Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solving The Oxium Drought - Mining Operation In Spaaaaace!

BrazilianJoe

So, if you give us an EXCAVATION-style mission in spaaaaaace! to play with our Archwings. 

you can call it Excavation just fine, but how about calling it SPACE MINING, or SCAVENGING?

BUT...

Instead of 100 Cryotic, we get 10 Oxium per drill. 

Mining asteroids. 

While being attacked left and right, up and down...

Would be good to add variety to Archwing gameplay. For them to get less alpha state, and more fleshed out. 

Pleeease?

Those drills would also have SMALL chances of drilling other rare resources in their drop tables. Just assume we are mining on space graveyards of the Old War. 

Small chance to get Orokin Cells, Argon Crystals, Neural Sensors, Neurodes, depending on "planet" - asteroid field /space graveyard really - being mined instead of mods as rewards. 

Edited by BrazilianJoe

I would be all in for a "free space" mode where you can just chill and waste time farming like a Miner...because why the F*** not? 

Wouldn't even have to be some hardcore missiontype with a goal attached to it. You go out...explore...find some cool things. Surprise some enemy space convoys and then gtfo again.

Would also be cool if that could seamlessly go into other missions.

Example -> Free roam in space...farm some S#&$. See a Corpus Convoy -> Enter their ship -> Extermination mission -> leave ship and hop into space -> Let Ordis Pick you up again once you feel like you have done enough...or -> search for more -> Find Grineer Scout troop -> beat them up like a big boy -> Feel good about yourself.

Call that mission type "Free Orbiting" or something. Basically a randomly generated space tileset with a chance for other missions to appear within that roaming style mission.

Edited by Shehriazad

In the last 2 days, I've been averaging about 5 oxium per wave on the Pluto Interception missions. Going to wave 4 for a good chance at key has given more than 30 oxium per mission. Its a great place to get oxium, expecially if you're going for other things, like syndicate experience.

This is brilliant.

My only argument is with the small chance for other rare resources, because:

1. If it's small, but not small enough, everyone will do space mining to get their rare resources. This clumps everyone together and further reduces reasons to do other mission types. It's easy, useful, and efficient, but effects gameplay diversity negatively.

2. If it's too small, what's the point?

That being said, #2 is okay with me. #1 ain't, and that's just my opinion, mang.

I would be all in for a "free space" mode where you can just chill and waste time farming like a Miner...because why the F*** not? 

Wouldn't even have to be some hardcore missiontype with a goal attached to it. You go out...explore...find some cool things. Surprise some enemy space convoys and then gtfo again.

Would also be cool if that could seamlessly go into other missions.

Example -> Free roam in space...farm some S#&$. See a Corpus Convoy -> Enter their ship -> Extermination mission -> leave ship and hop into space -> Let Ordis Pick you up again once you feel like you have done enough...or -> search for more -> Find Grineer Scout troop -> beat them up like a big boy -> Feel good about yourself.

Call that mission type "Free Orbiting" or something. Basically a randomly generated space tileset with a chance for other missions to appear within that roaming style mission.

Reminds me of Partol misisons in Destiny. I like this idea.

Dunno if introducing more mission types into archwing mode is that smart at this point.

First they should get working what we have and damn that still needs quite some work.

That aside,did you try archwing interception yet?

Excavation would be even worse.

Maybe once they overhaul the whole targeting and damage model.

Yes, I have tried Archwing. 

I have filed a bunch of bugs, and suggested a larger bunch of gameplay improvements. 

Archwing is very raw, but they are 100% onto getting the bugs fixed, and improving gameplay. There are only 3 mission types, while in warframe there are many more. 

I see it as DE giving us an alpha-quality Archwing, so that 1) we help them quash bugs and 2) we tell them what we want, and they check the best idea within their vision to the game to implement. 

So, I am all for new mission types for Archwing, bugs notwithstanding (they'll get fixed eventually).

Ehhh while this would be fun, you also have to factor in the issue of trying to actually beat Excavation in Archwing sounds damn near impossible to me. The Ordonta archwing is downright terrible for defending against hordes, Yes if you sorrounded it and rotated your 1st ability you could do it, but I'm talking about your average joe group, not some skype group of buddies working together. This idea sounds cool but it would have to be implemented much later, when they have more archwing frames and weapons, because as it is now I don't think anyone other than the serious/rich players would be able to get far enough in for it to be worth it. They'd simply kill the drill before you could kill them all.