Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clustrum 2.0 [Archwing Bow And Arrow]

blazingcobalt

The Clustrum is a bow used during flight, it's arrows are capable of hunting down foes.

FJ7kiAP.png

exaclisniper.PNG

-Information-

This bow allows the Tenno to fire off homing arrows at foes while engaging in combat with the archwing. It functions similar to a normal bow on the surface with that of charge times. However, it stands out via homing arrows.

These arrows seem to be made out of an energy type substance, and are pulled out and created via the circles that encase the bow. Once it is fully pulled back, the substance will morph into a string that appears fully drawn. Once let go, it'll take off in the shape of an arrow.

-Combat Specifics-

After completing the charge time needed for a fully charged arrow, the arrow will lock on to an enemy and chase it. It cannot chase it forever and will eventually dissipate into space. These arrows are similar to that of Seeking Fire, but they are much stronger and do not cost energy. It shares the ability to regenerate ammo much like the Imperator. Although it would be easier to say it has 'infinite' ammo as it would potentially regenerate during charge time.

The locking on mechanism is much like the one for melee. However it's range is greatly improved so it can pick up on enemies sooner and be be able to take them out.

-Sheathing-

The bow is taken apart and each half is secured under each wing.

-Potential Augmentations-

The use of syndicate specific mods could further improve the power of Clustrum.

-Overdraw-

A mod that allows arrows to have twice the range and duration for a longer charge time.

-Splitting Force-

A mod that is similar to a multi-shot mod.

-Zeus' Wrath-

A mod that causes electrical blasts upon impact.

-Archwing Concepts-

Archwing Concepts (5+ of them) - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/305901-archwing-concepts-concept-art-updated-with-specter-stealth-archwing/

Falx Scythe - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/337416-falx-archwing-scythe/

---

//Comments

---

Some of you may remember the older Clustrum thread, which was just it being a giant bow. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/289108-clustrum-energy-great-bow-concept-art/

So far, I'm loving Archwing. It's just so damn fun and pretty to fly around and kill things. My preferred method is to use melee. I'm not too fond of using that gun since it's just easier to slash things to bits. That's part of why I made this in the first place. It feels like the gunning on the wings is a bit lackluster as compared to the melee, which I think is very well done.

Haha, maybe I could even turn my old concept, Tekan, into a Archwing sword.

Anywho, let the feedback go!

Edited by blazingcobalt

Interesting idea. Love the look of it, but I have point that I want to make. A lot of the appeal of the archwing machine gun (to me at least) is that it has infinite ammo, so it fits well with the run and gun style of play and function like the machine guns on a fighter jet (I haven't used the flak cannon yet, but I'll get to it) whereas the flak cannon functions like, well, a flak cannon, spreading damage over a wide area.

Weapons like this are used against areal enemies (like enemy planes and the like) because you can spray them in the general direction of the enemy and have a chance of hitting the target. In a fast and highly mobile game mode like archwing and with the distances you are firing over (often over 500m) using a bow effectively would be difficult to say the least. 

A lot of the appeal of the archwing machine gun (to me at least) is that it has infinite ammo, so it fits well with the run and gun style of play and function like the machine guns on a fighter jet.

Weapons like this are used against areal enemies (like enemy planes and the like) because you can spray them in the general direction of the enemy and have a chance of hitting the target. In a fast and highly mobile game mode like archwing and with the distances you are firing over (often over 500m) using a bow effectively would be difficult to say the least. 

Well with this it's more designed to hunt down enemies for you, than you hunting down the enemies. (If that makes any sense.)

I've had a few enemies that fly right past me, and I know I couldn't gun them to death, let alone catch up to them if I turn around and try to nail em. This would just allow me to(if I got the lock on for the arrow) to just charge it up and let the thing have it's few moments of fleeting safety before it gets mowed over.

If you got a mod that allowed mulit-shot, even perhaps, a speed trigger-eqse mod as well, you could easily destroy a horde of Grineer space peoples.

But can arrow fired in outer space? I means under zero G-force? 

A bow and arrow functions through tension on the string and the bow itself, not gravity. If anything, gravity is a hindrance as it causes the arrow to drop rather than go straight. 

A bow and arrow functions through tension on the string and the bow itself, not gravity. If anything, gravity is a hindrance as it causes the arrow to drop rather than go straight. 

oo Thanks you for information. But doesn't that  means its hard to shoot the arrow at the target as the gravity of the nearby planet pull the arrow away?

oo Thanks you for information. But doesn't that  means its hard to shoot the arrow at the target as the gravity of the nearby planet pull the arrow away?

Contrary to popular perception, gravity is a relatively weak force, only noticeable on a massive scale when dealing with enormous objects. at the distances we seem to be from planets in archwing missions, planetary gravity would be largely a non-issue. Add the fact that OP said that the arrows are made of an energy like substance and you don't need to deal with gravity in space. 

Contrary to popular perception, gravity is a relatively weak force, only noticeable on a massive scale when dealing with enormous objects. at the distances we seem to be from planets in archwing missions, planetary gravity would be largely a non-issue. Add the fact that OP said that the arrows are made of an energy like substance and you don't need to deal with gravity in space. 

Thanks again :D

Trying to apply real world logic to video games is never going to end well.

The power necessary to pull that thing back..

Look below.

#SpaceMagic

This.