Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overheat Is Bad

Azawarau

Alot of embers work should focus on WoF and possibly fire blast

Shell shine the way she was meant to without simply being a bullet sponge

To calrify more

Overheat wont solve embers problems

First and most important she has terribly painful lack of synergy with her powers and corrupted mods

Without corrupted mods shes not very practical as her powers rely somewhat heavily on power STR,duration,efficiency to bew effective

shell fall short

Adding overheat wont change this at all either

On top of this Overheat itself just turns her from being used as a flame caster to a more run and gun with flames on the side for utility rather than purpose

It takes away from the frame itself

Edited by Azawarau

If you want to keep this thread open you should add more detail supporting what your are saying to your op, because as of right now this just seems like a flame thread.

Was that pun intentional? 

If Overheat is brought back from the ashes of replacement (pun very much intended), it would undoubtedly get a sizable revamp. It wasn't very good when it was replaced with Accelerant and would need some serious work if it were to be revived. 

qzUcbzk.jpg?1

Personally, I don't think Accelerant is bad, but it's no Overheat.

Was that pun intentional? 

If Overheat is brought back from the ashes of replacement (pun very much intended), it would undoubtedly get a sizable revamp. It wasn't very good when it was replaced with Accelerant and would need some serious work if it were to be revived. 

maybe lol

Overheat will never come back. Deal with it.

That said, Ember is a very strong warframe IF played correctly and modded correctly. Accelerant is literally the base of all her strength. The amount of fire damage that ability lets you do is insane. It does extreme damage to ALL factions, not just infested. While I do agree she should have more armor or more speed thanks to having to be in the thick of it to do optimum damage, I disagree with the general consensus that she's "weak".

Late edit: But, though I do love Ember, I will fully admit she is nowhere near optimum for anything but Infested, and she definitely needs another look.

Edited by SoulEchelon

What sparked this topic was the 10 threads per day of bad players begging to have Overheat back.  It's almost sickening how many people havent even attempted to realize how awesome Accelerant is.

Fight the good fight, gentlemen/ladies.

Edited by Malikon

I hadn't thought of it this way until I combed through the thread but Embers powers don't fit her supposed role as a caster/nuker.

She's a squishy frame with one ranged attack that does rather low damage with a small AOE and the rest of her abilities are geared towards getting in range of enemies. Something not advantageous to her not dying.

ember don't need another skill changes,what she need is passive ability that increase her ability dmg the more spell she casts

maybe give her "charging system",everytime she cast an ability she got 1 charge,cast another she got 2 and so on,the more charge she have the more powerful her ability become,when u got enough charge cast the charged spell with holding the ability button,additionally give every charged ability an utility so no matter how hard the enemy her ability won't fall off,we got we got magical rain for hydroid,who dont we give ember charged fireball a magical meteor?charged accelerant become oil slick that knockdown enemies around ember,charged fire blast become hellfire(surround huge area with fire that have 100% burn chance), and charged WoF become...well...meteor rain 100% knockdown to any enemies that got caught on it''s explosion and impact proc to any enemies within range that didn't got caught on the explosion(meteor causes earthquake)? its just my opinion

don't take it seriously(i got this idea from Dota Lina Inverse 3rd ability Fiery Soul (Grants bonus attack and movement speed each time Lina casts a spell. Stacks with itself. Lasts 9 seconds) so i thought ember may use this kind of passive too since she's a fiery caster too :)"

Edited by Godhands

ember's main problems: lack of ability scaling(this goes to everyone.)making her useless late game

she's squishy yet she is the sort of close range in the face type

accel needs to be spammed constantly in order for any of her abilities to be of any use at higher levels, making her extremely energy inefficient

lack of escaping methods compared to others

fire blast is useless

ember's main problems: lack of ability scaling(this goes to everyone.)making her useless late game

accel needs to be spammed constantly in order for any of her abilities to be of any use at higher levels, making her extremely energy inefficient

fire blast is useless

Pretty much this. No matter how strong Accelerant makes her abilities, the power put into it means that it's an essential skill that must be casted at all times in order for Ember to be viable. Ability combos are great, but only if they're not required. Disarm + Decoy is a fantastic combo for Loki, but he's not locked into using it all the time. Decoy alone is good for drawing enemy fire, and Disarm alone is still one hell of a permanent CC.

I'd say give Accelerant the [silent] treatment. Ember casts Accelerant and generates an aura for [x] amount of seconds that stuns enemies that enter its range and puts the damage multiplier on them. World on Fire should "melt" (reduce) the armor of any enemies it hits by 30% and increase the proc chance. Also do something about the whole 'requires-every-power-attribute-to-perform-well' thing, it makes modding her a pain.

And give Ember a base movement speed buff, and give Ember Prime additional shields on top of that for the distant prime buff (To keep in line with recent primes like Rhino/Loki/Nyx).

fire blast is useless

Define late game?

