Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Phalanx, The Shield Brother Frame - Updated 3D Model!

Cowhawk

EDIT: Would like to get some Concept art done, currently looking for an Artist :D 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/335311-artist-needed-looking-for-assistance-on-an-idea-i-have-developed/

Phalanx is a Warframe specifically designed to work well with any other frame, he is a defensive based frame who focuses on keeping fellow Tenno alive. 

The Spartans
So i have been thinking about the possible ways to create a viable frame, which wasn't over powered...and would work well as a defensive frame...as the Spartan mentality was always fighting as a single unit.

Ability 1 : Aimed at Enemy : Shield Bash.
I think, much like Excalibur, Phalanx will utilise Ethereal weapons for his abilities...and so, an ethereal shield for bashing...giving it 100% knockdown, and any enemies it hits after it has ragdolled, will increase in damage upto a capped %. This begins the Frames utility as a CC.

Ability 1 : Aimed at Friendly : Shield Brother

This is an idea i think could be massive for endgame, keeping those less tanky frames such as Nekros alive, 

basically, so long as you are within a certain radius of the teammate you cast on...a % of their damage received will be mitigated to you. 

this-is-sparta.jpg

Ability 2 : Shield Wall.
This ability works very much like the Armour Lock off Halo Reach...although..rather than being too similar to Nyx, it encompasses only the frame, and does more knockback than damage...helping this frame further into being a utility frame.

Reach_MP_ZealotArmorLock.jpg

Ability 3 : Fight as one / Close Flanks / Iron Phalanx
This ability is a defensive buff, whilst melee weapons are equipped, blocking will cost no(Reduced?) stamina, and damage will be heavily mitigated, to help increase the survivability of the team...maybe have the buff only for frames within a certain vicinity of the Spartan to ensure people will stay close by and work as one.

phalanx.jpg

Ability 4 : Fight in the Shade (Credit to JokerVictor) Although i have re imagined it a little. 

The Ability will act similarly to Hydroid's Barrage, except the flurry is now arrows...or just projectiles, these projectiles will 100% proc puncture damage and also temporarily stun the enemies. There would be a second radius outside the initial flurry that would terrify enemies, (If not terrify, the arrows now stuck in the ground could slow enemies if they come into contact with them) further delaying mob rushes.

This would be used primarily to cut down crowds to help make masses of mobs more manageable...therefore helping keep yourself and team-mates alive. 

maxresdefault.jpg

New Weapons
This will also open up a whole new range of weapons,

A spear and shield

Works much like the Silva and Aegis, but much more range, and alot mor lunges than anything else. 

Also has a Charge Attack which throws the spear. 

A Physical Damage Sword and Shield.

We have the Sword and shield stances, so we really do need more than one. 

This would work the same as Silva and Aegis, except it would be physical damage.

Please please please leave some feedback of what you think, and if you like the idea, please up vote,
I would love the Warframe Devs to see this, as i honestly think this could work very well!!

3D Model - Basic

I managed to get in touch with a rather talented Tenno 3d Modeller, and they have come up with a nice little start point for me to work away on to improve.

Here's the basic concept and thanks again LordMidnightX for the model!

Phalanx.jpg

Cheers all.

CowHawk

Edited by Cowhawk

Ultimate:

FIGHT IN THE SHADE:

A hail of arrows rains down, causing chaos to enemy ranks.  Does moderate damage and causes either knockdown or blindness to a wide area.

And as another note, I would make your spartan kick ability there some kind of flying jump kick.  Sounds like you're trying to build yourself a fairly melee centric frame here, so it needs some mobility.

Ultimate:

FIGHT IN THE SHADE:

A hail of arrows rains down, causing chaos to enemy ranks.  Does moderate damage and causes either knockdown or blindness to a wide area.

And as another note, I would make your spartan kick ability there some kind of flying jump kick.  Sounds like you're trying to build yourself a fairly melee centric frame here, so it needs some mobility.

Love the idea of the Ult, although it feels similar to that of Hydroids Ability 1...although if done right it could work very well D:

If it actually caused shade, it would work well with Mirages Darkness Ability. 

About the Spartan Kick, i agree, that would work much better than a stationary kick :D

I would just like to point out that this concept would be incredibly fun to play with a Nyx as a partner.

It would be nice to play with any frame tbh, his abilities are very good for teamplay...which is what this game is about after all. 

Shut up and take my money !

A frame that encourages players to work together is something this game needs. There are too many frames that encourages player to design them as solo monsters and you see this regularly on public runs. Which is bloody annoying. Some frames synergizes very well with others, but what about having 1 frame that synergizes very well with ALL frames?

Just think about it....

Shut up and take my money !

A frame that encourages players to work together is something this game needs. There are too many frames that encourages player to design them as solo monsters and you see this regularly on public runs. Which is bloody annoying. Some frames synergizes very well with others, but what about having 1 frame that synergizes very well with ALL frames?

Just think about it....

I've seen some very good concepts on this forum, and a lot of them have concept art...but I'm a programmer and have limited artistic skills...I feel like I should get some conceptual art done to help my plea for the frame that helps all others!!