Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Weapons And Frame Recommendation

(PSN)Cortez_Man493

Question

Warframes:

Hello fellow tenno, I have been playing warframe for about 2 months now and I have made it to rank 9. So I was wonder if you guys could recommend some new warframes and weapons I should get. Right now I have Ash,Valkyr,Nova,Nyx,Rhino Prime, and Volt. I've been thinking about geting Nekros, Vauban, and Loki Prime(but i heard he is hard to farm).

Weapons:

I have a lot of weapons but I usually use Soma,Penta,Latron P,Paris P or Dread and Marelok as my secondary.I have been planning on getting the brakk as my secondary and Boltor P. Finally for my melee weapon I usually use Dragon Nikana,Dual Ichor,Reaper Prime, and sometimes the Orthos prime. I'm probably going to get the dakra prime later too.

6 answers to this question

Nekros, Vauban, and Loki are all great frames for different reasons. They fill very different roles; why not get them all?

Nekros = Loot hunting, no other frame can fill this roll.

Vauban = Epic crowd control abilities for defense missions.

Loki = High survivability in the hands of an experienced player; you'd be surprised at how much not getting shot can extend your life.

Few people ever regret getting a Brakk.

As far as melee goes, have you tried the Jat Kittag? This weapon may feel a bit slow when swinging it around but it has incredible range and staggers everyone it hits. it's also no slouch in the dps department. I'm a fan of the Dragon Nikana but if I were to stop using it as my go to melee weapon the Jat Kittag or the kronen would currently be my replacement.

Nekros, Vauban, and Loki are all great frames for different reasons. They fill very different roles; why not get them all?

Nekros = Loot hunting, no other frame can fill this roll.

Vauban = Epic crowd control abilities for defense missions.

Loki = High survivability in the hands of an experienced player; you'd be surprised at how much not getting shot can extend your life.

Few people ever regret getting a Brakk.

As far as melee goes, have you tried the Jat Kittag? This weapon may feel a bit slow when swinging it around but it has incredible range and staggers everyone it hits. it's also no slouch in the dps department. I'm a fan of the Dragon Nikana but if I were to stop using it as my go to melee weapon the Jat Kittag or the kronen would currently be my replacement.

yeah i forgot to say i also have the kronens and i really like them too. ill probably get the jat kittag also.thanks

You can use whatever warframe with whatever weapons.  You can use an Excalibur with the Mk-1 Braton and carry the team with it in T4 Void.  It only takes time and patience and formas.  Any weapon can be made versatile with formas and proper mods.

If you don't believe me, I am a Loki Prime with no health or shields mods, I run with Fleeting Expertise and Overextend and a Continuity to counter FE.  That only gives me enough duration for a Decoy that lasts 5-7 seconds and a invisibility that might as well be only used in panic situations.  And since I'm mainly farming Sargus Ruk with the Vectis, I've seen my Vectis trump Boltor Primes in terms of damage (I use Trinity during these farms.)

But if you really want people's thoughts on your selections, here's mine:

Warframe:

Nekros: Right now, Nekros has a mixed bag of tricks.  His Soul Punch is nice since it has a debuff that removes armor and it stacks.  His Terrify is another form of Nyx's Chaos, but only good for temporary clears like needing to revive someone or remove enemies from the pod, but it does have a limit.  His Desecrate is the best farming tool since it can re-roll the RNG for that rare drop.  His Shadow of the Dead is his meat shield/another "version" of Nyx's Mind Control (though very loosely related.)  Individually they're all nice abilities, but they have little or no synergy with each other.

Vauban: Vauban is a warframe that needs good mods to be good.  If you don't have the right mods, he will play like crap.  But if you do have the mods for him, he will be CC god with Bastille and Vortex.  Bastille was the best, but now it is something where you have to kill in order to maintain since it has a limit.  Vortex, on the other hand, has no limit and concentrates all enemies within range into one spot and neatly packs all drops into one location.  You can use Tesla however you like, the damage is there and the electric proc from it is a nice group stun.

Loki Prime: This is just my opinion, but Loki and Loki Prime are one of the few that can actually be considered OP since their abilities don't scale with enemies and have no need to.  But first, I'll talk about Radial Disarm before any other ability, since the synergy with this ability alone is so good, it almost needs a nerf.  Radial Disarm is a simple ability that forces all enemies within the radius to use melee only (unless it is ospreys, then it just grounds them.)  This already is a nice start.  Instead of having them fire at you, they're now throwing themselves at you with a cattle prod (it does hurt worse than the bullets they fire, but that's why kiting was invented.)  Now, Decoy.  Since they're coming at you with a cattle prod, you'd like to make them move to somewhere else so that you can concentrate on killing them instead of having to worry about moving away from them.  Place a Decoy on a crate.  They will start hitting the crate (no joke.)  If you somehow run out of bullets (very rarely you'll run out of bullets,) you can use Invisibility mixed in with melee.  Do note: using melee with Invisibility will not result in a crit.  Yes, the damage is shown in yellow text, but it is not a crit.  It is the unalerted status from Invisibility that forces melee to have 50% damage bonus (can't remember if this was changed) that forces the damage to be displayed as a crit.  The unalerted bonus is taken into account after crits (I believe it is) which is why it shows up as a crit.  If you feel like you're being overwhelmed, just escape to another place with Switch Teleport.  This ability is the best transportation ability since you can use it with Decoy.  You will be able to go anywhere (almost.)

I'll type up another wall of text for weapons when I come back.

Looks like you already have some good stuff for "end game" content. Honestly, just forma up those weapons and level up your mods and you're good to go.

Boltor Prime is a solid weapon, but Paris Prime and Dread (w/ 4x CP) can do a lot better then it. The Latron P and Latron Wraith are also really good choices as well. Since they are crit weapons, aim for head shots, since you get an extra 2x multiplier on a critical headshot, leading to a 4x dmg increase on top of your critical multiplier. If you aim for heads with the "end game" weapons, then they will easily out-do the Boltor Prime, imo.

The Brakk is hard to get. You can try farming it, but best of luck to you. It has one of the highest dps in the entire game, even beating the Boltor Prime. The only issue that it's dmg is limited to 10m. So, if you are planning to go for the Brakk, make sure to counter the dmg falloff by using a Primary that can hit a target at around 20-30m. 

As for frames, it all depends on the mission. Loki P is a good all-rounder, and is useful for all mission types. He can also be useful for Infested with Decoy, though not the best for that particular faction. Rhino is also a good all-rounder, but I would only recommend him for starting players, since he is more of a crutch to players than he is useful to them (mainly talking about the Iron Skin and players going brain dead issue).