Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Feel This Is The Best Time To Ask For Energy Ammo Pool.

Deviantis

With all eyes on the Opticor, I would like to see people's opinion on having a recharging energy pool for energy weapons such as the Dera, Detron, Lanka, Opticor, etc.

The pool itself would be limited but recharges, allowing for the reload animations to still be relevant.

Update 1:

The problem now is the size of the ammo pool, since energy weapons vary wildly when it comes to efficiency, I suggest something like 300 taking Glaxion into consideration, but that's quite a lot for weapons like the Quanta and Lanka. Perhaps individual reserve amount for each weapon? Something like 2x base reserve clips?

Update 2: HAYABU5A has suggested an overheat mechanic that will reduce the capacity of the clip to prevent excessive firing times. I feel this is a great addition to this idea, keep 'em coming guys!

Update 3: after some responses on the overheating subject, I think the limited reserve size is enough of a limitation to forego an overheat mechanic

Edited by Deviantis

Interesting...

Could give energy weapons a nice little unique advantage and would be great for bullet hoses like the supra.

The problem is some weapons like the supra still have an actual magazine and don't work like the Dera, which seems to just require you release the excess heat to stop the battery from blowing up after you burn through so many shots.

Could always change the animations for those weapons though.

The problem now is the size of the ammo pool, since energy weapons vary wildly when it comes to efficiency, I suggest something like 300 taking Glaxion into consideration, but that's quite a lot for weapons like the Quanta and Lanka. Perhaps individual reserve amount for each weapon? Something like 2x base reserve clips?

OP updated.

How about Fieldron battery, Detonite Explosive and Biomass?

Fieldron battery is an ammo type that goes into Amprex, Dera, Supra, Cestra, Dual Cestra, Tetra, Lanka, Opticor, Nukor, Quanta, Galaxion, Spectra

Detonite Explosive goes into Ogris, Penta, Angstrum, Castanas,

Biomass goes into Acrid, Embolist, Torid, Phage, Synapse, Mutalist Quanta

Keep with the internal logic and lore

Weapons that currently use sniper ammo could simply use multiple "bullets" in each shot.

Really, Ammo in general needs a rework.  There were threads a long time ago regarding this which led to the over-nerf to the Penta and Ogris.

Reserve ammo should be determined by the individual weapons, not the weapon class.  Ammo drops should be changed to give you back either a small percentage of your ammo pool or magazine.

There's no point to having 4 ammo types when you make use of 2 at most.

What are you talking about? Ogris and Penta are still ridiculously powerful and ammo efficient

The suggested ammo rework for them was simply to switch them over to the 72-round sniper/"special" ammo pool. The decision to drop them to 20 rounds was unwarranted.

I think this is how the supra can work.

recharging ammo pool (or heat bar, whatever floats your choccoboat)

once ammo is fully drained/heat bar reaches max, then reload comes in to play (gotta replace the battery or feildron you just fried or melted down.)

The suggested ammo rework for them was simply to switch them over to the 72-round sniper/"special" ammo pool. The decision to drop them to 20 rounds was unwarranted.

Unwarranted in the sense that 72 grenades is the right number of grenades and any more would've been too much (like 520 totally was) and 20 is too little?

Cause if so then I disagree. It still takes only 1 of these grenades to kill an entire squad with either Penta or Ogris. Every sniper ammo pack is still going to give you 10 grenades whether you can carry 20 or 72. I've run with Ogris plenty since the nerf and I've never even come close to running out of ammo. I'd put todays Ogris on par with Latron Prime in terms of ammo efficiency.

feed it with your frame energy!!!

nah that would make you unable to use skils later.

i think self/auto recharging batteries are kinda like an unlimited ammo hack

why not? most game we played there always a faction weaponry that has ammo regen. OP idea is ammo would regen slowly overtime.

Edited by ZzVinniezZ

I recently started a thread on what people think the Supra needs and this overcharge/overheat mechanic cropped up a lot. A lot of the energy weapons seem in a bit of a sorry state at present, and ammo consumption/replenishing seems to be the issue in more than one instance. I really like the idea of ammo pickups restoring a flat percentage of your ammo pool - it makes much more sense. However the recharge mechanic sounds very cool, and very fitting for Corpus tech.

The ogris and penta were changed to "stop single-spot farming", but now that's the *only* way they're useful. They definitely should have just used the default sniper ammo pool.

As for energy weapon regen, I'm not sure how it could be done without being a heavy nerf in most cases. I would much rather simply reload than sit there waiting for it to recharge.

How about Fieldron battery, Detonite Explosive and Biomass?

Fieldron battery is an ammo type that goes into Amprex, Dera, Supra, Cestra, Dual Cestra, Tetra, Lanka, Opticor, Nukor, Quanta, Galaxion, Spectra

Detonite Explosive goes into Ogris, Penta, Angstrum, Castanas,

Biomass goes into Acrid, Embolist, Torid, Phage, Synapse, Mutalist Quanta

Keep with the internal logic and lore

Weapons that currently use sniper ammo could simply use multiple "bullets" in each shot.

I like this idea and the overall idea of this thread.

The ogris and penta were changed to "stop single-spot farming", but now that's the *only* way they're useful. They definitely should have just used the default sniper ammo pool.

As for energy weapon regen, I'm not sure how it could be done without being a heavy nerf in most cases. I would much rather simply reload than sit there waiting for it to recharge.

That is the whole idea! It's like having spare batteries for your camera, just swap out the battery and stick the spent one on your space ninja magic charger. Edited by Deviantis

That is the whole idea! It's like having spare batteries for your camera, just swap out the battery and stick the spent one on your space ninja magic charger.

To be sure: If there's 20 ammo boxes sitting on the ground, and I'm at 0 ammo, in your world, I cannot walk over those boxes and instantly reach max ammo?

If not: This sounds unpleasant.

If so: The level of imbalance that's presenting is worrisome.