Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U15 On Ps4 And Xbox One In A Few Weeks?

(PSN)SancticuS

While visiting a few of my regular sites I discovered this article.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/10/23/warframe-downloaded-ps4-game/

Some great news about the current state of Warframe on PS4 as it seems not even Destiny's record-breaking launch could dethrone Warframe as the #1 most-downloaded PlayStation 4 game.

Interestingly the article also have the following quote:

In regards to the Archwing update, PC gamers can download it tomorrow, while PS4 and Xbox One owners will receive it in a few weeks.

So are we jumping right to update 15 and is it really just a few weeks away?

It depends on how long it takes to polish and fix any gamebreaking bugs, since with the Sony certification process it NEEDS to be functioning in order for it to pass whatever cert process Sony has. The devs are really good about it though, they took a whole weekend for U14s release to basically fix all the kinks that are major to gameplay.

This being said, I'm curious to see how long it takes for this update to get the greenlight for consoles.

Some great news about the current state of Warframe on PS4 as it seems not even Destiny's record-breaking launch could dethrone Warframe as the #1 most-downloaded PlayStation 4 game.

There are plenty of reasonable factors as to why Warframe remains most-downloaded on PS4.

- Warframe is F2P, Destiny is $60.

- Destiny is also on disc.

- Destiny goes across 4 platforms, and players are less likely to buy it again. The PS3 to PS4 promotion is there of course, but not everyone used it. Warframe goes across 3, and players are more likely to download it on multiple consoles.

I'd list more alongside, but they'd be more subjective reasons. I'll just put out those thoughts separately.

I like Destiny quite a bit and all, but the amount of content it offers for the required price of $60 can't rival Warframe's absolutely free and already developed content.

Given Destiny hasn't even been out that long, I doubt it'll grow as ambitious and as fast as Warframe. My friend got me the season pass though so I'll see how much the seemingly little extra content offers, but given people are paying, it better be decent as that's its only saving grace from the monotonous yet shorter grind Destiny has in comparison.

Edited by Xelorx