Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

=Updated= Learn The Orokin Language (Course)

(PSN)NearlyDedicated

Memrise Course: http://www.memrise.com/course/425296/tenno-script-2/

Next Update: Random sentences, larger images, and vocal examples for words / phrases / sentences. 

To be released... (11/16/14)

SETsc7G.png

Greetings, Tenno.

A while back, I stared a course on Memrise introducing findings on the Orokin/Tenno language, discovered by a few forum "colleagues" of mine. It was horribly outdated, and with DE releasing the true key here (https://warframe.com/news/tenno-language-decoded) after noticing the community's growing interest, it was (quite frankly) misleading.

I've updated it, however! Now it goes a long with DE's language key - introducing letters, numerals, words...and goes on to construct sentences in the Orokin script. The course is free, but you will need to sign up for a free Memrise account to participate. 

Memrise is a language-aid tool which makes use of small game-like features to ensure easy language learning. Find my course here, or at the top of this page: http://www.memrise.com/course/425296/tenno-script-2/

So go forth, Tenno! Learn your ancient ways, and read your ancient tongue!

~Nearly

------------------------------------------

Spot any errors in the course? Questions about the Orokin language? Need some help? I'm here for all three! Just leave me a PM, or respond to the thread below.

Font link (Thanks to Dyslexy and Llyzza): http://dylexy.deviantart.com/art/Orokin-Language-V-2-492621455

Edited by (PS4)NearlyDedicated

did i write my name right? had to use k for c cos cresent using tenno text would be krehsehnt moon. so cm would turn into km lol km haha grim would be grihm.. so i think i to it right maybe

25t9h.jpg

Looks accurate to me, if you pronounce the clan tag as you would the full name like you said.  If it were to be pronounced as "CM", it'd be the characters for "S EE M."

Which I would type, if this forum had a font for it, or supported the font being copy/pasted.

did i write my name right? had to use k for c cos cresent using tenno text would be krehsehnt moon. so cm would turn into km lol km haha grim would be grihm.. so i think i to it right maybe

25t9h.jpg

You're on the money! (Correct)

-snip-

ninja'd. and there is a font (I'll provide a download link in the OP) added to OP!

Looks accurate to me, if you pronounce the clan tag as you would the full name like you said.  If it were to be pronounced as "CM", it'd be the characters for "S EE M."

Which I would type, if this forum had a font for it, or supported the font being copy/pasted.

Grihm-SEEM-

358nx1h.jpg

Could someone help me, I have small problem  memrise course, everything goes fine until (Period), (Comma) and (Hyphen), not matter what I write in it doesn't accept it.

I had that issue as well.  I just set those three to be ignored as a workaround so I could progress.  They're not that particularly hard to remember, anyway.

Could someone help me, I have small problem  memrise course, everything goes fine until (Period), (Comma) and (Hyphen), not matter what I write in it doesn't accept it.

I had that issue as well.  I just set those three to be ignored as a workaround so I could progress.  They're not that particularly hard to remember, anyway.

Sorry! I'm trying to bugfix, but it doesn't seem it's on my end (Memrise error).

For now, go to Levels>Level2>Ignore Tool (Top right)>Select Comma, Period, and Hyphen> Ignore. They won't show up, and will show as learned. 

Despite this fix, I will be looking for a way to incorporate it into the lessons. Sorry!

Fixed!

Sorry! I'm trying to bugfix, but it doesn't seem it's on my end (Memrise error).

For now, go to Levels>Level2>Ignore Tool (Top right)>Select Comma, Period, and Hyphen> Ignore. They won't show up, and will show as learned. 

Despite this fix, I will be looking for a way to incorporate it into the lessons. Sorry!

Dont be sorry I am already VERY grateful for all that you have done for us :)

This was a lot of fun, I did have to type out "period" for example and not "."... also it was hard to read the large sentences because they were so small and cheated by just looking for patterns. Otherwise I will continue coming back to this course and refreshing my self, great work.

This was a lot of fun, I did have to type out "period" for example and not "."... also it was hard to read the large sentences because they were so small and cheated by just looking for patterns. Otherwise I will continue coming back to this course and refreshing my self, great work.

I can confirm random sentences are in the works, as well as larger sentence image sizes. Check "Next update" in OP!

Just a heads up, but the B character needs some cleaning up as the edging is a bit rough where it should be smooth. This pushed me towards a couple mistakes, and towards recognising it by image artefacts and not the character itself.

Edited by Kthal

Memrise Course: http://www.memrise.com/course/425296/tenno-script-2/

Next Update: Random sentences, larger images, and vocal examples for words / phrases / sentences. 

To be released... (11/9/14)

SETsc7G.png

Greetings, Tenno.

A while back, I stared a course on Memrise introducing findings on the Orokin/Tenno language, discovered by a few forum "colleagues" of mine. It was horribly outdated, and with DE releasing the true key here (https://warframe.com/news/tenno-language-decoded) after noticing the community's growing interest, it was (quite frankly) misleading.

I've updated it, however! Now it goes a long with DE's language key - introducing letters, numerals, words...and goes on to construct sentences in the Orokin script. The course is free, but you will need to sign up for a free Memrise account to participate. 

Memrise is a language-aid tool which makes use of small game-like features to ensure easy language learning. Find my course here, or at the top of this page: http://www.memrise.com/course/425296/tenno-script-2/

So go forth, Tenno! Learn your ancient ways, and read your ancient tongue!

~Nearly

------------------------------------------

Spot any errors in the course? Questions about the Orokin language? Need some help? I'm here for all three! Just leave me a PM, or respond to the thread below.

Font link (Thanks to Dyslexy and Llyzza): http://dylexy.deviantart.com/art/Orokin-Language-V-2-492621455

it only display: Log-in or Sign-up

...things i don't want to do, or even think about

soo, what you pointing with this link?, am i obligated to register to this crap?, isn't there any other means to display your work?

thanks for the efforts and keep up the good work tenno :)

Greetings ~5hino~

soo, what you pointing with this link?, am i obligated to register to this crap?, isn't there any other means to display your work?

Greetings ~5hino~

Memrise courses cannot be taken without making an account on the site; there's no way around that.  None that I know of, anyway.

Greetings ~5hino~

You need to sign up for Memrise to participate. Sorry! 

And as for the "B" character mentioned on the previous page, this is being looked right now.