Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bug: Minimap

C4551E

The enlarged/fullscreen minimap (after you press M after entering a mission) is disabled and reverted to the top left corner on the following events:

-every time you hack a console

-when you perform a stealth kill

-whenever an alarm is activated (including both lockdown stages and breaking windows)

-when you die and revive (this isn't new this patch, but the rest are)

I was going to make this thread.  I was also going to add a new post every mission it happens after, listing the amount of times it happens.  I'm pretty sure that'd get me flagged for spam, and am glad you found some causes.

Also, PLEASE give us the option to make the minimap start enlarged.

I actually just came to the forum to report this very thing lol.. glad I checked first.

I've been watching it and sometimes it just drops out on its own.. its like its decided that you don't need to have the super sized map since its meant to be a reference that you pop up and see where you are overall (I'm guessing). and therefore shouldn't need to leave it on the screen permanently.

Sadly, I have a poor sense of direction when using the tiny map .. its just too small for me to have any sense of where to go, and even though it covers the entire game screen (and sometimes makes it hard to shoot lol) I leave it full map so I can see where I'm going.

Hopefully they don't consider this an "intended change" cos its irritating lol

Extra info...

I was playing Alad V missions to help players get neural sensors for their archwings.. and almost every time Alad popped up to say hai, the larger map disappeared. If he was already onscreen when the map was gone, I couldn't bring the map up and had to either wait for him to shut up, or just follow my team mates.

On one mission (different to above), I just pressed M to expand the map, and it instantly vanished.. so I pressed it again and it instantly vanished again.. tried a third time, same problem. Since I haven't got a blo... a clue where I'm going without the giant map, and I'm completely blind without it, I tried a 4th time and it remained. (For a while, until the next alarm sounded and then bye bye map).

I don't mind it resetting back to small between missions... I'm used to that and I'm fine with it - it only takes a moment to press M and make it larger, but this "every excuse to reduce it" thing is.. To say its frustrating would be understating the problem -.-

I also tried just standing there and doing nothing (not interacting or shooting) and it just faded away and became the minimap again. Not all players use this as a sometime reference, having it timeout is just.. *yanks ingame moustache*

Also, someone else posted this thread about the same thing (maybe need to be merged?)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/334644-fullscreen-map-resets-randomly-to-small-map-fullscreen-map-setting-not-saved-between-missions/

The enlarged/fullscreen minimap (after you press M after entering a mission) is disabled and reverted to the top left corner on the following events:

-every time you hack a console

-when you perform a stealth kill

-whenever an alarm is activated (including both lockdown stages and breaking windows)

-when you die and revive (this isn't new this patch, but the rest are)

It also disables if other players interact with consoles. I tested this theory with my daughter's account. I activated the map overlay on my screen, and then interacted with a console on her screen. The map overlay on my screen disabled.

Edited by s7n7a7k7e