Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It Does Work... [Login Reward]

LOYALTOTHEGANK

And yet, I still don't believe anyone in the slightest amount.

Fact? Record it, right now. Upload it and show it to everyone.

I would.... If I didn't have a GTS 250 and the game already running on max settings + SweetFX

OR

The fact that I already.. you know.. got my reward.

Then record the next one.

As you wish!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mqARQi_aAc

I had only one beforehand, and I believe the normal timer lasts one tick longer (though I'm not certain!). I'm well aware this is far from enough evidence and will try to accumulate more over the next few days. :)

I got a reactor blueprint yesterday, so it works or I have really good luck, haha.

As you wish!

I had only one beforehand, and I believe the normal timer lasts one tick longer (though I'm not certain!). I'm well aware this is far from enough evidence and will try to accumulate more over the next few days. :)

I got a reactor blueprint yesterday, so it works or I have really good luck, haha.

All I can say is some might blast you for not showing your inventory beforehand to prove that your Catalyst BP count did in fact go up. I'll be willing to make a video series over an extended period of time if someone can confirm for me that MSI Afterburner or Fraps won't get picked up by the new anti-cheat protocol.

As you wish!

I call b*(*@&t for a variety of reasons, if you REALLY want to have valid evidence of it you'll need to be logged in and show your full inventory beforehand and then log out. Then in and get the reward. Or hell make a new account to prove it from start to finish at account creation to item recieved. Remember the burden of evidence/proof/etc is on the one claiming it works/exists, not on those saying it does not.

All I can say is some might blast you for not showing your inventory beforehand to prove that your Catalyst BP count did in fact go up. I'll be willing to make a video series over an extended period of time if someone can confirm for me that MSI Afterburner or Fraps won't get picked up by the new anti-cheat protocol.

Well aware! Unfortunately, it's impossible to prove that I had only one beforehand - the login reward spin starts up immediately once I log in. I will note here that I currently have 3 Catalyst BPs, though, 3rd one coming from the alert that I hadn't yet done.

Fraps definitely doesn't get picked up; I used it (and wasn't banned after relogging to do the alert, lol). No idea if Afterburner is picked up, though.

I call b*(*@&t for a variety of reasons, if you REALLY want to have valid evidence of it you'll need to be logged in and show your full inventory beforehand and then log out. Then in and get the reward. Or hell make a new account to prove it from start to finish at account creation to item recieved. Remember the burden of evidence/proof/etc is on the one claiming it works/exists, not on those saying it does not.

As said, quite aware. Creating a new account is a good idea, actually; not sure why I didn't think of that. Wouldn't have had to dump a stupid censor over my email, too, haha.

Logging in and out would take too long and would require very specific timing, which I can't necessarily do every day - I'd have to stay logged in past the time, then relog. I have school, so I won't be able to do that except on the weekends. Starting with a blank slate account that has only a rank 1 Excalibur should be enough proof without having to do that relogging stuff, I hope?

...actually, would it be necessary to even do it over a long time if multiple base accounts were used? Can someone tell me if this is against Warframe's EULA or something?

Edit: I'd also like to note that any subsequent videos should be sufficient proof based on just this video. It records my current platinum, and all alerts that go up for catalysts/reactors are recorded. In other words, it would be impossible for me to fake getting a login reward.

I wouldn't fake it anyway, but even I wouldn't trust my memory 100%, hah.

Edited by Quetzhal

As said, quite aware. Creating a new account is a good idea, actually; not sure why I didn't think of that. Wouldn't have had to dump a stupid censor over my email, too, haha.

Logging in and out would take too long and would require very specific timing, which I can't necessarily do every day - I'd have to stay logged in past the time, then relog. I have school, so I won't be able to do that except on the weekends. Starting with a blank slate account that has only a rank 1 Excalibur should be enough proof without having to do that relogging stuff, I hope?

...actually, would it be necessary to even do it over a long time if multiple base accounts were used? Can someone tell me if this is against Warframe's EULA or something?

You're in the clear, don't worry.

