Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Monthly Subscription Option

HiTekRedNek

I've been thinking about this for a while , and knowing that alot of people are willing to drop 10-15 dollars here and there, especially when they are lucky enough to get one of the discounts, I wondered about the ability for DE to ad a monthly subscription of sorts. The basis of the idea I had, was mainly focused around Affinity Booster's and Plat. Pay 15 dollars a month and get 100 plat or so, and have the ability on your game account to choose 2 of the boosters, but you can only change the boosters from your account page on the sight, and only once ever 24-48 hours or so. That way if you know you are going to be leveling some stuff, you can activate the affinity booster and the cred or one of the resource boosters, if you needed resources you activate the two resource booster, if you need credits you activate that booster and one of the others. i don't know, just an idea. Figured I would throw it out there.

Wanted to ad that I liked the idea posted earlier by ST4LK3R where you could possibly get a small discount in the market as well

Another idea, call it Prime Access Monthly, and as long as your subscription is active, you gain access to the prime accessories as they come out. Just a thought, but a good one inspired by an alliance member

REFINED IDEA POSTED HERE: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/325269-refined-optional-subscription-idea-prime-access-monthly/

Edited by HiTekRedNek

Bear-how-about-no.jpg

*unless it's OPTIONAL.

It does say OPTION in the title.

Idea kind of reminds me of how SoE does Planetside 2, they have their one off currency purchases, but they also have a membership option with more and better benefits.

Not sure if this would work for warframe, but I wouldn't mind it being an option, even if I wouldn't buy it myself. More options to support DE are fine in my book.

Edited by Ashnal

Throwing this in there...

The Prime Access Accessories package has 90 days of boosters, 3 months, and costs in the realm of £35, which works out as roughly $15 a month.

The gap between different Primes is about 100 days, so it is in essence an up-front subscription.

Platinum is easily traded for in small quantities, and with the reduced time focussing on grinding weapons, you are free to play as you see fit.

As for credits... I have 16m just passively building up, and have been doing HEAVY spending to max mods.

Edited by Kthal

They would make more money staying this way.

Preying on the impatience of the community will always be more profitable in the long run.

Also, a monthly payment makes people get uppity and loud about how they are entitled to new content constantly.

Will never happen. Bad move.

1. De will never do this or they will lose players. DE sticks to their policy

2- Warframe is warframe because the little money you need to pay. you can even play the game and be the top player without dropping a penny. You can earn plat in-game very easily.

3- The current microtransaction system is perfect. It's not pay to win, it's pay to be fast or pay for convenience or pay because I am too lazy to do that thing.

Now, my personal case, I have been playing since closed beta. I have spent in the game the 40something€ for the targis armor + 20€ when I got a 75% off...So look at this:

Right now I'm rank 17 I have all the weapons in the game potatoed, all the frames and primes also potatoed and forma'd the times i considered necesary ( all except excalibur prime )

I have all color palettes and all the armor and syndanas that I want.

I have over 150 weapon slots, yes I know, a lot...And I have as many Warframe slots I need for all the frames and primes +2

I have all the sentinel customization that I want...and 5k plat sitting in my inventory doing nothing at all but helping my clanmates with slots or potatoes.

How? I play the game and sell prime parts. Play the game and you will see by yourself.

Even if it was a fair and just system, the very idea of a monthly subscription is an immediate turn-off to a lot of people. It plants the idea that the game is pay to win, that 'VIP' players get all kinds of special treatment, even if it's not the case.

As someone who used to play pay-to-play games like WoW, EVE and games with OPTIONAL subscription like Planetside 2, I'm going to say yes. 15$/mth. xx% Exp, xx% Resource, 5-10% off Market Items, 70-100 Platinum or something like that? eff yeah! Don't like it? Don't buy subscription because it's optional and no one is forcing you to buy it. The xx% Exp Boost from subscription should be stackable with Affinity Boosters that we can buy from market. 

Nope this SOE model was a major drag in DC and Planetside. I am a definite NO vote on even adding this this option.

Care to explain more on why Planetside(I supposed you are talking about Planetside that came out in early 2000s.) subscription was a drag? 

Edited by ST4LK3R

Bad idea. 

Sounds good a first, but to think that you`ll officially get advantage and the gap between f2p and p2p players will only increase... no.

Ok let's face it, people who can afford to buy plat whenever they want, can rush stuff, and buy nice pretty things, and get potatoes for their gear whenever they want; but really what real advantage are they actually getting other than just saving time. You can earn anything in this game that is non-cosmetic by grinding. you just get there quicker if you pay, nothing wrong with that, they need to make there money somehow, otherwise the game wouldn't exist.

