Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removed Slots For Prime Warframes On U15

[DE]Azambuja

a lot of players already complained about the prime warframes not having a big advantage. Just a different polarity and maybe a slight stats boost. With the update 15 all warframes will lose 4 mod slots. So that is a chance to make prime warframes a better option than the standard vertion of it.

KEEP THE 10 MOD SLOTS ON THE PRIME WARFRAMES

This way people will have a great advantage using the primes. Personally I wasnt interested in buying Nyx Prime. But if they keep the 10 slots on her I would buy it right away.

What do you think?

No. Slightly different stats make a prime better than its basic already, and only Rhino on have gotten that treatment. Ember, Mag, and Frost have no stat bonus. But giving them two extra mod slots will make primes flat out better than all other frames and it'll lead to people running voids demanding "Primes only!!!111111!!!" which you know, to get a prime you have to do voids in the first place.

a lot of players already complained about the prime warframes not having a big advantage. Just a different polarity and maybe a slight stats boost. With the update 15 all warframes will lose 4 mod slots. So that is a chance to make prime warframes a better option than the standard vertion of it.

KEEP THE 10 MOD SLOTS ON THE PRIME WARFRAMES

This way people will have a great advantage using the primes. Personally I wasnt interested in buying Nyx Prime. But if they keep the 10 slots on her I would buy it right away.

What do you think?

we are losing two mod slots. which is a big buff for people who use all the abilities, you also get all the mod points from the ability mods you dont need anymore.

A number of Prime frames (Rhino, Loki, Nyx) already have statistical advantages over their non-Prime counterparts, making them better. Most have more polarities than their non-Prime counterparts.

There's no need to widen the gap even further. Primes are already better.

No. Slightly different stats make a prime better than its basic already, and only Rhino on have gotten that treatment. Ember, Mag, and Frost have no stat bonus. But giving them two extra mod slots will make primes flat out better than all other frames and it'll lead to people running voids demanding "Primes only!!!111111!!!" which you know, to get a prime you have to do voids in the first place.

Farming for better gear is the basis of Warframe, yet you're saying what we farm for shouldn't be better?

DE already spoke on the older primes receiving buffs. The example you listed is very hyperbolic.

I think this would be much better than a small stat buff for primes, but I think that Excalibur Prime would need to not get it (Sorry founders) because that would be a significant advantage for something that could only be obtained for real world currency. 

First with update 15 all frames will only lose 2 mod slots and for frames on which you use two abilties or more nothing will change (if you use 3 or 4 abilities you will actualy gain mod slots with this). 

The only downsite will be frames were you only use one or even none abilities, because they will lose 1 or 2 slots.

Other than that i kind of like you idea, but i don't think it will be good for the game, like reasons other people already mentioned.

Farming for better gear is the basis of Warframe, yet you're saying what we farm for shouldn't be better?

DE already spoke on the older primes receiving buffs. The example you listed is very hyperbolic.

That's my point. They've already got a stat edge that makes them better than their basic form. But if you give primes 2 more mod slots they're going to be better than /all/ other frames. Not just their non-prime counter. It'll lead to people demanding that only people in prime frames join them. Just like in all the other MMOs where you need gear of quality of the raid you're trying to get into to be allowed on the run. Player elitism is something I don't trust one bit.

I mean, people are already demanding prime frames over their non-prime'd counterpart, so I really don't see an issue besides the fact that it will add to the already existing 'prime or GTFO'.

Primes already are better than non-Primes, via number of polarities or stats.

I think this would be much better than a small stat buff for primes, but I think that Excalibur Prime would need to not get it (Sorry founders) because that would be a significant advantage for something that could only be obtained for real world currency. 

I see it as an all-or-nothing affair -- you either buff all of them or none of them. Failing to buff Excalibur Prime is liable to make Founders mad.

Right in the feelings bro :(

That's my point. They've already got a stat edge that makes them better than their basic form. But if you give primes 2 more mod slots they're going to be better than /all/ other frames. Not just their non-prime counter. It'll lead to people demanding that only people in prime frames join them. Just like in all the other MMOs where you need gear of quality of the raid you're trying to get into to be allowed on the run. Player elitism is something I don't trust one bit.

Certain frames without Primes will still be used. IE: Nova, Vauban, Trinity, Nekros (Just for desecrate), and once the frames without primes receive them, it's not like you can't just farm for them. Primes being a lot better than their counterparts would only be bad if they were only able to be purchased with platinum.

Definitely no. The devs have already spoken on the slots matter, in words of Drew himself:

4 slots without any need to sacrifice abilities or polarize? That's a significant jump in power. 

Having Prime frames keep ten slots would be equivalent to adding two slots to them right now, and adding slots to frames is something that has been denied over and over. Not to mention it would make the power gap between regulars and Primes several times bigger. So, again, no.

Primes already are better than non-Primes, via number of polarities or stats.

I see it as an all-or-nothing affair -- you either buff all of them or none of them. Failing to buff Excalibur Prime is liable to make Founders mad.

Excalibur Prime is an exception because he is unobtainable.

Not everything is black or white.