Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemies Ignoring Smokescreen/invisibility.

Brimir

I reported previously that MOAs track you even if you use Smoke Screen/Invisibility in front of them. All other enemies stop shooting you when you enter stealth. I got the response that this was due to them tracking your "sound". I've now realized that answer does not apply and this is indeed a bug:

1. Tenno footsteps are silent; MOAs track you even when you are just running around in stealth. Makes no difference if you are making sounds or not.

2. Grineer Shield Lancers do it as well; it is a lot harder to see because they are less prone to actually use their Vipers but when they do they will aim perfectly at you (due to hitscan) when you enter stealth.

3. Neither the MOA nor Shield Lancer has any kind of lore reason to be able to see through stealth.

Personally I think it is tied in with how long their shooting animation is:

MOAs fire forever and thus have a very long "channeled" attack animation. Shield Lancers also take very long to complete their firing animation (they have to flip their shield out of the way, aim their gun and then fire for a few seconds). The problem is that once they have started to play their firing animation, the animation isn't cancelled when their target (i.e you) enter invisibility/smokescreen and they will keep firing at you until their animation plays through to the end. Again this is very problematic with MOAs since they fire forever.

More dynamic enemies that have shorter but more periodic shooting animations do lose track the instant you become invisible.

Edited by Brimir

Lets not forget we still have no stealth kill option for all corpus machinery. Heck not even takedowns from paralyses or stuns.

I kinda like that idea, personally.

It's like, not everything can be bypassed and instakilled via stealth, so you can be countered by synthetics.

I dunno, I think it's neat. But I get your point.

well, first of all, when your in stealth you do kown that your only vanishing to the naked eye, if you get close to me while on stealth I will kown you there, if your right in my face because of the air and the effect of the cloak, 2nd how are foot-steps silent, if you start running around of course people are going to hear you and they still see you if you are close to, the air and light will change.

Lastly MOAs are robots, they are made to scan people in stealth, also if you go right up to someones face and touch them, of course they will kown your their.

Also so what its not in the lore?, stop crying about your bad skills in stealth and start to think, Stealth dous not mean your no longer in the battle-field. this is not call of duty.

Stealth only makes you very transparent, it duos not muffle your sound, touch or how the air and light reacts to an transparent moving target. 

Thank you.

Edited by LegionCynex

Not to get offtopic here, but I'd say that the inability to stealth kill the Corpus robots is balanced by the fact they can't set off the alarm.

Lastly MOAs are robots, they are made to detract people in stealth

1. Who told you that? Seriously, source please. You're pulling that out of your butt, plain and simple.

2. Only regular MOAs do it; other MOAs do not. If MOAs were designed to be anti-invisibility they'd all be able to do it.

3. Shield Lancers do it as well and they are not robots.

Really, the issue is with enemies that have a long "channeled" shooting animation; the MOAs are notorious for being able to fire forever and the Shield Lancer has a very long animation for shooting; he has to flip his riot shield back, pull the gun forward and then fire for a good few seconds.

The problem is that once their animation starts, they are locked onto you and it doesn't let go when you become invisible - this is a bug, not a feature/mechanic.

Edited by Brimir

Honestly saying that they know where you are by "sounds" is just wrong on so many levels. Mainly because if MOAs and other machinery can hear your footsteps through invisibility, than that would imply that EVERYTHING can hear your footsteps, yet we can just run right by any other enemy.

I kinda like that idea, personally.

It's like, not everything can be bypassed and instakilled via stealth, so you can be countered by synthetics.

I dunno, I think it's neat. But I get your point.

It would be fine if Ospreys couldn't alert but since they can I can't stealth corpus.

Honestly saying that they know where you are by "sounds" is just wrong on so many levels. Mainly because if MOAs and other machinery can hear your footsteps through invisibility, than that would imply that EVERYTHING can hear your footsteps, yet we can just run right by any other enemy.

Only regular MOAs does it. Any other kind can't do it. That clearly indicates it is a bug tied to their continuous firing animation. Same with Shield Lancers, as I explained above.

Plus, Tenno footsteps are entirely silent mechanic-wise. It is NOT sound they are going after.

Edited by Brimir

well, first of all, when your in stealth you do kown that your only vanishing to the naked eye, if you get close to me while on stealth I will kown you there, if your right in my face because of the air and the effect of the cloak, 2nd how are foot-steps silent, if you start running around of course people are going to hear you and they still see you if you are close to, the air and light will change.

Lastly MOAs are robots, they are made to scan people in stealth, also if you go right up to someones face and touch them, of course they will kown your their.

Also so what its not in the lore?, stop crying about your bad skills in stealth and start to think, Stealth dous not mean your no longer in the battle-field. this is not call of duty.

Stealth only makes you very transparent, it duos not muffle your sound, touch or how the air and light reacts to an transparent moving target. 

Thank you.

First of all, the invisibility "effect" you see is there for one obvious reason : for you and your mates to know where you are. Saying enemies see it is irrelevant. They don't, it's a visual point for other players most likely. So no, you're not "transparent", you actually are completely invisible to your enemies.

Second, you can run around enemies with any frame as much as you want, as long as they haven't seen you, they won't notice. So again, irrelevant, probably an actual bug, or there's a crappy double standard here. Which would really be low.

Where do you get that MOAs are anti-stealth units? Just curious, nothing in the Codex or even the way they act and fight shows anything that validates this theory.^^'

It's true though that touching enemies doesn't (and shouldn't) go unnoticed.^^

I see no problem with this - They do not track you

Actually, yes. Yes they do. That is the big problem. Their animation remains locked onto you even if you use Invisibility/Smokescreen which means they track you for another salvo and then forget about you because they can't actually see you.

Edited by Brimir

This is indeed a bug with some units beeing able to shoot u after using smoke screen. Its normal they shoot on the location u used the ability but not to track you while on the ability. On the first seconds of smoke screen and running around these moas still shoot u but stop later. There is no such thing as footsteps on this game, u can take any frame and run on the back of units they dont notice and sneak attack, jump, tbag, sing, tell jokes whatever. They dont even care when u shoot them with a bow and they get hanged on wall next to another enemy, how can they hear footsepts. 

Thank you.

All u said here is complete lies. Dont be so rude and start using other frames than your insta iron skin rhino when u get deployed on a mission. Also i would like u to tell me where you saw that moas have X Ray vison. I dont know why u bothered posting on a tread about a frame u dont use or at least u should know how he actually works.

Other bugs i have noticed is on bladestorm: sometimes beeing stuck on map (walls, doors, etc) or falling from it and after a while fall from heaven back to the map; melee weapon equiped along with the weapon u were using b4 casting other times melee on the back gets channeling effects; after ability ends ash doesnt end on the position he was previously but on a position of an enemy he killed (isnt common but happened with me 2 or 3 times last days)