As someone who used to play pay-to-play games like WoW, EVE and games with OPTIONAL subscription like Planetside 2, I'm going to say yes. 15$/mth. xx% Exp, xx% Resource, 5-10% off Market Items, 70-100 Platinum or something like that? eff yeah! Don't like it? Don't buy subscription because it's optional and no one is forcing you to buy it. The xx% Exp Boost from subscription should be stackable with Affinity Boosters that we can buy from market. 

Care to explain more on why Planetside(I supposed you are talking about Planetside that came out in early 2000s.) subscription was a drag? 

I like the idea of the store discount, that would be cool. you get a little plat, you get to have boosters on, and you get a little discount at the store.

Even if it was a fair and just system, the very idea of a monthly subscription is an immediate turn-off to a lot of people. It plants the idea that the game is pay to win, that 'VIP' players get all kinds of special treatment, even if it's not the case.

OPTION, read the title people. You want to play for free, play for free, but remember that if it wasnt for the people willing to spend a little money here and there (or a lot if the can afford it) the game would not exist.

The big problem with optional subscription systems is they divide the player base, and no amount of player benefit is worth dividing the community.

No matter how good or bad the deal is, even if it is optional, it will not be worth the backlash.

Edited by Kthal

1. De will never do this or they will lose players. DE sticks to their policy

2- Warframe is warframe because the little money you need to pay. you can even play the game and be the top player without dropping a penny. You can earn plat in-game very easily.

3- The current microtransaction system is perfect. It's not pay to win, it's pay to be fast or pay for convenience or pay because I am too lazy to do that thing.

Now, my personal case, I have been playing since closed beta. I have spent in the game the 40something€ for the targis armor + 20€ when I got a 75% off...So look at this:

Right now I'm rank 17 I have all the weapons in the game potatoed, all the frames and primes also potatoed and forma'd the times i considered necesary ( all except excalibur prime )

I have all color palettes and all the armor and syndanas that I want.

I have over 150 weapon slots, yes I know, a lot...And I have as many Warframe slots I need for all the frames and primes +2

I have all the sentinel customization that I want...and 5k plat sitting in my inventory doing nothing at all but helping my clanmates with slots or potatoes.

How? I play the game and sell prime parts. Play the game and you will see by yourself.

Yes, yes for all of us that's been playing since closed beta and understand the system, and have ground our little hearts away, trust me I know. The main reason I even thought about this is because of the Prime Access boosters, 90 days of affinity and credits, I looked at the math and was like well it's about 15$ a month if you do the math (someone mentioned this earlier in the post also). Then I thought... man wouldn't it be neat if you could change the booster to something more useful for those of us that don't really need affinity or credits, maybe you could access your account and switch them to the resource boosters. then they release a new warframe and some more weapons. You know you are going to be leveling so you go in and switch them back for a couple days and get your leveling done. Then you could go back and switch them over to the resource again. That's the whole reason I mentioned the once every 24-48 hours between switching. 

I'm not so sure, telling people they have to pay a subscription, yes that's a turn off these days, but offering it as an option with some benefits, not as much.

The big problem with optional subscription systems is they divide the player base, and no amount of player benefit is worth dividing the community.

No matter how good or bad the deal is, even if it is optional, it will not be worth the backlash.

News flash, there are already people who pay money to play the game, and not have to wait on the foundry, or just go out and buy the new warframes. As I said before, there is nothing, non-cosmetic in this game that you cannot grind for, and if you do want something cosmetic, or maybe you need a potato or forma and don't have any BPs, you can trade now to get the plat to buy it. Where do you think the plat comes from on the market. People who buy it, so they don't have to grind.

They would make more money staying this way.

Preying on the impatience of the community will always be more profitable in the long run.

Also, a monthly payment makes people get uppity and loud about how they are entitled to new content constantly.

Will never happen. Bad move.

DE releases new updates and are more involved than most of the pay to play games out there anyway, they do a damn good job in my opinion. As far as the impatient people out there, they already buy plat. This would just be another option with some benefits for people who don't really need to buy alot of plat, but wouldn't mind some help with boosters, and don't mind grinding for the new stuff rather than buying the Prime Access. If you really think they would make more money staying this way, then you are going against 90% of all marketing research out there that proves that people presented with more options, are likely to find a option that suits them and are more willing to make a purchase.

Isn't Update Bundle pretty much cover this? Monthly subscription means you'll be paying early for a whole month, but you'll never know when a month is going to be productive with content.

If you read my previous post, you'll see where some others and myself compare it to the Prime Access boosters, and that is where the idea came from, but as someone who's played since beta, I don't really need a 90 day credit or affinity booster. Resource boosters are nice, but I don't buy them often because they only last up to a week. The idea was give the option to go in and once every 24-48 hours be able to change the booster to what will help you the most at that time. You may need to level some new weapons or warframes that just dropped, but once you're done doing that for a couple days, you could change it back to resource boosters. Also, you get a little bit of plat and I really liked the idea of like a small discount in the market posted by one of the other guys.