Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Mission Boundaries (Auto Extract)

angrykenji

so i'm playing interception missions and notice people are dropping left and right. ragequitters? well what happened to me a couple times so far is getting extracted automatically by Ordis. Lotus will give a warning of leaving the mission but the boundaries are confusing sometimes.  i got extracted just before collecting a mod and it did not feel like i was 'out of bounds'

I will personally say... I AM SICK OF THIS!!! I finally got some awesome Archwing mods, and what happens? Oh I don't know fly out of bounds!!! I mean come on just about every space game every made tells you when your going  out of bounds with a better indicator. At least give us a timer, or a grey shading screen like in Battlefield bad company. Something that screams you going out of bounds. I cant get a single thing done here. No leveling. No mod collecting. NOTHING... This is just screwed up waste of time...

Edited by Arlayn

I do and Don't promote the Invisible wall, I like the feel of flying far off into space, and the invisible wall would ruin that, though you shouldn't be able to just fly off into nothing.

I have been having the issue with Exterminate feeling like I am in the mission boundry and then "hey your gonna leave". So when I try to get back to where i think the boundry is, i get extracted anyway.

If you do put in the invisible wall, please make it titantic huge. To give the feeling of flying out in space and should you go too far, you can't leave.

I also thought maybe a simple Boundry field, that you could pass through, just incase something came up while your playing and you can leave when you need to...at the cost of victory for yourself. Also you would know where the boundry is and could return before some time limit ends

this is happening to me in extraction mission, when I'm right IN FRONT of the enemies :V

I was just in a mission, (Mercury, Archwing Exterminate) The indicator told me to go down from the asteroids, to a grineer ship...area.... Yet if I was over there, I was "OUT OF BOUNDS" so I would head back to the same point that would not extract me that I assumed was within mission parameters waited for enemies to show up infront of me, when they did I got extracted.

I think there is still a bug somewhere in that Boundry line. SOMETHING is wrong. Only idea I have is that the Boundry moves as you progress making it rather hard to determine where is a safe zone from Forced Extraction.

Currenty it's a bug where the boundaries are smaller than they should be, but, yes, they really need to either make a visual indication on the map where the boundary is, or just make the frame do a u-turn instead of instabort.

All we need is some kind of marker, to show us how close the boundary is,  like a waypoint of some sort (would pop up as we are, lets say 50 metres away), but make it a large boundary so it "feels" like we are in space.

getting an automatic fail even though there is 5 enemy's in your face is annoying. 

this is happening to me in extraction mission, when I'm right IN FRONT of the enemies :V

Same with me... I was engaged with multiple hostile enemies and BOOM ordis rips me out of the thick of it... I love the controls... just make extract a pause menu feature and turn on progressive loaded space with nothing in it if you venture too far... or hell, make it so you seemingly get "lost in space" and "float away" only to get respawned somewhere randomly in the middle

I do and Don't promote the Invisible wall, I like the feel of flying far off into space, and the invisible wall would ruin that, though you shouldn't be able to just fly off into nothing.

I have been having the issue with Exterminate feeling like I am in the mission boundry and then "hey your gonna leave". So when I try to get back to where i think the boundry is, i get extracted anyway.

If you do put in the invisible wall, please make it titantic huge. To give the feeling of flying out in space and should you go too far, you can't leave.

I also thought maybe a simple Boundry field, that you could pass through, just incase something came up while your playing and you can leave when you need to...at the cost of victory for yourself. Also you would know where the boundry is and could return before some time limit ends

You could just quit the game. Id rather have a boundry that forces a U Turn or just an invisible wall. There is no reason for an auto extract. You have esc if you wanna extract early.

Same with me... I was engaged with multiple hostile enemies and BOOM ordis rips me out of the thick of it... I love the controls... just make extract a pause menu feature and turn on progressive loaded space with nothing in it if you venture too far... or hell, make it so you seemingly get "lost in space" and "float away" only to get respawned somewhere randomly in the middle

Yea, making us respawn in the middle or near where we left would work too. Kinda like how the falling into a hole mechanic works.

Yeah, this is excruciatingly annoying.  There needs to be a visual effect that tells you when you're close to the boundaries.  Honestly though it feels like the boundaries move, and I'm pretty sure the boundaries don't surround all the needed areas.  Maybe a glitch with map generation?

Thought i would post here what i concluded on another post:

I'm also getting this bug, cannot complete a simple exterminate mission because i am not allowed by lotus or ortis to get close enough.

After some testing of the mission boundaries, it seems to me that the archwing/tenno was intended to be spawned in the direct center of the map, but then was moved, since judging by the derbies (which hint at the mission area) i can travel into empty space in one direction for quite some time, while i fall short of reaching the edge of the derbies on the other; in other words, the mission area feels lopsided, and I suspect it is due to spawn points being moved but the mechanics involving mission boundries, and the actual mission area were not adjusted in relation to the player spawn.

IN OTHER WORDS,

it feels like the spawn area is on the edge of the map,

the mission "boundaries" is based off that spawn point,

Due to the "boundaries" being based off the spawn point and not the mission "area" we get this inaccurately placed mission "boundary" that is not covering the correct area, thus causing impossible missions.

Hope this brainstorm of what the problem could be helps.

Warframe_chart.jpg

Heres a crude chart i made to try to help explain what i mean.

Edit:

After trying more archwing missions, i suspect this only applies to missions that are open space type, since I was finally able to complete a mission that had an actual map and facility to explore, instead of being in a debris field. The mission I based the testing above is from the archwing mission in mercury. 

Edited by leomaxwell973

more than anything else, it looks like the "out of boundry" warning is triggering in the wrong place, but completely aside from that, auto-quitting the mission because you went the wrong way seems pretty poorly thought out.

give you a twenty second window to return to the "mission zone" is the very least they could do.

It's more immerse than invisible walls, and probably a lot easier to program in.