Pretty much this. No matter how strong Accelerant makes her abilities, the power put into it means that it's an essential skill that must be casted at all times in order for Ember to be viable. Ability combos are great, but only if they're not required. Disarm + Decoy is a fantastic combo for Loki, but he's not locked into using it all the time. Decoy alone is good for drawing enemy fire, and Disarm alone is still one hell of a permanent CC.

I'd say give Accelerant the [silent] treatment. Ember casts Accelerant and generates an aura for [x] amount of seconds that stuns enemies that enter its range and puts the damage multiplier on them. World on Fire should "melt" (reduce) the armor of any enemies it hits by 30% and increase the proc chance. Also do something about the whole 'requires-every-power-attribute-to-perform-well' thing, it makes modding her a pain.

And give Ember a base movement speed buff, and give Ember Prime additional shields on top of that for the distant prime buff (To keep in line with recent primes like Rhino/Loki/Nyx).

Or make world on fire a toggle, effectively solving all of her problems at once

What sparked this topic was the 10 threads per day of bad players begging to have Overheat back.  It's almost sickening how many people havent even attempted to realize how awesome Accelerant is.

Fight the good fight, gentlemen/ladies.

It's definitely sickening how many people haven't even attempted to realize how writing such rude comments is toxic to this community. Well done!

For some of us, Accelerant is simply not fun, in the same way as Overheat was boring to you.

For some of us, Accelerant is simply not fun, in the same way as Overheat was boring to you.

My main gripe with Overheat was that it pretty much was World on Fire. Accelerant may not be fun for everyone, but at least it offers something different, Overheat was nearly identical to WoF but with damage reduction and less damage output. They may as well have just fused the two abilities together, sort of like what they did with Rhino's 3 & 4 a while back, and save the player the trouble of having to press two separate buttons.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

It's definitely sickening how many people haven't even attempted to realize how writing such rude comments is toxic to this community. Well done!

Call me rude if you wish, It will not change the fact that Overheat was removed because the devs wanted it gone.  I would call that an official response;  It isn't coming back. 

I accept that you dont like Accelerant, and that is perfectly fine.  Suggest something else to resolve the problem, dont beg for old broken mechanics that encourage the "oblivious and cant die" mentality, lazy play, and bad habits to return.

Sorry if saying it so bluntly offends those with delicate feelings, but being realistic has to set in eventually.

My main gripe with Overheat was that it pretty much was World on Fire. Accelerant may not be fun for everyone, but at least it offers something different, Overheat was nearly identical to WoF but with damage reduction and less damage output. They may as well have just fused the two abilities together, sort of like what they did with Rhino's 3 & 4 a while back, and save the player the trouble of having to press two separate buttons.

The damaging aura was unnecessary anyway. I agree that Accelerant is something unique (at least in Warframe, other games have tons of such skills) but it's badly maken imo. It just hurt me on some basic level that I have to press 2 all the time to buff Ember's damage. WoF + Overheat would too much.

Call me rude if you wish, It will not change the fact that Overheat was removed because the devs wanted it gone.  I would call that an official response;  It isn't coming back. 

I accept that you dont like Accelerant, and that is perfectly fine.  Suggest something else to resolve the problem, dont beg for old broken mechanics that encourage the "oblivious and cant die" mentality, lazy play, and bad habits to return.

Sorry if saying it so bluntly offends those with delicate feelings, but being realistic has to set in eventually.

It may come back, but it's unlikely. It's up to the DE.

Actually I don't beg for it. It would be definitely more fun to me than Accelerant but if Ember's 3rd is changed to Fire Eximus' attack, her sprint speed buffed, damage of abilities buffed a bit and Accelerant nerfed, WoF turned into toggle and parkour improved I'd proudly say that Ember is fine and Overheat isn't needed at all.

You can be realistic without offending other people, you know? :D

It may come back, but it's unlikely. It's up to the DE.

Actually I don't beg for it. It would be definitely more fun to me than Accelerant but if Ember's 3rd is changed to Fire Eximus' attack, her sprint speed buffed, damage of abilities buffed a bit and Accelerant nerfed, WoF turned into toggle and parkour improved I'd proudly say that Ember is fine and Overheat isn't needed at all.

You can be realistic without offending other people, you know? :D

My apologies, I get frustrated by the daily "ZOMG NEED OVERHEAD CUZ EMBAR SUX WITHOUT IT" posts in every Ember thread that exists.  I always saw Overheat as a ridiculous way to be completely oblivious and play lazily/badly and still succeed.  The overwhelming response by the community at large that wants Overheat to return does, in fact, come across as begging.  The implication of begging and "not attempting to realize how awesome Accelerant is" was not directed at reasonable folks, just the mindless droves that want their easy button back.

And yeah, I do realize I have an issue with brutal honesty, and I do generally try to reign it in, but sometimes it gets the better of me.  My apologies again.