Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buttons Don't Make Sounds Or Make Improper One

zelgaris

Thought about including this in a big UI related thread, but since we got the Sound bugs section recently...

There are some inconsistencies in button hover and click sounds, i.e. two visually same buttons emit different sounds on hover - let's describe/define some of these sounds:
- "pip-sound" - sound hovering over alarm and news make
- "accept-sound" - sound the LOGIN buton makes on click-release
- "dt-sound" -  sound the buttons in main menu make on hover (I consider this as default sound for most buttons, it's used almost everywhere, e.g. for all elements in the main Arsenal screen)
- "click-sound" - sound the buttons in main menu make on click-release

Login Screen
- LOGIN and EXIT buttons hover sound is different from the default hover sound of all other buttons in lobby and other sections (they use "pip-sound" instead of "dt-sound").
- EXIT button on click use "accept-sound" instead of "click-sound"

- LOGIN use "accept-sound" on click-release, but that makes sense in this case

Lobby

- There is a "pip-sound" heard when moving the mouse in the location marked on the image - http://zelgaris.com/_temp/wf/wf-sound-lobby.jpg (already mentioned in the forum, yet still there)

- Alarm and news emits sound also when not visible (for example in Arsenal screen, when we move the mouse to their location, it will still emit the sound)

- Chat buttons (hover/click) don't make any sounds at all - maybe intentional, yet inconsistent with other

- Hovering on avatars makes "pip-sound" instead of "dt-sound"

- BACK and MARKET buttons don't make hover sound

- BACK button doesn't make click sound

- Hovering on avatar image makes "pip-sound" instead of "dt-sound"

- Hovering on bottom buttons makes "pip-sound" instead of "dt-sound"

- BACK, TOP PLAYERS and MY RANKING buttons don't make click sound

- DECK button click makes unique sound (BACK button at Select Artefact screen doesn't make any click/hover sound)

Center Button

- Is good, although I would use "accept-sound" for selecting the mode, instead of normal "click-sound", since we are technically accepting something and the quite unique accept sound would fit the unique button  (anyway it's just a personal preference)

EXIT button - Confirm box

- Hovering on YES and NO buttons makes "pip-sound" instead of "dt-sound"

- "Accept-sound" is set on click-press instead of click-release, which is default for all other buttons

Options

- Unique sounds, not want to talk about it right now

- However the bottom standard buttons don't make any click/hover sounds

Foundry

- Scrolling through blueprints and resources makes "click-sound", which is used for clicking on buttons - doesn't make much sense here

- BACK button miss default hover sound and has unique click-release sound

- It is possible to hear the sounds of hovering over planets below the foundry screen (imho bug)

- BUILD buttons miss default hover sound and click sound

- Confirm boxes have the same problem as others (see exit button confirm box above)

Market

- Hovering on buttons in top bar (BUNDLES, WARFRAME, etc.) makes default button hover sound as well as default button click sound, however in home market screen, clicking/hovering on the small numbers don't make any sound and hovering/clicking over three big images of items also doesn't make any sound  (in other tabs, i.e. warframe, the hover sound is there)

- I know it isn't sound but the flash effect when we select an item is just overdone and really painful for eyes, less bling more usability OMG... reminds me of

(seriously)

- It is possible to hear the sounds of hovering over planets below the foundry screen (gets really annoying pretty fast)

Contacts

- Nothing makes no sound and clicking on a person makes the Contact screen close (???)

Arsenal

- Buttons make proper hover sound (gear slots don't)

- Some buttons make click sound (changing warframe/weapons, changing color, changing gear slot) , some don't (mods, weapon/warframe mods, back button, inventory button)

Inventory

- BUY SLOTS buttons don't make click sound

- Previous, 1, 2, next bar don't make any sound

- SELECT/DESELECT ALL don't make click sound

- BACK button miss click sound

Etc. etc. etc. consistency is the key!

Edited by zelgaris