Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon Concept] Oyhoj - Tenno-Built Dual Rope Darts

Minelegend

The Oyhoj is a pair of deadly darts built to grab and pull enemies towards the user with extreme force. -Codex

For those who are more educated in Japanese you may notice that the name is really unoriginal, but I found that it souned cool for a project name.(Yes, I took rope dart in japanese and reversed the spelling.) This is a puncture-based throwing weapon with one difference from normal throwing weapons, it doesnt explode. Instead of exploding, channeling will cause it to drag enemies within a radius towards the used with a knockdown effect. The idea is to be able to use this on capture targets and harder enemies to allow you and your team to deal more damage to them.

Concept art is a WIP, but the design is of 2 darts on the ends of energy "ropes" that pierce into the target. The tenno do not exactly hold them as much as coil the rope around their hands as the rope comes from attachments to their arms, similar to where is glaive is. I may attempt some 3D models in blender, but no promises because I am a complete novice with the program.

-Rough sketch Released-

-Various angles and "rope/chain" concept added-

ByTO9wM.png

Sorry for butchering my design and the Tenno wrting style, but its a start and I'm using a mouse.

It's attacks use the rope to swing the dart around the tenno either in circles or arcs.

It's stance mod "Grasping Fang" would be based on quick arcing swings with long-ranged throws.

Edited by Minelegend

It sounds good but the issue with it is, it makes one of valks abilities kinda useless then

I had thought of that and wondered how it would balance out. I imagine that it will do generally less damage unless modded correctly and really I usually never see someone use ripline in the first place.

-Edit- Ripline will apply a slash proc upon hit, the Oyhoj will not apply procs everytime and will be based off of puncture damage. They will also not be able to pull the user across the battlefield.

Edited by Minelegend

so let me get this straight....it's melee weapon that uses throwing knives with ropes attached to them? pretty awesome concept :) but I think it should be in the Whip stance instead of just creating a whole new stance......I think? 

If it used whip stances it would not have the ability to grappel enemies, instead it would only be a whip. To be able to grappel it would need to be classified as a different weapon type.

What kind of answer were you expecting? It's either that or wait until they develop the tools to draw with the power of your mind lel

Or try your cell phone, tons of drawing apps.

Anyway, would be neat to see this in game, if only because it'll add a new grappling mechanic that can be added to whip stances.

Edited by DarkTails