Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Hardcore Warframe Mode

rockscl

Build your new warframe and give the option to make it a hardcore warframe, Yes, like D3, you die, your warframe is lost, forever.

- Updated November 27-

Ok people, firstly, i want to say that, personally, if the people at Digital Extremes start to consider the HC for warframe, i would just ask them to put the HC as stated above, just the button in the foundry, in a alpha state so we can try and eventually agree or forget about this.

I proceed to place togheter the most grounded ideas, so people can jump into the conversation without scrolling 9 pages of Normandy Beachesque chat hehehe

Hardcore Mode:
1 introduction

Raw: optionally, a warframe can become a hardcore warframe, as in other referenced games (Diablo 3, Path of Exile) the warframe will be lost forever upon death

Cooked: The hardcore is present in some prominent games, such as D3 and PoE, this mechanic offers a high degree of replayability and a constant challenge to end game players, this mode was suggested as a mean to give a new breath of risk, thrill, adrenaline and glory to warframe but, eventually, the idea gained some muscle and shaped into a endgame mechanic with some degree of ambitious complexity that worried a segment of players about giving DE too much distraction from fixing and balancing the existing stuff, not to mention the high possibility of death by bugs, and im not talking about the infested, its about the game spawning you under the floor by example.

HC in the hot topic poll:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/350287-november-21st-community-hot-topics/

The idea has noticeably polarized the community, however as the hot topic poll shows, theres at least a 70% of potential people backing this idea, so, in order to target these people, this doc hopefully will motivate em all to support this.

2 Main Ideas

Our action have consequences

The frames are the hearth of warframe, they are conceived, born and grown in a world where they cant be lost (and thats ok), this is what we call normal mode, so in order to make hardcore an addition and not a people stealer from normal mode, some ideas have been suggested, some are not totally hardcore, however are good ideas for endgame and continuous pve motivation, here are most of the ideas, with link for the most complex ones:

2.1 HC mode unlocking options:

• Choose it at the foundry, before crafting the warframe.

• Only available for players that completed the starchart.

• Choose it as you login.

2.2 Relation by Rewards suggested

This idea means “just give hc, and put these rewards somewhere”:

• Unique mods

• Increased(really increased) drop rates

• No kubrow and/or argon decay.

2.3 Total HC, separate arsenal, no shared items

• items from normal cant be shared with hc nor viceversa

• upon death, everything is lost, nothing will remain

2.4 Not so HC, temporary locking

upon death, the warframe is locked for a time

2.5 Relation by Leader boards and Short seasons(aka Ascension mode)

The idea is a system that would put relation between normal mode and hc with a seasonal competition for Glory, presenting short seasoned(weeks) PVE races, with leaderboards and some bit of corpus tech behind.

You will pick some of your frames, put them in the run, and as they fall, they are out of the season and wiped forever, eventually, one of them may ascend, and gain a place in normal mode with higher stats than normal, like gladiators gaining their freedom, can this be any cooler?

Full idea here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/341404-add-hardcore-warframe-mode/?p=3915137

2.6 Relation by Prime parts RNG boosting tokens(aka Pilgrimage mode)

Other than the sadists seeking for HC mode as a prize itself(aka me and HC backers) seems like nobody can think about any prize worthy of risking a frame, this is my personal point of view: i think that warframes are the actual bigger reward in this game, thats why people dont want to risk them, and that is perfect.

Thus whatever comes as a reward from hardcore mode must be bigger than a common warframe, must be below the normal mode and must point towards normal mode`s prime frames and weapons wich are possibly the only thing thats more valuable than a normal frame, so, in short words, i want HC to increase RNG for prime parts by giving consumable tokens, this is the idea i suggest:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xHxRxvNjh2Oh6r335ZUnIjRM7nVI61u5Chsx2UTMYp8/edit?usp=sharing

3 HC`s specific, pure conditions

• Team mates can lift you up

• No self resurrection

• Bleed out timer increased

• Stalker, g3, zanuka and syndicate hitsquads chance 0, this chance will increase as the player progress reaching its normal chance later in the run