TraumaHUnter, words are cheap, even if you really did without supporting evidence you simply weaken the claims of those that this does work. Anyhow I went and read through the TOS/EULA and the only part that you could even possibly (as far as I can tell, mind they do have sections saying they can terminate anytime any reason of course) is 

"When creating an Account which involves forming a unique user identity ("User ID")  and password, you agree to (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information as requested in the required fields (the "Account Information") and (ii) promptly maintain and update such User ID and your Account Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.  

You, as creator of your Account and User ID, are solely responsible for your User ID. Digital Extremes will not tolerate offensive or obscene User IDs. If a User ID violates any part of these terms, DE may immediately, temporarily, or permanently ban such a User ID, with or without notice. "

As supporting evidence the only vague part they could terminate on is the following. Which is of course unlikely.

"Your Account may be deactivated if you do not use your Account within twelve months after the date that it was created or for any continuous period of twelve months after creation. If you do not use your Account for twelve or more months, it may be removed and deleted by the Website administrator at their sole discretion. We will endeavor to use reasonable efforts to notify you by e-mail before we delete your Account, unless we are deleting your User ID for a violation of these terms or discontinuation of the Service. However, we will not be liable in any manner for any failure to give notice. If you advise us within five days of the notice that you want to keep your Account active, we will not delete it. If you do not so notify us, your Account may be permanently deleted, along with your User ID, records, ranks and service information. Please note that regardless of any notice, Digital Extremes reserves the right to discontinue the Use/Service or to terminate or suspend your account at any time in its sole discretion for any reason, or for no reason."
Edited by Squig

That <p> bug is weird.

As far as I know, it only works on the last 2-3 ticks, and you have to click fairly quickly. Still can't make any guarantees, though; as people have said, the video itself isn't solid enough proof (nor did I intend it as such; it was merely meant to be the first in a series of videos).

You're in the clear, don't worry.

Good to know! I'll see what I can do. Class starts in an hour and I'm a little slow with this stuff. Can't remember if they give you a login reward on day one, either.

TraumaHUnter, words are cheap, even if you really did without supporting evidence you simply weaken the claims of those that this does work. Anyhow I went and read through the TOS/EULA and the only part that you could even possibly (as far as I can tell, mind they do have sections saying they can terminate anytime any reason of course) is 

"When creating an Account which involves forming a unique user identity ("User ID")  and password, you agree to (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information as requested in the required fields (the "Account Information") and (ii) promptly maintain and update such User ID and your Account Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.  
You, as creator of your Account and User ID, are solely responsible for your User ID. Digital Extremes will not tolerate offensive or obscene User IDs. If a User ID violates any part of these terms, DE may immediately, temporarily, or permanently ban such a User ID, with or without notice. "

As supporting evidence the only vague part they could terminate on is the following. Which is of course unlikely.

"Your Account may be deactivated if you do not use your Account within twelve months after the date that it was created or for any continuous period of twelve months after creation. If you do not use your Account for twelve or more months, it may be removed and deleted by the Website administrator at their sole discretion. We will endeavor to use reasonable efforts to notify you by e-mail before we delete your Account, unless we are deleting your User ID for a violation of these terms or discontinuation of the Service. However, we will not be liable in any manner for any failure to give notice. If you advise us within five days of the notice that you want to keep your Account active, we will not delete it. If you do not so notify us, your Account may be permanently deleted, along with your User ID, records, ranks and service information. Please note that regardless of any notice, Digital Extremes reserves the right to discontinue the Use/Service or to terminate or suspend your account at any time in its sole discretion for any reason, or for no reason."

Thanks! Given they only really ask for email with regards to true information, I'll hope I'm in the clear, haha. Not like I can put in a fake email. And DE has always been awesome and reasonable, and this is for science, so...

(To be perfectly honest, if the devs themselves have said it doesn't work, I have to be a little skeptical of my results myself. We'll see what the video evidence provides.)

It can't be reliably proven simply because of human error (reflex speed, perception bias.) So either we need a confirmation from a dev, somebody pulls out the info from the source code, or someone finds a 100%, irrefutable way of proving this works.

No, this doesn't work. The Developers found out about it weeks ago, said that it wasn't supposed to happen (both on the forums and in a live stream) and they fixed it.

