Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get Christmas Themed Armor?

(PSN)Ariies

It was just an idea I had. Like maybe a santa's hat or reindeer antlers. Maybe a santa type cloak for a syandana.

Maybe a Christmas Tree for the dojo and some presents, sleighs, and reindeer for decorations.

Maybe some armament that looks similar to these:

zZJg6q5.jpg

MnPBU5b.jpg

YrYoZJH.jpg

BuGSV2h.png

hlwB0E2.png

Edited by (PS4)Ariies

No.

Because we all know the forums will explode with rage over it breaking the "seriousness" of the game and it being optional and hardly visible is no excuse. Even if it isn't blatantly Christmas themed and fits well enough It will probably not be received well.

Paranoia of WF slipping into the swirling vortex of TF2 hats and sillyness will ensue.

Next thing you know fluropink fedoras and top hats will be a mandatory addition to frames...

Loki will explode in a shower of confetti when he switch teleports, all of embers abilities will have fire work effects, mirage will have all abilities replaced with disco balls, Rhinos codpeice will have a forced image of Danny Deveto holding  a lobster embalzoned on it...

MEMES WILL BE EVERYWHERE! THE KWEENS WILL BE REPLACED WITH DOLPHINS AND THE GRINEER WILL WEAR NOTHING BUT PARTY HATS! THE CORPUS WILL BROADCAST "SPOOKY SCARY SKELETONS" AROUND THE SOLAR SYSTEM ENDLESSLY! 

In the end it wasn't the Grineer's thirst for power that brought and end to the Origin system, nor the Corpus's obsessive desire for profit. Not even the Sentients had time to reemerge before the chaos consumed all...

It was but the lowly, slightly comical, minor cosmetic that sent us all to our fates.

Now nothing in the Origin system remains...

All that is left is flamboyant colours, funny hats and the distant howls of permanent laughter as all living beings cease to exist...

(I'd actually like christmas-ish/winter themed armor though, as long as it looks rad and sufficiently badass)

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I'm okay with little things like candy-cane weapons and expiring moustaches, but permanent seasonal cosmetics like santa hats and such are what eventually cause a game's art style to slowly degrade into an overly flashy mess that looks nothing like what the game was originally intending to be. Take a look at what happened to Vindictus.

(For those who haven't played it, it basically went from a dark, gritty skin-your-enemies-and-wear-them-as-armor universe to an over-the-top "fully-fledged Korean MMO" universe with flaming devil wings and giant poofy bunny suits in a matter of years because of this "cosmetic creep".)

If the cosmetics expire (e.g. moustaches), or if they are event-themed but don't do much to break immersion if seen outside that event (e.g. the tiny halloween wing shoulder armors), then I'm fine. But something as innocent as santa hats and reindeer antlers are what cause a game's art style to snowball into an absolute mess.

Not saying no to winter cosmetics, mind you. But to the devs: please, tread carefully. Don't walk in Vindictus' footsteps.

Personally would enjoy seeing some sort of Christmas-holiday design of armor for the Tenno. Perhaps have some sort of holiday for the Tenno explained with the appearance of said armor designs; perhaps a brand new warframe that is steeped in some sort of holiday/festival lore. =) In any case, would definitely like some Christmas armor

I would like them to do something like the Day of the Dead skins. There are plenty of cultures with Christmas/Winter Solstice/Etc. traditions that aren't as tacky as the Canadian/American version. DE can surely find some inspiration there.

I guess what I'm saying is I want a Krampus inspired armour set :P

Edited by ValhaHazred

No.

Because we all know the forums will explode with rage over it breaking the "seriousness" of the game and it being optional and hardly visible is no excuse. Even if it isn't blatantly Christmas themed and fits well enough It will probably not be received well.

Paranoia of WF slipping into the swirling vortex of TF2 hats and sillyness will ensue.

Next thing you know fluropink fedoras and top hats will be a mandatory addition to frames...