• Expose player`s mark in the squad making

• a player downed by the stalker cant be lifted

• Faster build times for warframes

• Heavily Increased drop chances

• Only hc warframes in the squad

• Warframe is lost upon death

• The warframe has its own inventory, wich is lost upon death

• Only certain mastery rank allowed or full starchart allowed

• No prime frames allowed for starter

• Limit number of restores carried

• Only can use hc built stuff

4 Unwanted deaths that should be adressed

• Melee weapon forced holstering animation after passing weird terrain
  • Melee unable to change its vertical angle, making enemies unreachable when fighting them in ladders from above to below(with most weapons)
  • Spawning under the floor
  • Missile stunlock
  • Enemy aimbot giving the host unfairly high chances to die
  • Getting wrecked after host migration

5 Other nice features

• Hall of honor for the fallen ones with history of missions cleared, tennos saved, bosses killed, some heroic title

• Squadmaker, allowing to find a group of HC players

• Spectator mode, so people can enjoy watching us QQ after dying for whatever reason
Edited by rockscl

Now I can't stop thinking about what would be worth that risk in WF.

i concur.

what is actually worth that risk? anything you gained while not in 'Hardcore' would obviously not be available in it, they'd be almost basically separate accounts.

so then, what's actually worth the risk of dying losing everything you've ever done with that Warframe / Equipment? and probably losing the Equipped Mods?

The thought of losing my Nyx Prime on death made me almost cry. Now I can't stop thinking about what would be worth that risk in WF. Thoughts?

a small secret of the orokin would be really cool, like its a mission even the Lotus would ward against, because of the risk that there will be no recovery. this could very well be something like maybe a flashback or to go with he new augmentation. new ways to use your frame 

I'm not sure what could be worth that risk, considering the amount of work or use some people have put into their frames and weapons. I have just over 46 million xp on my zephyr, and I wonder what risk of losing that what could be a reward that wont have people setting themselves on fire over a nerf request?

Edited by ObviousLee

The thought of losing my Nyx Prime on death made me almost cry. Now I can't stop thinking about what would be worth that risk in WF. Thoughts?

Some heroic degree, a dead warframe is a extinct one, a surviving one, is a Hero, the higher the heroic rank, the higher chance to oxium drops, or some other stuff xD

Edited by rockscl

but for only 100 platinum you could bring it back!

Harsh joke aside.

I must ask why? What would reward would it give you, higher affinity earn rate, extra stats or just challenge?

Somewhat a good idea I know I wouldn't risk any of my frames, well maybe volt. Reward would have to be th cost of the frame and what you have on it. In platinum. Ie 300for vauban, 20 for catalyst, depending on the mods if they get lost too or could be a bonus platnium. But I don't see this going anywhere.

Suda's voice as a Liset AI?

I'm ready to lose some frames for that x3

Dark Soultors.

My younger brothers are ready for this.

Your Tenno revives shall be useless.

Save your tears...

remiq.net_14077.jpg

( '^__^)

Edited by Spectre-Agent

All that's asking for is the stalker to show up on your HC frame that doesn't have anywhere near enough mods to survive it and one-shotting it with absolutely nothing that could be done to prevent it.
Or a random world break where you just fall endlessly to your death with no way to predict it or save yourself.
Or a random arson eximus fire-wave...

List goes on to the sheer amount of times RNG can just go "You're dead!" with nothing that could really save you.

And there would only ever be 3 frames that would be selected to do this: Rhino Prime, Limbo (duration build for max rift-walking and damage avoidance), and Zephyr (Max duration Turbulence).  No other frame would be survivable enough to last anywhere beyond the mid-planets.

All that's asking for is the stalker to show up on your HC frame that doesn't have anywhere near enough mods to survive it and one-shotting it with absolutely nothing that could be done to prevent it.

Or a random world break where you just fall endlessly to your death with no way to predict it or save yourself.

Or a random arson eximus fire-wave...

List goes on to the sheer amount of times RNG can just go "You're dead!" with nothing that could really save you.

And there would only ever be 3 frames that would be selected to do this: Rhino Prime, Limbo (duration build for max rift-walking and damage avoidance), and Zephyr (Max duration Turbulence).  No other frame would be survivable enough to last anywhere beyond the mid-planets.

Max invisibility rage qt loki? Or how about hysteria Spam Valkyr?

they could just prevent hunter squads from spawning on those nodes.

Edit: OOH thought of another two, Min duration max range miasma spam saryn and bubble walk frost!

Edited by Drasiel

I have all frames and enough parts to build frames for every soldier in chinese army. If there would be some nice rewards i'd hit hardcore mission when ever i have new disposable frame ready. About rewards which would suck me in hc-mission would be potato, slots, sack full of neural sensors, pretty costumes and colors. +1 OP