This is interesting. From this statement (source?), it is real. It is possible it hasn't actually been "fixed," and therefor, adds more ground to the fact that clicking on the login reward will have you receive said reward.

Remember the burden of evidence/proof/etc is on the one claiming it works/exists, not on those saying it does not.

However, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.  Without proof for or against, it is uncertain whether it works or not.  In order to say with certainty that it does not work, you would need evidence (and dev comments are not strict evidence, as devs can be wrong).

Wait a second, if I showed a "practically" untouched alt account that had no completion whatsoever (excluding login reward bonuses), and displayed the above-average number of Catalyst/Reactor BPs I had collected, wouldn't that be proof enough? Sure, you could make the argument that I got all of them without clicking, but we all know what the realistic roll for those are, and my numbers would definitely blow past that.

Edited by MiaovenWinter

It can't be reliably proven simply because of human error (reflex speed, perception bias.) So either we need a confirmation from a dev, somebody pulls out the info from the source code, or someone finds a 100%, irrefutable way of proving this works.

This is interesting. From this statement (source?), it is real. It is possible it hasn't actually been "fixed," and therefor, adds more ground to the fact that clicking on the login reward will have you receive said reward.

True enough, but existing evidence can point towards one answer or the other. If we know the following:

1) Catalyst/Reactor rewards are relatively rare.

2) Each login spin takes a set amount of time. (Not sure on this.)

Thus, if you click on a reward before that timer is up (you'd have to set up a comparison), and get the reward you clicked on, well... that by itself isn't proof enough, is it? But if it happened even 2-3 times, given the relative rarity of Catalyst/Reactor blueprints, you can be relatively sure that the method does work on some systems (I think someone posted earlier that it might be system-specific).

Course, it doesn't necessarily have to be catalyst or reactor blueprints; it's just that those specific ones help.

That said, I'd welcome anyone else attempting video proof of this stuff. I've created a dummy account and will probably set up 2-3 more, but I don't want to make that many (because I'd feel bad for taking advantage of DE's servers), even if I delete them afterwards. Also, you don't get a login reward on the first day, so even if I make everything today I'd have to gather video proof tomorrow. That's assuming one star login rewards will even show a reactor during the roll, so I might accidentally wait too long. Ultimately, it's probably still going to take a couple of days.

Don't need to show account creation process, as I figure I can simply show that the account is still at the starting 50 plat with nothing else, and with only Terminus (and M Prime, on one of them, cause I decided to run Terminus in case it unlocked the login reward) unlocked. As long as no alert pops up on either of those two in the next few days, it ought to be evidence enough. Also, that first side account aside, the player stats (0 killed, etc) should help as proof.

oh my god you're right

Nabbed a Reactor just now. 

Congrats! Great feeling, isn't it? Heh.

EDIT: Unless any of the devs want to give me 10 free login rolls? :P This would be much easier with dev help!

Edited by Quetzhal

(source?)

That would require sifting through weeks, months of threads and posts and a couple hours of live stream. That information is not easily found.

When this bug worked, you could click on the rewards from start finish. The first reward that you clicked on would not change until you stopped clicking. They would, essentially, "lock" into place, so long as you kept clicking until the cycling ended.

I have tried to attempt this again ever since these rumors started popping up again, but it never worked. The rewards didn't lock when I clicked on them, regardless of the speed. Clicking until it "ended" resulted in not knowing what was actually received.

If you notice in that video that was posted, the Orokin Catalyst reward box had already faded to black and was cycling into the final reward when he had finally clicked on it.

I logged in a while ago to record it myself, but MSI afterburner doesn't seem to work with Warframe anymore. Even though I couldn't record it, I still tried it anyway. I had the same thing happen that happened in the video, but it was a Reactor.

Before the Login Rewards, I had two Reactors from the last 12 hour alerts DE has done after their live streams. (I wasn't available for the one today/yesterday) After the Login Rewards, I still had two Reactors.

When I started clicking, the rewards never locked. It was coming to it's last cycles and the Reactor popped up at the same point as the Catalyst in the video. I kept clicking, but it faded to black and was already gone when my next click closed the Login Rewards, just like in the video.

I have no idea what I actually received, but it certainly wasn't that Reactor.

Edited by FatalX7