad V must be feeling a bit sad right now... :o) True, the bosses are quite easy with the right equipment, but slap item/speed restrictions and the energy/conclave rating problem becomes way more interesting :)

Welcome, and glad to have you around

Really nice "thing" you have there on your arm, what did you do to make it work with Warframe?

Reminds me of the time I tried to get my hacked x360 kinect to work with battlefield and other games using Faast. Worked well for a short time, but the software got updated and I can't seem to get it working any longer, it just works as my stream cam now. I will make it work one day...

Anyways, hope to see ya in the field! Don't become too much of a speedrunner, people get pissed at those things (including myself sometimes, but if you do it solo, I don't have a problem with it)

Welcome, and glad to have you around

Really nice "thing" you have there on your arm, what did you do to make it work with Warframe?

Reminds me of the time I tried to get my hacked x360 kinect to work with battlefield and other games using Faast. Worked well for a short time, but the software got updated and I can't seem to get it working any longer, it just works as my stream cam now. I will make it work one day...

Anyways, hope to see ya in the field! Don't become too much of a speedrunner, people get &!$$ed at those things (including myself sometimes, but if you do it solo, I don't have a problem with it)

Thank you :) The armband is called a Myo, and it can recognize hand gestures and arm orientation through the electrical signals in your muscles! I just mapped the data to mouse movements to control the camera and shooting, but it's still in an early state (you can probably tell by the video lol).

Ah don't worry about the rushing ordeal, I only speedrun solo or with my friends. Otherwise, I'll usually be playing a utility Warframe in public games :D