Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It Does Work... [Login Reward]

LOYALTOTHEGANK

I logged in a while ago to record it myself, but MSI afterburner doesn't seem to work with Warframe anymore. Even though I couldn't record it, I still tried it anyway. I had the same thing happen that happened in the video, but it was a Reactor.

You need to make sure you aren't running the 64-bit client. MSI AB's DX hook has never worked with 64-bit applications.

You need to make sure you aren't running the 64-bit client. MSI AB's DX hook has never worked with 64-bit applications.

That option has been unchecked since the first day I played, as the Steam Overlay never worked otherwise.

Edited by FatalX7

If you notice in that video that was posted, the Orokin Catalyst reward box had already faded to black and was cycling into the final reward when he had finally clicked on it.

From experience, what happens is that there's a very small delay between your click and the box dissapearing. You get what you click, even though if for a split second it looks like it was changing to the next item.

That's not how things work.

yes it is, because if it didn't work it means you clicked when the images were still rotating too fast. I don't know the certain moment where pictures become clickable as it is hard to test....

One would have to time how long it takes for all the pictures to finish rotating and then try until you find the 1st clickable picture. A lot of work and a lot of wasted potatos.

Edited by CaligoIllioneus

From experience, what happens is that there's a very small delay between your click and the box dissapearing. You get what you click, even though if for a split second it looks like it was changing to the next item.

My reply: Or, you simply think you got the reward you clicked on because you never actually see the final reward.

yes it is, because if it didn't work it means you clicked when the images were still rotating too fast. I don't know the certain moment where pictures become clickable as it is hard to test....

One would have to time how long it takes for all the pictures to finish rotating and then try until you find the 1st clickable picture. A lot of work and a lot of wasted potatos.

It is? So much for consistent data.

If you notice in that video that was posted, the Orokin Catalyst reward box had already faded to black and was cycling into the final reward when he had finally clicked on it.

In my experience, that is exactly what happens if you click early - it fades to black, then makes that weird sound and you get your reward.

As said, though, in my experience, and as people are quick to point out, it's subject to bias. :) Though I do recall another poster saying something about the bug potentially being system specific... That might be why it hasn't worked for you. Doesn't really make any sense to me, but I'll let the more techy people work that out. I can just do videos.

In any case, when the login rewards become available, I will record 5 clips - my current (main) account, which in theory will hopefully get another potato. Four side accounts, one of which has done Terminus and only Terminus because I was hoping it would trigger the login reward. Since that's 'compromised', so to speak, I'll use that clip as a comparative clip (that is, to show how long a normal login spin is). Note: My main account currently has 3 catalyst blueprints, one more than the video because of the livestream alert.

On each, I will show the player stats to prove that the account hasn't been played in any possible alert that might come up between now and tomorrow. Platinum will be displayed in the upper left corner as usual, though that doesn't mean anything since you can't buy the blueprints with platinum. I trust these are acceptable conditions.

Of course, since I want to wait for a good reward before clicking, it's entirely possible that I might be a little too hesitant and click only after the roll has ended (yay self-doubt!), so I'm not sure I'll be able to record all of it. Will still try; just need to remember to bring my external HDD.

Anyone else that wants to do a video, please go ahead. I get derpy with these things and any accompanying proof would be highly appreciated given that 5 or so clips are not necessarily sufficient proof (though it would require a hell of a coincidence). xD

Edit: Throwing up a quick screenshot of what my main currently looks like. Reactor finished cooking, so that blueprint is gone, and I used 20 plat to buy a warframe slot for the Loki that also finished cooking.

warframe201304251926224.png

Edited by Quetzhal

It doesn't work. I tried 3 days at row AND I CLICKED ON OROKYNS PERFECTLY. I didn't receive it any way. 
I didn't miss, there is not a single doubt about that. 

Today when i clicked on image of blue potato it blinked and appeared again, as in frozen state and login reward closed. 
Checked Inventory, nope nothing. Just an ammo box again. 

Edited by WingsOfGryphin

It doesn't work. I tried 3 days at row AND I CLICKED ON OROKYNS PERFECTLY. I didn't receive it any way. 

Today when i clicked on image of blue potato it blinked and appeared again, as in frozen state and login reward closed. 

You gotta wait til it's all slow.

The timing is a bit off - you gotta click at the end of the animation, when the icon is disappearing. I usually do this too, and indeed it doesn't work in those times.

But in other times it does, and I get exactly what I clicked on.

As you wish!

[snip out youtube video]

I had only one beforehand, and I believe the normal timer lasts one tick longer (though I'm not certain!). I'm well aware this is far from enough evidence and will try to accumulate more over the next few days. :)

I got a reactor blueprint yesterday, so it works or I have really good luck, haha.

Thanks Quetzhal for posting videos.  While of course it's not incontrovertible proof the bug exists it's most definitely a start!  Keep it up!

I'm sure people have seen me post this in other threads about the log in bonus but to all you supposedly reasonable skeptics: How do you rationalize multiple people reporting numerous successes across many threads yet so vehemently defend the position of "it's all random"?  Surely a rational person would believe it to be more likely that some issue exists here even if they themselves cannot reproduce it instead of believing in the rather silly and far-fetched alternatives.

Thanks Quetzhal for posting videos.  While of course it's not incontrovertible proof the bug exists it's most definitely a start!  Keep it up!

I'm sure people have seen me post this in other threads about the log in bonus but to all you supposedly reasonable skeptics: How do you rationalize multiple people reporting numerous successes across many threads yet so vehemently defend the position of "it's all random"?  Surely a rational person would believe it to be more likely that some issue exists here even if they themselves cannot reproduce it instead of believing in the rather silly and far-fetched alternatives.

There's no shortage of people on the internet who beleive random events aren't random. Proof wont come by posting random people being "successful " getting what they want in a random event. All that takes is volume.

Proof is when you can show everyone how to repete the success every time.