Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum Users Pay For A Worse Gaming Experience.

Orbister

So... with the inclusion of Archwing and the lengthy process of getting the Limbo Frame, players who decide to do the quest to enjoy the new lore and the story but decide to rush the building times get the worst part, simply because there is absolutely nobody to run quests with, this happened both with the Archwing quests and the Limbo quests as well, time walls are dividing the player base and making a worse user experience for everyone.

I don't like buying the already assembled items because it is fun for me to go and get the parts but i really hate waiting for those annoying building times, so i usually rush items, specially the new ones, the ones i'm excited about, this works perfectly with new weapons because you can jump in any missions with a new weapon but making Archwing as a requirement to run the Limbo quest and forcing us to build each part of the limbo quest in steps, one after the other just ruined the heart of this game itself, Co-op gaming.

I'm not against time walls themselves, i think they add a layer of "realism" but from now on i think it would be wise to of the think of the consequences before adding them, specially in quest-lines, i am always eager to play some scripted new quest, because it breaths some fresh air into the game, i wish in the future the "free to play" doesn't interrupt gameplay so much.

this is how Warframe has always been. you pay to skip the game, and have nothing to do anymore. as most players only play a game if there's a carrot to chase, playing it because it's 'fun' isn't an option.

the other facets of that, idunno. i understand their existence, even if i don't particularly like them.

And this is why patience is a thing...

Oh and if platinum users get a "worse gaming experience" as you say, than why do I still have no regrets on buying the 2nd Loki Prime Access pack and still loving the time I put in game...?

Edited by xGk1

make sure it isn't "night" time in your region, I live on the east coast of us and everyone is probably out cold for a few hours. so I wouldnt expect to play with anyone at the moment.

also the 'time' walls don't stop you from playing the game. you could go farm materials for your next frame or weapon. or go to the void

I wouldn't say all platinum users, just people who rush stuff/buy it out of hand.  There are other uses for platinum that facilitate a full Warframe experience, namely inventory slots and cosmetics. :P

And sometimes mods or parts after you are tired of running 75 Tower runs.

As usual always trolls come first to bash on a logical valid observation "and thash why pashiensh itz a twhing"

And, no, Warframe has not always been like this, this time around is the worst case in which the "free to play" model interferes with the gaming experience, full free to play players have to wait a lot of time and the ones that want to play the game but accept to support the gaming expending some plat can't play with those who didn't pay for it, the only "viable" option would be to pay for the whole completed items, which is just... boring.

I am not again this system as i mentioned before, but i think it would be wise to implement it in a way that it doesn't divide the playerbase so much that finding a squad is almost impossible.

You make a fair point, but Warframe still has one of the best free to play models around.

So that's something.

^Very true.

Anyways, there is logic behind your case, but personally, I'm all fine with people rushing for stuff. Just invite friends or clan/alliance mates to help you. Not only you get help, but you also have lots of fun doing so.

If your clan is deserted with no one talking, then it might be time to move to a different clan. :p

I see where you're coming from bruh, personally I've been having hell doing the limbo quest because form some reason there are almost no power carriers, and I can't simultaqneously defend the extractors and look for the power carriers that only seem to spawn in the next tile after the 5th ecxtractor, especially after the Grineer got buffed recently, their aim is perfect and the procs are high :/

I also understand that most clan / alliance people really don't have time to help you especially since they're grinding away from other stuff, and recruiting is basicly a barren wasteland at least when I'm online

Can't see where you going, did you imply people who bought things with plat have harder time or people who can't find friends to do mission are having harder time?

The first? can't say i know what you mean, i rush Archwing and have a great weekend, i bought Limbo and have fun soloing with him. Can't say i care about the quest, because it's pretty much just a lore i can read somewhere else. If i take it way back, i bought Excalibur and Volt with plat, instead of tunneling solar system with Loki/Rhino, i'm exploring with my 2 favorite warframes.

The later are applicable to both paying players and unpaying players, if you can't find friends you're going to have a hard time on hard mission regardless it's quest or just normal mission. So the problem and the solution is how to get friends to do the mission or asking DE to reduce the difficulty so it's easily solo able.

It is just a matter of time before this updates will get old and there'll be very few people doing the quest regardless of times. Future players are bound to solo or find friends because they won't just stumble into another player doing the same quest. So blaming the timewall now won't really fix anything.

Honestly i never understood why people buy the content outright the second it comes out when its useualy these people screaming at the top of there voice " we dont have anything new to work towards and we just keep grinding the top level stuff and the new quests were way to easy"

this is how Warframe has always been. you pay to skip the game, and have nothing to do anymore. as most players only play a game if there's a carrot to chase, playing it because it's 'fun' isn't an option.

the other facets of that, idunno. i understand their existence, even if i don't particularly like them.

Gaming in a nutshell.

.Onizuka., on 30 Oct 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

It's my content and I want it now is basically what I read.

I'd be saying the same thing, and honestly so should everyone else. You put in the work for the new item that you want so why should you have to wait an arbitrary amount of time to get your hands on it?

I can't think of any game out there that doesn't make everything readily available to you, whether they're free to play or pay to play. I don't play a ton of games, but I do know that out of all of them Warframe is the only game that does something like this. I feel that it's wrong. You do all the work for the item then you have to wait an arbitrary amount of time for... code to process?

I hear people argue that it's great for people who work to have a gun to come back to after it's set to cook, but I don't see how that even makes sense as opposed to immediately having your new gun/armor/accessory once you put in all the work to get it. I think patience is a virtue that has very little place in action games, and the patience in Warframe has zero relevance to the actual gameplay.

I've been thinking that Warframe is a good multiplayer online game with F2P MMOG elements, as opposed to a full on MMOG, something like TF2. With that in mind...

Free players need to get through farming, gathering materials and praying to RNG for the blueprint (which may take less than an hour to a few days), then a time wall to access free content, a time wall where they could have spent time playing with what they played so long for to unlock. I'm heavily reminded of detonite/fieldron/mutagen crafting when it first came out.

It's really amusing when... Thinking of the Kubrow and Archwing quests, they introduce content; then have you wait quite some time to play it, after you spend a lot of time trying to get the egg, the parts, and what not.

Time walls gotta go :V

Edited by DSMK2

I'd be saying the same thing, and honestly so should everyone else. You put in the work for the new item that you want so why should you have to wait an arbitrary amount of time to get your hands on it?

I can't think of any game out there that doesn't make everything readily available to you, whether they're free to play or pay to play. I don't play a ton of games, but I do know that out of all of them Warframe is the only game that does something like this. I feel that it's wrong. You do all the work for the item then you have to wait an arbitrary amount of time for... code to process?

I hear people argue that it's great for people who work to have a gun to come back to after it's set to cook, but I don't see how that even makes sense as opposed to immediately having your new gun/armor/accessory once you put in all the work to get it. I think patience is a virtue that has very little place in action games, and the patience in Warframe has zero relevance to the actual gameplay.

IOS games have shown that timers that keep people from playing are very successful. Two of the most prominent examples are build timers and energy recharge timers.

Both of which have generated cash. Impatience = money