Loki will explode in a shower of confetti when he switch teleports, all of embers abilities will have fire work effects, mirage will have all abilities replaced with disco balls, Rhinos codpeice will have a forced image of Danny Deveto holding  a lobster embalzoned on it...

MEMES WILL BE EVERYWHERE! THE KWEENS WILL BE REPLACED WITH DOLPHINS AND THE GRINEER WILL WEAR NOTHING BUT PARTY HATS! THE CORPUS WILL BROADCAST "SPOOKY SCARY SKELETONS" AROUND THE SOLAR SYSTEM ENDLESSLY! 

In the end it wasn't the Grineer's thirst for power that brought and end to the Origin system, nor the Corpus's obsessive desire for profit. Not even the Sentients had time to reemerge before the chaos consumed all...

It was but the lowly, slightly comical, minor cosmetic that sent us all to our fates.

Now nothing in the Origin system remains...

All that is left is flamboyant colours, funny hats and the distant howls of permanent laughter as all living beings cease to exist...

(I'd actually like christmas-ish/winter themed armor though, as long as it looks rad and sufficiently badass)

TBH all seriousness was lost when we got space Jarvis

Can this wait until December? I get that you're all excited about Christmas, but c'mon, we're still remembering the Fifth of November. 

I'm only half joking here. I just find it amazing that less than a week after Halloween people are already talking about Christmas

No.

I hear what you're saying. It doesn't all have to be permanent or comical. Nothing wrong with showing some holiday spirit. I forgot to add some pics, so i added them just now.

I'm okay with little things like candy-cane weapons and expiring moustaches, but permanent seasonal cosmetics like santa hats and such are what eventually cause a game's art style to slowly degrade into an overly flashy mess that looks nothing like what the game was originally intending to be. Take a look at what happened to Vindictus.

(For those who haven't played it, it basically went from a dark, gritty skin-your-enemies-and-wear-them-as-armor universe to an over-the-top "fully-fledged Korean MMO" universe with flaming devil wings and giant poofy bunny suits in a matter of years because of this "cosmetic creep".)

If the cosmetics expire (e.g. moustaches), or if they are event-themed but don't do much to break immersion if seen outside that event (e.g. the tiny halloween wing shoulder armors), then I'm fine. But something as innocent as santa hats and reindeer antlers are what cause a game's art style to snowball into an absolute mess.

Not saying no to winter cosmetics, mind you. But to the devs: please, tread carefully. Don't walk in Vindictus' footsteps.

Vindictus was pretty baddass. I don't want comical. A nice blend of holiday and tenno ingenuity.

Some badass armor with old motifs would be awesome tho

Thats kind of the idea i was going for. Maybe a hot skin motif for the Ageis

Can this wait until December? I get that you're all excited about Christmas, but c'mon, we're still remembering the Fifth of November. 

I'm only half joking here. I just find it amazing that less than a week after Halloween people are already talking about Christmas

Yeah, It takes time to make this stuff. Hell, my kids start making christmas lists in july.

Yeah....so don't want any more weapon skins like that. May have well had a snowball cannon.

Actually I was trying to make the point that the game was still rather serious after those came out, and they were left in the game (I still have mine!).

Actually I was trying to make the point that the game was still rather serious after those came out, and they were left in the game (I still have mine!).

True, I just didn't like them too much. To each his own right? Warframe is going to be warframe no matter what cosmetics we have as long as the game play style and main graphics stay the same.

I hear what you're saying. It doesn't all have to be permanent or comical. Nothing wrong with showing some holiday spirit. I forgot to add some pics, so i added them just now.

I was actually being obnoxiously sarcastic. The occasional cosmetic, silly or a bit odd, doesn't bother me. 

It was a shot at how worked up people have been getting over the mustaches

I was actually being obnoxiously sarcastic. The occasional cosmetic, silly or a bit odd, doesn't bother me. 

It was a shot at how worked up people have been getting over the mustaches

Ahh. I dont mind those too much. Looks weird, but if people dont like em, dont use em. Nothing to get work up over.

Edited by (PS4)Ariies